Create Account

S76 PT #0: For Chirps and Wiggles Due: Sunday, April 7th @ 11:59 PM PST

Dominik definitely runs into fans when he is on vacation, but luckily for him, he mostly spends time down in Cancun and places like that that let him avoid the worst of swarming from fans that might recognize him in a place like San Francisco, St. Louis, or back home in Czechia. He’s not on the level of someone that would be recognized no matter where he goes, so it’s nice for him to get out of the hockey sphere. Dominik likes to relax and get away from the fans when he can as it allows him unwind and rest his body when it’s the offseason. San Francisco does a good job in making the playoffs which takes an extra toll on his body, and Dominik isn’t one who shies away from contact, blocked shots, and making the harder plays. Does it always work? No, but it’s helpful for Dominik to get away from the game for a couple weeks.

WC: 160

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

ISFL affiliate

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

As the baltimore platoon's current captain, my player must have a good relationship with the fans. naturally, he gets recognized a lot in the city, and he always has good interactions. he treats the fans with kindness and respect, and is always down to take pictures and sign autographs. sometimes he will even have full conversations with them. it is nice to be given the opportunity to get to know all these different people, and getting to hear everyone's stories is exciting. There are a lot of fun people in the hockey community, and my player does not take that for granted. it is my player's job as captain to set a good example for the rest of the team, and we don't want our team to have a reputation as being rude to fans. without them, we wouldnt be here being paid millions to play the sport we love after all. We owe them a little kindness at the very least

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

Written Option 2: While offseason is prime time for training it is also the time for rest for the players so they are ready for long season ahead of them. Should you stay at home or go to vacation, going to any public spaces has a chance to run into a fan or group of them. How does your player interact on these encounter? Do they like the attention? Do they need to reserve 3 hours and 2 pens to go to local store? Selfie with first and run from the rest? Maybe they are doing their best to be as unrecognizable? Or just do they take a car with tinted windows from door to door with few security guards making sure nobody gets to talk to them (while Chirping away at fans on their phone)?

Frøya has always been the type to train super hard in the offseason. It worked extremely well for her last season to head to the World Junior Championships as well as the International Ice Hockey Federation tournaments and so she was extremely happy to have the chance to do it once again. While the results with Norway left a lot to be desired with the unfortunate horrible quarterfinal finish 9 to 1 versus Sweden, Norden had managed to claw their way back into a gold medal to get the back to back gold medal. While Frøya still wasn't happy with her international play altogether, the coaching from Norway's international coaches brought a lot to her game that she could still work on. It'll probably take a season or two to finally establish her new skills, but once she gets up to the SHL the next season, she may really have an explosive improvement in her play and be able to actually compete. As for activities during the offseason, Frøya does like to just go around and live her life as normal. Well... as normal as life can be for a popular hockey player. She does often get approached for signatures or selfies or hellos and Frøya takes it in stride. While she doesn't enjoy the attention nearly as much as her sister does, she still tries her best to make sure any and all fans are satisfied. (237 words)

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

Elena Maximova doesn't mind interacting with fans. Most of them are chill and are excited to just get a picture, an autograph and talk a bit. Her english is still somewhat broken but she manages to make fans happy when she takes a moment to talk to them. She takes fan interactions as part of the job and will do her best to at least be polite and make sure she talks to everyone who waited to meet her. She is not really one of the team's biggest stars so she doesn't have to worry about hoards of them everywhere she goes. Her encounters with Monarchs fans are mostly around the team's facilities and during official events. She sometimes gets recognized when she walks around the city but it's still pretty rare. Maybe the fact that it's so unusual is the reason why she isn't bothered by it despite being a pro athlete for a few years now.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Written Option #2:
Gordon-William Gibbles doesn't worry much about being swarmed by fans when they are out in public. While he has yet to make it to the big leagues and truly experience the fandom's attention, he grew up with seeing his father hounded by fans in Minnesota. He knows it will likely happen to him too once he makes the jump next season, but he goes into that hellscape knowing what to expect. His parents both being celebrities means he has had no shortage of media/press events as well as red carpets. He has learned how to be polite and appreciate his fans while also setting firm boundaries. He has also hired a personal assistant to do some of the more time consuming shopping and outside errands so that he doesnt have to be out in the public eye. GW Gibbles has heard that a famous female celebrity has been seeking to ask him on a date, so far their identity has remained a mystery.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

PBE Affiliate Link

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2024, 05:15 PM by crutch. Edited 1 time in total.)

Carter Crutchfield is a player that doesn't mind interacting with the fans at all - if they pay good money for merchandise and tickets to see him and the Anchorage Armada play, the least he can do is take a few pictures and sign a few autographs. With the league being as competitive as it is, and so many players and teams to cheer for, if a fan decides to cheer for Carter Crutchfield & the Armada, the young defender feels almost obligated to indulge the fans on their wishes and desires to have a positive experience with a player from that team. It would be unfair for a young player in the SMJHL to decide that he is above the fans, as they are the ones that allow that league to operate, and to allow development of many players that go on to be big game players within the SHL.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Options 2:

Spack Jarrow has made it a tradition to head out on the high seas during offseason to keep his sea legs fresh. This means that Spack is generally not available for autograph hunters or dedicated fans during the offseason. However, for a change this season though, Spack will be sailing his ship to Hawaii and will be participating in a boat party on the beach of Maui where others are invited to bring their boats and dock with Sparrows ship. The event is an impromptu party that doesn't have any permits yet and might result in some dangerous situations but Jarrow has never been one to over plan things or let negative thoughts stop him from something. So if you are thinking about coming, please consider leaving your children at home for their safety but don't forget to bring that swim suit. It should be a hell of a party.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

Being the youngest player in the league, Anastasia Söderström has been more of an introverted player her whole life, and especially since joining the Detroit Falcons and coming to North America, but after winning a shock MVP she's certainly going to get more attention from the fans along with having to do media. Her billet family has been pretty good about keeping an eye out when she's out getting groceries or things like that, but she's happy to oblige for a photo when it's with kids. The memory of that long-ago encounter with Sophie Bordeleau at the Worlds has still stuck in her head, so she knows the impact that can have in being a role model. In the next season, she's already mentally preparing for the extra spotlight that she'll have from winning the MVP and Top Rookie trophy, but she should be able to handle the expectations; she's certainly been through enough in her rookie year to prove she can.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

[Image: 8b353a48-a3d6-4bde-b75a-96438ebe7b4d_148...height=676]

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Prompt 2

Celebrities sometimes struggle with being recognized; they want privacy for themselves and their families, but also want to show appreciation for the people that support them. As a defensive defenseman on a team that's performed as badly as the Dragons lately, Jaden Tanner struggles less than most. He's part of the new core that's going to be hitting their stride in the next couple seasons, but he's not really central to the roster.

In fact, when Jaden goes out with his teammates, he's often the one fans ask to take a picture of them with their favorite player. This is fine with him. He doesn't like the idea of not being able to go out without being recognized, unable to simply mind his business and be left alone. Luckily, he can stay completely unrecognizable by just wearing a beanie and sunglasses. Nobody has the heart to tell him he looks like kind of a tool.

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

OPTION 2

In the off season, GM's Son likes to spend his time doing exactly the kind of thing that you would expect the spoiled son of a Simulation Hockey League General Manager to do: party. He does not pay any attention to his physical conditioning, training, or practice during the break from the regular season, instead choosing to live it up as much as he possibly can as a hot SHL prospect and star juniors player. He likes to split his time between a few locations, leaving Vancouver the day after elimination from the playoffs and going down to Los Angeles, then Miami, and partying just as hard as one would expect. He then likes to take a long trip to Europe or the tropics, spending more time partying in either location, before finally hitting Montreal so he can be seen with the fans who can't wait for his callup. He then returns to Vancouver to prepare for the season by partying.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

The offseason is a superb opportunity to get ready for the next season. Often, the best way to get prepared is to solely focus on the task at hand. So, often times I try to stay close to the rink and try to keep my time in public to a minimum. It is not that interacting with fans is not something that I want to do, but it simply is not something that I feel is promoting a focused routine. If I do happen to run into a fan at the supermarket or on my walk from my car to the rink, I always find time to take a quick photo, sign an autograph or simply have a short conversation. Ultimately, it just means that I spend less of my time out in the wider public. I try not to frequently visit popular restaurants or be out in things like festivals or block parties. I actually find that during the season I’m more apt to focus on fan interactions. It is particularly fun to get to know people on visiting cities. The offseason just feels more sacred. But that also doesn’t mean I’m going to be a jerk to a big fan here locally.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

One of the benefits of playing goalie is that no one really is going to recognize you when you are out and about, because people aren't used to seeing you sweaty, haggard, and with a mask and full pads on your body. Well maybe its more of a curse if you're one of those people who wants to be recognized when they are out and about. Regardless, as a goalie, it is difficult to get noticed when walking around in the public eye. That's why, on the off chance that he does get recognized, Jon St. Ark does what he can to give back to the fans and community. After all, do you know how much of a die-hard you have to be to notice a guy based primarily on his marketing materials or league headshots? Those are like, the most intense of fans and its important to reward that level of emotional investment from a person in the team. So its not hard to take a few pictures and otherwise spend a few minutes speaking with folks who take an interest.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]