Create Account

Re: SMJHL Early Contact

03-30-2024, 01:14 PMluke Wrote: 1. Locking punishment threads leads to just different posts of discussions, instead of having it be in the punishment thread. If people disagree with it, they will be vocal about it. Just let them be vocal in the actual thread. Locking it makes it feel like J HO is trying to avoid blame or trying to avoid something. Even if its not their intent
Well said, I don't know what sort of backlash or unproductive discussion they expected on a thread for a 2m fine. Unless gabe was complaining about the oncoming slew of fire gabe remarks? @Gwdjohnson

[Image: izzy.PNG]

03-30-2024, 01:18 PMaleks Wrote: Well said, I don't know what sort of backlash or unproductive discussion they expected on a thread for a 2m fine. Unless gabe was complaining about the oncoming slew of fire gabe remarks? @Gwdjohnson

he's been used to it dw

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

03-30-2024, 01:18 PMaleks Wrote: Well said, I don't know what sort of backlash or unproductive discussion they expected on a thread for a 2m fine. Unless gabe was complaining about the oncoming slew of fire gabe remarks? @Gwdjohnson

MODS HELP!

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Locking the thread had nothing to do with that penalty in particular, but it's just a new standard of practice we're looking to include at the J level after much discussion.

It's also not that anyone is against meaningful discussion with regards to penalties (and points made here are fair and ones we'll discuss in J HO), it's more that we want to have those discussions as discussions (like what's happening now) and not necessarily encourage the dunk on humans fest that seems to happen frequently.

While it might feel silly to have a separate post for it, it also sometimes feels like the more productive way to keep the conversation focused.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

03-30-2024, 01:22 PMSchwarzNarr Wrote: Locking the thread had nothing to do with that penalty in particular, but it's just a new standard of practice we're looking to include at the J level after much discussion.

It's also not that anyone is against meaningful discussion with regards to penalties (and points made here are fair and ones we'll discuss in J HO), it's more that we want to have those discussions as discussions (like what's happening now) and not necessarily encourage the dunk on humans fest that seems to happen frequently.

While it might feel silly to have a separate post for it, it also sometimes feels like the more productive way to keep the conversation focused.
It seems infinitely more productive to me to punish people who are unfairly dunking on other users on that basis alone as opposed to full on locking discussion threads though

03-30-2024, 01:24 PMaleks Wrote: It seems infinitely more productive to me to punish people who are unfairly dunking on other users on that basis alone as opposed to full on locking discussion threads though

I guess mentally, a punishment thread/that forum is an announcement place, where we can say "Hey, this happened, this is the action taken" vs an actual discussion about said action, which, makes way more sense to me in the discussion forum.

03-30-2024, 01:27 PMSchwarzNarr Wrote: I guess mentally, a punishment thread/that forum is an announcement place, where we can say "Hey, this happened, this is the action taken" vs an actual discussion about said action, which, makes way more sense to me in the discussion forum.
But then if a thread like this is made isn't that the same thing? I don't see any difference personally but maybe someone else does?

03-30-2024, 01:28 PMaleks Wrote: But then if a thread like this is made isn't that the same thing? I don't see any difference personally but maybe someone else does?

I think it's really just mental purpose of the site sections. I get that it's probably 6 of one half dozen of the other for most people, but after a discussion about it in J HO, ultimately we felt it was a more positive move to just begin locking all threads we post to the punishment forum.

We lock and shut down all threads that drive discussion and forum activity then we wonder why the forum has been dying… sad times

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

03-30-2024, 01:30 PMtrella Wrote: We lock and shut down all threads that drive discussion and forum activity then we wonder why the forum has been dying… sad times

If ALL of the threads that drive activity are centered around dunking on other people for their mistakes we got some problems.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

03-30-2024, 01:32 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: If ALL of the threads that drive activity are centered around dunking on other people for their mistakes we got some problems.
I’ll never use hyperbole again Jess sorry about that

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

03-30-2024, 01:38 PMtrella Wrote: I’ll never use hyperbole again Jess sorry about that

ABSOLUTELY UNFORGIVABLE

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

03-30-2024, 01:30 PMtrella Wrote: We lock and shut down all threads that drive discussion and forum activity then we wonder why the forum has been dying… sad times

facts

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

03-30-2024, 01:32 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: If ALL of the threads that drive activity are centered around dunking on other people for their mistakes we got some problems.
the problem is that people that rise to positions of power on fake sim sports league are for the most part little piss babies who are afraid of any confrontation

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

03-30-2024, 01:52 PMGooney Wrote: the problem is that people that rise to positions of power on fake sim sports league are for the most part little piss babies who are afraid of any confrontation

lmao. Hot takes for 100 gooney. 

DM’s are open feel free to slide on in.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]