Create Account

S76 mPT #1: Lessons from pre(diction)-season Due: Sunday, April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Against: Nobody cares about the SMJHL

I have rarely had fun in the SHL proper, so the SMJHL, home to a majority of my good memories on the site, is the prime SHL league in my mind.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Nobody cares about the SMJHL

Against, I care about the SMJHL being a J GM so that by default means that at least someone cares for it since I like to tell myself I count as someone even if it's not true.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I am going against the statement that Maine is going to win the Four Star Cup as I believe that the Yukon Malamutes are going to win the cup as they got a ton of depth.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Quote:Maine is going to win the Four Star Cup

For

We came pretty close the last two seasons in Maine. And I think this is our season to get back into it. We got a great squad full of great earners and while Expansion did hurt us it hurt us way less than other teams.

45 words

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

Maine is going to win the Four Star Cup

Against, I personally think that the league is too deep to make a for sure call with Maine. Quebec returns a lot of their productivity and would be my prediction to take the Four Star Cup home this season.

Code:
New England will win the Presidents’ Trophy

Against. The East is far more competitive than the West outside of the top teams, and the gauntlet that New England will need to run to finish the regular season should keep them below whoever feasts most in the West, most likely Los Angeles.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

New England will win the Presidents’ Trophy

-This Friends of the SHL will be NEW's best season in the history of seasons. I say this because next year I will be called up and will absolutely tear the franchine down for 10-15 seasons or until @luke gives me up for a 8th round pick and a pack of big red.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Against, because the SMJHL is very important, and I care about it. As an SMJHL GM the league is very important to me, and I could say the same for every other single gm and most of the players in the SMJHL

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

Prompt: Nobody cares about the SMJHL

This is just patently untrue.  The J is something that everyone in the league experiences, but not everyone plays in the majors.  That's an overly simple way of looking at it, but I think it lays out a pretty simple argument.  Not only do people care about the SMJHL, I'd argue that because more people play in the J that the SHL is the one people don't care about.

Against. For the sole reason that the whole Colorado Raptors team were enough to keep interest in the league going. Nobody cared more than the Raptors group the past few seasons and the energy kept a love for SMJHL going

Code:
Against.

This is Quebec City's year. Granted, I said that last year. And the year before. But the Citadelles have it this year, I promise. Surely we don't choke in the playoffs this time.

Code:

Against! The SMJHL rocks. Doesn't take up 9 years of your life, and sometimes you get to overlap with some players that you would otherwise never get on your team. So many people care down there, at least in certain circles. Voting for awards down there also makes me care, personally.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Code:
Conference finals will be same 4 that they were last season (LAP, TEX, PHI and NEW)

For

All 4 teams only got stronger and we saw a few of the closer teams make some big changes that weakened their roster. Those 4 teams are the tops of their respective conferences and should meet each other in the Conference Finals. Strong, strong rosters and depth that should out-match every other team.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2
Regular Season - [G 7] [A 13] [Pts 20] [+/- +27] [PIM 36] [Hits 37] [SB 125]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 2] [Pts 2] [+/- +4] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 12]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Code:
Against. The smjhl is very important to the shl helps new players start the league and helps mold young gms.

[Image: 2C932D37-514E-45EA-95D8-45C16F70520B.jpg...cd072524d&]

For: Maine is looking really good going into this season. I mostly picked this prompt because my player is on Maine, but it is really looking good for our chances of having a great season. I don't really believe that our 7-0 preseason means that much, but it does show that we will have potential to go on long winning streaks throughout the season.

[Image: mikelis.jpg?ex=660c1ce5&is=65f9a7e5&hm=c...4a38cd630&]