Create Account

S76 mPT #1: Lessons from pre(diction)-season Due: Sunday, April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Code:
Nobody cares about the SMJHL

Against:

Many people may see the SMJHL as just extra time before you get to where you want to be. But the SMJHL must act as an introduction to the site. SMJHL is where I’ve had the most fun so far on the site.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

Buffalo will miss the playoffs for first time since S45

Against. This just doesn’t happen. The thing with Buffalo is that TPE doesn’t indicate their success. They are capable of winning games, even if their team does not look good on paper. With Tomen at the helm, they don’t lose.

Code:
Maine is going to win the Four Star Cup
For.

Even tho I am a diehard knights player, I agree with this, they just get better players year after year, they are always in the top 5 in league standings, It would be no surprise if they do win it all

[Image: fhfhjvbvnc.gif]

Ahh

Why would New England win the President's Cup over a handful of various other teams? Trade for Omega, the mere existence of LA to begin with, and a relatively competitive conference make the Wolfpack's path to the cup very challenging. I'd pick a few teams before them at this point -- though I do agree they could make it to the finals at a reasonable clip if we simmed the season 100 times.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Maine is going to win the Four Star Cup"

Responding to this blindly, I would assume that Maine is still good as they have been for awhile for this is not really a surprising statement, I would think they have been competing for a long time and have good management So I could see it, I could see this argument for any team that isn't full rebuilding in the SMJHL as it is very competitive.

25+ words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2024, 09:39 PM by WannabeFinn. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Not happening. The Stampede are still good enough to make the playoffs right now, whatever that means when 80% of the league makes it. The first sim for the Stampede going 3-0-0 (admittedly against cupcakes) bodes well for the team after a rough preseason.

Code:
New England will win the Presidents’ Trophy

It'll be tough but it's possible. I lean LAP.

Code:
Conference finals will be same 4 that they were last season (LAP, TEX, PHI and NEW)

Seems likely. I can see SFP or BAP bucking the trend.

Code:
Either Chrish Valentine or Ivan Lacksamus will win the Ron Mexico Trophy

It's never a race between just two players in this league, but I am highly intrigued by Chris Valentine's opportunity here after switching positions.

Code:
Ben Waters Jr. will win the Scott Stevens Trophy

Cap city.

Code:
Either Olof Karsikko or Sir Devoir will win the John McBride Trophy

I would lean towards Grzegorz, Dionne, or Time. I think the winner will come from the West.

Code:

Well yeah he was SMJHL Commissioner

Code:

I don't think so but I guess it wouldn't surprise anyone.

Code:
Either Niclas Wastlund or Edouard Lavoie will win the Ideen Fallah Trophy

Wasty winning the Deener award is just destiny

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

"Buffalo will miss the playoffs for first time since S45"

Hell no. Against. Buffalo might be a mediocre team, but they’re better than Montreal and manhattan, who are the bottom two teams in the East. Buffalo also has the most consistent management in the SHL. Don’t doubt Tomen ever.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

"Maine is going to win the Four Star Cup"

Against, for the simple fact that the Caroline Kraken exists. We coming for the cup and all of the pudding.

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]

FOR: The conference finals will be the same four teams from last year. When you look at the rosters at the top pf the league, there is just such a significant strength, especially in the west that leaves me feeling like there is not likely to be much change in our conference final groups.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Code:
New England will win the Presidents’ Trophy

For

I mean they are pretty clearly (at least to me) the best team in the league. It would not surprise me for them to easily get themselves the Presidents' trophy, but the crazy thing I will say is I think they get upset early in the playoffs.

47 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Code:
Against, I think most people do care about the SMJHL since all of their players have been in the SMJHL. And yes I also care about the SMJHL and I'm basically everyone....

Code:

Code:

AGAINST - In my opinion, the SMJHL is a perfect way to introduce a person to the league and a great chance to meet a lot of good people.

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

Code:

Against! I find people are actually more invested in their SMJHL team than their SHL team. Might be the combo of my own teams that colour my judgement but people very much care about the SMJHL if you give them an occasion to.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Quote:
Code:
Against:  For Buffalo to miss the playoffs, that would mean they’d need to be bottom 2 in their Conference.  I don’t think there’s any way this season that Montreal or Manhattan will either be better than Buffalo, so they’ll continue their dominant streak. 
Quote:43 words

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

The Maine Timber are heavy favorites heading into this season just like every other season for the last 10+. They are a true SMJHL dynasty and have earned their place as a favorite each and every season.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder