Create Account

S76 mPT #1: Lessons from pre(diction)-season Due: Sunday, April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Against nobody caring about the SMJHL. The J is the real league here. It's all about raw talent. Not how much time you spend answering these silly little prompts.

(30)

Code:
Nobody cares about the SMJHL

Against. I care deeply about the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. It is where I won a Four Star Cup with the Colorado Raptors. Besides, in real life, junior hockey is incredibly popular. Its fun seeing the youngsters play!

[Image: Leonard-Wood-1.jpg?ex=65e9fdaf&is=65d788...3d17ea60e&]

Prompt Conference finals will be the same as last year. 

For. 

Honestly, just to kinda go with momentum etc. I've been away from the league for a while and this is my second season back, so not fully aware of the upward or downward trends but none of these teams seemed to make any drastic off season changes so they should stay where they are.

[Image: hudson.png]

[code:]Conference finals will be same 4 that they were last season (LAP, TEX, PHI and NEW)[/code}

I am for this. I think these teams are the top teams in the SHL and that they didn't really change much from this season to last season. I think for the most part they may have even gotten better which would allow them to get to the conference finals. There definitely is some personal bias because of having Tex there

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

04-09-2024, 02:45 PMWhikadoodle Wrote: Against nobody caring about the SMJHL. The J is the real league here. It's all about raw talent. Not how much time you spend answering these silly little prompts.

(30)

For. I absolutely do not care about the SMJHL when I am not in it but even I acknowledge that it is the lifeblood of the league, it's where people get hooked for the SHL in the first place and many maintain a lifelong connection to their junior team and the league as a whole.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Code:

For.

It isn't 100% true in my eyes, but it's some kind of that way. I think that only SMJHL players and their GM cares about this minor league. SHL starts to care only when new rookies are able to be a part of that major draft. Otherwise, it's pretty boring, has TPE limits and trophies doesn't have much of a worth.

Stars Stars Stars

Against, one only has to look at the amount of new players coming in and the quality of players getting drafted into the SHL to show that people do care about the SMJHL. This is nothing but a lame hot take.

Code:

Against

At least for right now I am against because Bean is down in the J but when he goes up it may change. Though I do not watch games in either league so maybe my opinion does not matter. Move games to Twitch!

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

FOR nobody cares about the SMJHL because it is a short experience with next to no impact on your experience in the league. It's only purpose is to introduce people to smaller communities and has your player's actual stats have no impact (assuming they do all PTs) on where they will be drafted to.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Code:
New England will win the Presidents’ Trophy

I am against this claim. The New England Wolfpack have been dominate in past seasons, but you can even see last season that their team has gotten worse and are not competing for the Presidents' Trophy like they used to. More likely than not it'll be the Los Angeles Panthers, Texas Renegades, or Baltimore Platoon.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

For: New England will win the Presidents’ Trophy

For any team to win the Presidents' Trophy, there's a lot that needs to go right. You need a good team, good coaching, good goaltending, and even with all of those things, a run of bad luck can sink your chances at a 1st place finish. However, New England has the pieces and experience to put forth as good a chance as any

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Against!

Like hard against! The J is such a great league that everyone gets super attached to. I don't think anyone here doesn't double pump when their old J team has success.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

I'm going to say the evidence is overwhelmingly against this train of thought. So many players only ever earn enough to stay in the SMJHL, others get excited to recreate and return to the SMJHL. The SMJHL is where so many people form their initial memories of the league and often its thought upon fondly.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

Quote:
Code:
Buffalo will miss the playoffs for first time since S45

Against:

This isn't happening because the Stampede are literally in the same division as Montreal, who is a lock to once again miss the postseason. And because only two teams miss...I would still say teams like Manhattan and Tampa are likelier.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Against: Conference finals will be same 4 that they were last season (LAP, TEX, PHI and NEW)

While It's pretty possible that we do get the same 4 teams like we have the last couple seasons, I fully believe Parity is wrong every once in a while and One of these 4 teams will be different this year just due to sim luck. But yeah... 3 of the 4 will probably be the same.

Code:
74 Words

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]