Create Account

S76 mPT #1: Lessons from pre(diction)-season Due: Sunday, April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Code:
Conference finals will be same 4 that they were last season (LAP, TEX, PHI and NEW)

For. Out of all the SHL claims I could see this one being closest to becoming true, though nothing is really that set in stone as all the Edmonton trades had huge impact on team balances.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

New England will win the Presidents’ Trophy
Even if Pre season went well for new england it was only 7 games and they could have only played the worst teams and none of the better teams meaning the data is just to small to conclude that will they win a presidents trophy

[Image: cVahF90.png]

Code:
Conference finals will be same 4 that they were last season (LAP, TEX, PHI and NEW)

No - I'm going to say that New England misses out and based on the start that they've had to the season, the Baltimore Platoon are able to make it to the conference finals. Not sure if I'd make this same prediction a couple of weeks into the season, but it'll be interesting to see how it plays out!

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

New England will win the Presidents’ Trophy

Against;

New England is off to a great start and i could see why soneone would think they could get the presidents trophy this year. But often teams that play that hard at the beginning of the season get tired sooner and end up dropping neir the end of the season. There are so many games in one season that its best to ease into it.

Nobody cares about the SMJHL.

Against. If you look at the dictionary.com definition of the word “nobody”, you will find that the word means “no person; not anyone.” Now, by definition, I am in fact a person and I happen to care about the SMJHL. By some simple calculations and a few assumptions it can be determined that at least one (possibly more but no way to prove for sure) person cares about the SMJHL.

Code:
Nobody cares about the SMJHL

Hard against on this. It's the first step when joining the league and helps build that excitement towards initially building your player to enter the SHL. There have been some great battles over the years and although it's sometimes a crap shoot based on whether a user will stay active or not, it has really compelling playoff series that make or break franchises.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Conference Finals will *not* be the same as it was last season. Now, someone who has been watching the sim might disagree, but as someone who only learned the difference between a shot and a slapshot a year ago, I personally think the vibe is all wrong around LAP.

[Image: jwpshl.png]

Buffalo will miss the playoffs for first time since S45

Yeah okay, I disagree. Lots of people here will say that it has to do largely with Tomen’s strategy acumen, but I think more so Montreal is just not ready yet. They won 1 whole game last season and, even with a more normal rebuilding year are not likely to explode up to 70 or 80 points.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2024, 12:01 PM by tomtommen. Edited 2 times in total. Edit Reason: typo )

Code:
Ben Waters Jr. will win the Scott Stevens Trophy

Against.
As he got that 35 mill contract by the Edmonton Blizzard I hope Ben Waters Jr. never gets any trophies at all. Nothing but total distaste for that entire situation

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Ben Waters Jr. will win the Scott Stevens Trophy

For

he clearly is the most scott stevens of all the players this year and deserves to be rewarded as the top scott stevens in the draft in my own humble opinion as someone who is never wrong about who is the most scott stevens player out there

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2024, 12:19 PM by Ricer13.)

Maine is going to win the Four Star Cup

Because of Maines recent ish history of winning I would say they are a favourite to win the cup yet again. Southpaw had it figured out down there and I’m sure he has created an active locker room with high tpe players.

Against: I had a blast in the SMJHL and will forever be a Carolina Kraken fan. It also makes it more fun to play my old J teammates now that I'm the SHL.

32 words

Nobody cares about the SMJHL:

Against - I really enjoyed my experience in the SMJHL My team was really into it, the LR was very active. I have also witnessed how much GMs of other SMJHL teams have truly cared about how they perform. I am very against this statement.

I am against the claim that no one cares about the SMJHL and see it as an outrageous insult. The SMJ is jam packed with excitement season to season and those who look away are missing out on amazing games!

[Image: p82ugau.png]

Against. The SMJHL is the premier development league for SHL, as well as bringing hockey to markets not served by the SHL. Plus, Crystal fell in love with Kelowna and vice versa because of the SMJHL

[Image: 8FnCVh9.jpg.]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

[Image: UmZVJaz.png]
[Image: 6gdbFeP.png][Image: auXbs4O.png]
[Image: 1oMA17u.png]