Create Account

S76 mPT #1: Lessons from pre(diction)-season Due: Sunday, April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Nobody cares about the SMJHL

For. The SMJHL cycle is so fast, and the players have so little time to do anything, that in the end the time spent there is but a flash in the pan.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

New England will win the Presidents’ Trophy

New England has made some changes to their roster, but they are still plagued with the same issues they has last season. We should expect to see a New England team hit top 5 but not have the same push as LAP to get that trophy.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Code:
Either Chrish Valentine or Ivan Lacksamus will win the Ron Mexico Trophy
Against: Last I checked neither one of these thoroughbreds play for the San Francisco Pride which are currently clogging up the leaderboard after 2 sims. Let's go baby!

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Against, because all the cool people care about the SMJHL. It is literally the best of the Simulation Hockey Leagues, and deserves all the credit it gets and more.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Against. I care about the SMJHL because I am on my first ever player, and I am currently in the J. It is actually more fun than the SHL because things change so quickly, and teams can rise and fall within seasons, rather than have silly longevity like in the SHL.

Nobody cares about the SMJHL. 

Against! 

The SMJHL is a crucial building block for players to get drafted into the SHL. It is also super important to site rookies since the SMJHL is the first point of contact within the league. I would actually argue that the SMJHL is more important than the SHL due to me believing in humble beginnings. 

Falcons Hockey fan for life. I pack the heat and score the goals!   Barracuda

[Image: Point_Celly-13020730.gif] 

Hattricked:

Against because I believe a lot of the people in this league that have been active for years take time to help new players in the J. These veterans also care about how their past J teams have been performing as well.

Code:

For. Kristian Seppanen is no longer part of the SMJHL, so all attention from all relevant parties is now on the SHL and the Atlanta Inferno, where Kristian Seppanen is absolutely lighting it up for...*checks notes* oh god redirect your attention back to the SMJHL.

Jokes aside, I'm a nobody and I care about the SMJHL.

Against. I care about the SMJHL because my goaltender Masked Stanger plays in it currently. Through my third season so far I have had fun playing in the SMJHL, I am a person that cares about the SMJHL, and therefore the code is false.

Code:
Maine is going to win the Four Star Cup

For.

Maine is a killer franchise and I am not at all biased in saying this year's Lavoie-Frankie-JJ line is unstoppable. We got this - let's go Timber!

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2024, 12:45 AM by Grum.)

Code:
Either Chrish Valentine or Ivan Lacksamus will win the Ron Mexico Trophy

Against:
Ivan Lacksamus isn't a terrible shout for an early Ron Mexico candidate but I think the forwards on both San Francisco and Baltimore are just off to really strong starts that it might be hard for either of Valentine or Lacksamus to catchup or even keep up through a full season. Still hoping for an Adam Prpich Mexico for that tpe though

Conference finals will be same 4 that they were last season (LAP, TEX, PHI and NEW)

Against

I'm still a big fan of SFP, and they're looking ready to take a big step this season, so I'm betting on them to at least make it to the Western Conference Final. (36 words)

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

That's stupid, I exclusively care about the SMJHL right now. I'm not in the SHL yet I'm still playing down here, so that's what I care about. Why would I care more about a league I don't play in? I'll care when I graduate the J but until then, J supremacy.

Ofcourse someone cares about the SMJHL, it is just not me. Some people prefer going with low tpe numbers since they wont have to earn alot then, but in the end i think everyone should aspire to make it in the big leagues.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Code:
Against
I think SMJHL is more passionate about the games than the SHL. The problem is the sims are making it seem like no one cares. Also the reason that it has this perception is most PTs on the site are about the majors giving the false impression that nobody cares.

[Image: Make-a-photo-realistic-epic-image-of-a-h...a-go-1.png]