Create Account

S76 mPT #1: Lessons from pre(diction)-season Due: Sunday, April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Maine is going to win the Four Star Cup? I disagree. Colorado is going to repeat because that's what we do: we do the exact same thing as we did last season. Following that logic you can predict a never ending string of Colorado Raptors 4 Star Cups until the heat death of the universe and then for a little while afterwards. If you're an SMJHL fan it's going to get real boring not being on the Raptors, that's all I'll say.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

Code:
Nobody cares about the SMJHL

Against
This is a silly argument of course there are people who care about SMJHL. People wrote team histories and design logo and color schemes. So there are some people who love it just not me and many other people.
Words ~39

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Code:
New England will win the Presidents’ Trophy

This won't be New England's year in my mind, of course they will still be very dominant but with the start to the season teams like the Baltimore Platoon and San Francisco Pride have had will make it extremely difficult for the New England wolfpack to not only catch but up, but to then keep up as well if they can get back into the picture.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2024, 06:09 PM by Operation Ivy.)

Code:
Either Chrish Valentine or Ivan Lacksamus will win the Ron Mexico Trophy

FOR this as Chris Valentine will win the Ron Mexico trophy. He is a converted defenseman who will put up points while also playing an excellent defensive game as a forward.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Code:
Code:

Against: The SMJHL is a crucial part of this community, it may not be as important for seasoned vets but for new members their experience in the J is a major factor in how long they stick around.

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

New England WILL win the President's Trophy this year. Reason why? Lily Jin Morrow of course. Lily in her first season of SHL will bring the cup back to New England once again, purely through team motivation and heart. New England will rise again.

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

Code:

So so very much against. The SHL wouldn't exist without the J and the foundation that it serves as, especially for brand new users. Besides what everyone else here has already pointed out, alumni don't like going back to their J teams if given the opportunity for no reason.

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

AGAINST. As a fairly new player and a send-down, my experience in the SMJHL shows everything against that, from activity in discord servers, to conversations between staff and players, it's very clear that the SMJHL has a large following as well. Besides, that's when players develop and learn the league. Without the J, I believe many players would give up before long.

Quote:Nobody cares about the SMJHL
Against.  One of the things that leagues and users need to embrace is the Minor Leagues, no matter which Sim league it is.  If you are positive and helpful in the minors, you will build up everyone that is new and get people excited.  How many people get turned off by Grumps?

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!

Code:
Either Chrish Valentine or Ivan Lacksamus will win the Ron Mexico Trophy

Against. Mostly because it should be ‘Chris’, but also because I don’t expect myself to win awards. I want to win a cup, that’s the goal. But absolute best of luck to anyone hoping to win!

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

Code:
Maine is going to win the Four Star Cup

Not if half the Jleague has something to say about it! Maine is stumbling out the gate and numerous other teams are looking dominant. Especially QCC,NFL and CAR

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: 53556226276_2eace1e209.jpg]
Bleed Black and Gold
[Image: malamutes.png]LD #6 Dash Jackson- Yukon Malamutes Blizzard
[Image: 53364500956_b676deb89a_w.jpg]

Code:

Against. You can't take away Spack Jarrow's introduction to the league away and minimize his achievements. Sure some other team won the cup (nobody remembers their name), but Jarrow achieved greatness with the Armada. Without that first step, the next step never happens. Sure I haven't been following the results lately but that is probably just the exception to the norm.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

[Image: tenor.gif]

AGAINST

Nobody cares about the SMJHL?!?!?! The audacity of the person that came up with this prompt. Do you even lift watch SMJHL games, bro?

Is this insinuation to imply that everyone cares about the SHL?  We should all be so lucky to watch the Argonauts and Patriotes all the time, what with their collective 8 wins in a combined 132 games. Riveting. 

If you don't care about the "J", you should. We have the next wave of superstars in this league, a mix of recreates and first-gens who are tearing things up before they make the jump to the bigs. You don't like high octane offense and and teams chock full of elite players (looking at you, Quebec)? How about playoff atmospheres that would rival any league, a steady mix of parity and mini-dynasties. Locker rooms full of enthusiasm and personality. The SMJHL is as good, if not better, than the SHL.

You don't care about the J? [Image: tenor.gif]

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]

so true. the simulation major junior hockey league is not very good for a multitude of reasons. the largest reason being that the caps that are currently in place, along with the pace in which you earn, make it such that at the 350 and 425 caps, you are not applying your tpe, which in my opinion is something a player should always be doing, just to keep players in a loop of constantly being active and getting on the site. Why have a palyer not do anything for multiple seasons just cuz theyre at cap?

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Buffalo will miss the playoffs for first time since S45

FOR: heres the thing. I was in buffalo for a long time, then as soon as i announced id be joining MY OWN EXPANSION team i was kicked out. theres no way they are fostering a good community there because they excommunicated me. plus tomen didnt even really try to draft me

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers