Create Account

S76 mPT #1: Lessons from pre(diction)-season Due: Sunday, April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

04-08-2024, 03:01 AMpuolivalmiste Wrote:
Everyone knows the importance of preseason as it is good indication of what to expect from regular season.

Pick one of the claims. Begin your task with the word 'For' or 'Against' and then make an argument why you for whichever side you chose! You may respond to the original prompt or to someone else's response but keep it civil.

Code:
New England will win the Presidents’ Trophy

Code:
Buffalo will miss the playoffs for first time since S45

Code:
Conference finals will be same 4 that they were last season (LAP, TEX, PHI and NEW)

Code:
Either Chrish Valentine or Ivan Lacksamus will win the Ron Mexico Trophy

Code:
Ben Waters Jr. will win the Scott Stevens Trophy

Code:
Either Olof Karsikko or Sir Devoir will win the John McBride Trophy

Code:
Nobody cares about the SMJHL

Code:
Maine is going to win the Four Star Cup

Code:
Either Niclas Wastlund or Edouard Lavoie will win the Ideen Fallah Trophy
25 words minimum, prompt not included!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, April 14th at 11:59pm PST. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.
Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.
This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies. If your player is S77, go do the J task instead.
I do it has brought me to a very fun community where I could talk with people and enjoy myself

Buffalo will miss the playoffs for first time since S45 because they are the worst team in the league. I haven’t watched them play in ages cuz they are just so dreadful. They’ve been lucky to keep making the playoffs and the streak ends now. They won’t make the playoffs cuz I can’t name one player on their team.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

code:

against:
The Junior league is the opening into the whole sim world. It plays using the same system and lets everyone get used to everything before entering the big leagues and earn their TPE. plus everyone is welcoming and its been absolutely wonderful in the locker rooms. Its absolutely hype seeing new players enter every season. 

New England will absolutely NOT win the presidents trophy because that thing is fucking cursed and I refuse to allow this team to curse themselves like that. I will redistribute all of my TPE into aggression and fighting before I let that happen.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Code:

Against. The odds of Quebec City being eliminated and failing to win for a third consecutive season are very, very low. All respect to the Timber, but the Citadelles are perfectly poised to win on not only the basis of actual ability, but of spite, odds, and the massive chip they now have on their shoulders.

[Image: Fm35hEW.png]

New England Will not win the president's trophy as the beat team in the kwague this season. They likely won't be tbr best team in the east

Code:
Against.

maine is not going to win the four star cup because that honor will be headed to anchorage, it is finally our year and no one can say otherwise.

Code:
Buffalo will miss the playoffs for first time since S45

For. Hard to say whether or not it will be due to anything in particular beyond age, but we're talking about a team that had a goal differential split from +77 to +3 in the span of a single season--they're lucky they even had a positive differential. Sad to say, this streak ends this season.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Code:

Against: New England has been a powerhouse for a great number of seasons now but at this point they are too far regressed, they still have some high TPE players but not enough. This is coming from someone on a different highly regressed team "the future is now old man"

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Against

I have a hard time to believe that will be the case, I'm not even sure if they are the favorite to win their division. It's still a great team but that is getting older. I have LAP finishing with the most points

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Code:

DISAGREE! i would stay in the Js forever if it was up to me. Can HO let the SMJHL haters give up their Js eligibility and give it to me so I can stay down forever?

But being serious, the Js are an extremely important part of a first gens SHL experience. The Js are by far my favorite part of the league. It allows you to develop and have fun before you are sent off to the scary and grumpy and winning hungry SHL teams

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

Against. Beyond the fact that we are no where near the top tpe I do not want to win the president's trophy due to the curse. Keep your trophy and give me a cup please and thank you. That is all.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Ben Waters Jr. will win the Scott Stevens Trophy
Disagree: As good as Ben waters Jr. is it is very doubtful that he will outperform and will win the Scott Stevens Trophy. There are so many decent defensemen that are also peaking at this time that will likely win the award over him

Conference finals will be same 4 that they were last season (LAP, TEX, PHI and NEW)

I'm gonna say Against on this one. I think San Francisco is just on too hot of a streak this season and they'll be able to get through to the conference finals with their young players getting better and with their added talent to give them home ice through the playoffs.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2024, 04:31 PM by vbottas17.)

Against.

No offense to Neq England but I feel that another team will be the one to finish the season with the best regular season record this season. Probably the Los Angeles Panthers for biased reasons.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]