Create Account

S76 PT #1: One night in Tokyo Due: Sunday, April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

PT PASS. TY

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

The Renegades are off to Japan! It's a long trip but after getting to the hotel, the team decides they want to get out and explore the streets. Valentine is adamant about getting out in the night life of Tokyo so everyone freshens up and heads out. Valentine has some directions on where to go and the team follows. While passing a late night convenience store he pops in. Boots, Dionne, Zeigler, Diehm and McCarthy all wait outside while the rest of the team heads in. From seemingly out of nowhere, a white van stops suddenly and a squad of huge men come out and put bags over the groups heads and drag them inside the van!

After some time, and getting pushed around and freaking out, the bags are all removed from their heads and the group is suddenly in front of a large crowd, sat in chairs resting on large planks reaching outwards. Below them was a giant pool of... some sort of liquid? 

A host comes out and begins introducing Boots, Dionne, Zeigler, Diehm and McCarthy as contestants to the "Special Happy Quiz Show" with special guest host Chris Valentine! Valentine arrives on stage dressed in a fancy host suit, greets the audience in Japanese and explains the rules to his teammates. "I will be asking you questions! Answer correctly and you will win! And incorrectly and your wooden plank will get shorter until you fall into Special Happy Quiz Lava!". As Valentine completes explaining the rules the audience goes berserk as the pit of goo starts to bubble and pop.

Everyone makes it through the first round safe. First player to fall into the goo is Lasse Zeigler after not being able to answer who the Renegades Team Mascot is. He just joined the team and couldn't remember. He disappears into the liquid and the audience goes crazy and Valentine laughs hysterically. Next player down is Marton Diehm as he's unable to name all team names of the SSL, a popular soccer league that he has no interest in. It's a tight once between McCarthy, Boots and Dionne but Boots is the next one down after not being able to answer that the brand "Kiwi" was known for it's boot polish. It's down between Dionne and McCarthy in a fast and furious speed round. The next question to Dionne is in what year did the Quebec Nordiques have their first season? Dionne quickly answers 1973! After a short pause, Dionne drops down to the bubbling goo. "So close! 1972 was the correct answer! McCarthy is the winner!" Confetti falls from above and McCarthy is released from his chair and is able to join Valentine on the platform safe from the bubbling goo. 

"How do you feel!?" says Valentine with a microphone pointed to McCarthy.

McCarthy responds, ".... what. the FU-" his mic is cut and loud music erupts and the crowd cheers and laughs.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Jennifer is thrilled to be able to play in Japan in order to start the season. Not only are two of her bandmates from Le Sserafim Japanese, but her agent Slavakov also played for the Japanese national team when he was in the SHL. She’s played concerts before in Tokyo and can’t wait to go back and show her fans her other passion in hockey. Jennifer also knows that Japan has potential to be a massive hockey market. There’s still one or two Japanese players that join the SHL every season, and Japanese hockey fans still reminisce about the back to back gold medals in Seasons 59 and 60. If anything, there’s more markets that the SHL should go visit. With so many SHL players being born outside of the USA and Canada, doing international games in places like Finland, Norway, or Jennifer’s new IIHF home Czechia is a prime opportunity for the SHL to really cement themselves as a global hockey brand.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

I think with 3WW Wingmate Roc, we'd see some bird based pun games where people make bird brain type jokes all the time, and have giant wings that they beat around to caw and stuff. I foresee a lot of skating challenges where we have Citadelles run around in skates with those plastic skate guards and need to do a scavenger hunt so that they can talk to locals and scavenge together a set of equipment (ie. shin guards and maybe you need to make a 3 piece hockey stick) and then sprint back to the local arena they're doing the shoot in and do a series of drills and then score on a local hockey team's goalie. I expect loads of fast cuts as people desperately look for a "red handled saucepan" or something while comedians throw those big inflatable beach balls at them to distract them. The winner of course would be Sonja and she'd get a set of wagyu steaks as her reward.

Simmer PT Pass

Code:
Written Option 2: Your team is taking part of this seasons SHL Global Series and they start their season with 2 games in Japan because HO has heard there is untapped market potential there. How does your player feel about the trip? Is it pointless travel to play in front of neutral crowd and missing on actual home opener? Or are they just exited to see the world and thrilled about the opportunity to win over the local fans? Does all this make the game feel more like showmatch than actual regular season game?

Dear Journal,

I’m truly excited about the fact that we’re going to be taking part in the SHL Global Series in Japan this season. I think my debut would have been memorable enough, but to do it in front of new Japanese fans and have this experience of traveling to a place I might never have been able to go to on my own is going to be a special experience. When we come back stateside, then ill be able to commence my career with a home debut and then travel the country seeing the arenas I haven’t seen before, enjoying all the league has to offer but until then, I’m excited to go to the land of the Rising Sun. It’ll be kind of a soft-start to the season but should also be a carnival-like atmosphere at the same time. To tell the truth I don’t really feel any pressure, but I hope I have some time off to explore a bit. Tokyo, Mt. Fuji, ya know – see the sites. Try the food. Ride a bullet train. I’ve always been interested in Samurai as well. We found out about this trip late, so I’m still trying to figure out what is worth seeing and what will be possible in our schedule but its going to be great. If you have any recommendations let me know on Chirper!

-Marek

Edit: I was able to find the net in my first game here in Japan. I’ll never forget it – it was truly special.

\

I'm pretty excited about starting the SEASON in Japan. It's almost like we get two openers. One in front of the Winnipeg faithful. And another in Japan, what I like to call Big Winnipeg. You see, anywhere can be Winnipeg because Winnipeg is an idea. You can't confine an idea man! I want to share the glory of Winnipeg with the whole world. And Japan is a great place to start! They are a passionate people. They are a dedicated people. They are warm and welcoming and ready to find a new cool team to root for. I also think they like bears and Winnipeg has always been known as the Tokyo of the great white north. I bet we make a lot of new lifelong fans by doing this. And I love to be liked. I don't want them becoming, I don't know, Los Angeles panther fans. That just seems wrong. Root for the bear. Japan is our second home.

(166)

Written Option 1: Your team is taking part of this seasons SHL Global Series and they start their season with 2 games in Japan because HO has heard there is untapped market potential there. As your team arrives at the arena your player discovers that they have become quite popular among local fans after their Chirper actions. On their offday between the games they get invited to some Japanese game show. What kind of game show it is and how does your player perform? Will this make them big in Japan?

As the Calgary Dragons arrive at the arena in Japan for their first game of the SHL Global Series, Tom Pedersen is taken aback by the warm reception from local fans. Thanks to his lighthearted and engaging presence on Chirper, Tom has inadvertently become a fan favourite among Japanese hockey enthusiasts.
During their off day between games, Tom and a few teammates receive a surprise invitation to appear on a popular Japanese game show called "Slurpy Ninja Warrior Challenge." or スラーピー忍者戦士チャレンジ in their language. Known for its thrilling obstacle courses and physical challenges, the show pits contestants against a series of daunting obstacles in a quest for victory. All while dressed in condom suits and the entire obstacle course is drenched in slippery slime.
Despite being more accustomed to navigating the ice rink than obstacle courses, Tom embraces the opportunity with enthusiasm. With his competitive spirit and determination, he tackles each obstacle with gusto, cheered on by an enthusiastic audience.
Although he faces tough competition from the other contestants, Tom's grit and determination shine through as he navigates the course with agility and skill. And some sliding luck. With many stumbles along the way, Tom's indomitable spirit and infectious charm win over the hearts of viewers across Japan.
As the episode airs on television screens across the country, Tom Pedersen's performance on "Slurpy Ninja Warrior Challenge" catapults him to newfound fame in Japan. With his endearing personality and impressive athleticism, Tom becomes a household name, further solidifying the Calgary Dragons' popularity in the untapped market.

Words: 255

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Option 1:

Kondos is a big fan of gameshows, and loves watching gameshows on a lazy day during the weekends. One game show Kondos use to watch was MXC. MXC was an asian spin on the classic tv show wipeout. Making people run through crazy obstacle courses while trying to not fall into water, or get crushed by a giant ball. I think I would a challenge game show like this and that it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Another game show that I am a big fan of is the Price is Right. If Japan had their own version of Price is right I think this would also be a great one to attend as the crowd would be really into it, and you would get to enjoy the environment of the game show with out having to play. Ultimately as long as I do not have to do any trivia game shows I think I would have a great time participating!

160 words

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

[Image: moN2VoC.png]

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Billy Herrington, known for his affinity for Japan and its culture, is thrilled about the team's upcoming trip to Japan for the SHL Global Series. For him, it's more than just a hockey game – it's a chance to return to a place close to his heart and share the sport he loves with fans in a different part of the world. While some might see playing in front of a neutral crowd as missing out on the excitement of a home opener, Billy sees it as an opportunity to connect with new fans and grow the sport globally. The prospect of exploring Japan with his teammates adds an extra layer of excitement for Billy. He's eager to experience the sights, sounds, and flavors of Japan while bonding with his teammates off the ice. While the game may have the feel of a showmatch due to the unique setting, Billy sees it as a valuable opportunity to showcase the SHL to a new audience and foster international camaraderie through the universal language of hockey.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Written Option 2:

Having the SHL Global Series in Japan has Ryosuke Sato more than ecstatic as he is able to return to his home country of Japan and play in front of fans, friends, and family. While Sato is not the superstar he used to be in the SHL, the local fans still respect his homecoming as he has come very far in his career since he started in Japan and have won some of the biggest awards such as best defenseman in the time since he last played in Japan. This is not even mentioning the Challenge Cup he was able to lift with the Winnipeg Aurora. And so, the spectacles were on as once Ryosuke Sato stepped on the ice you could hear the thousands of fans cheering and screaming his name as if he is some rock star. Raising his stick in the air, Ryosuke Sato salutes all of his fans as this is likely his last go at it and he filled with tears of joy that he is able to play in Japan one last time.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Written Option 1: Your team is taking part of this seasons SHL Global Series and they start their season with 2 games in Japan because HO has heard there is untapped market potential there. As your team arrives at the arena your player discovers that they have become quite popular among local fans after their Chirper actions. On their offday between the games they get invited to some Japanese game show. What kind of game show it is and how does your player perform? Will this make them big in Japan?

Sweet jacked for a road trip! Err, maybe more like an extended trip. Japan is going to be a great place and I have already got hundreds of chirper followers since I google translated a bunch of stuff. I also got a special invitation to come join the Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy game show. Showing up at the studio I was asked to put on a large avocado outfit. I didn't realize there was no waiting and that the show had already started. Task #1 is put on the hollow avocado suit, fill it with guacamole and run a 100M sprint onto a trampoline and bust the suit on a mattress shaped like a slice of toast. I struggled on the guacamole fill up but made up some time on the sprint. However I overshot the jump and landed on a camera man. They asked me to leave before the second event. Kind of lame but they did send me a video so I could audition for other game shows. Let's go!

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights