Create Account

S76 PT #1: One night in Tokyo Due: Sunday, April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

ISFL affiliate

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

I mean the facts are you are either participating in MXC aka Takeshi's Castle or you're getting back on the damned airplane. I have waited my entire adult life to take part in a wild, wacky and most importantly completely insane Japanese game show. You could make the argument that 'Ninja Warrior' is more the speed of an athlete, especially one who plays in the SHL. However, I think that there's a time and a place for shows like that and every once in awhile it's great to just goof off and do something different. With that in mind, I am participating in any MXC like game I can find in Japan. Will it make me big on the island? Who knows for sure. But I think I'd get some respect and have a bunch of laughs with my teammates should they decide to join me or with my fellow competitors.

Global series, what a great idea! Besides the long plane ride, the trip is a great idea for all those involved. You call it a neutral crowd? Playing in another country, the crowd is insane. They are so ecstatic to have a professional hockey game that they cheer super hard for both teams, for everything that happens. The chanting, the yelling, the hating the refs, it is amazing to see and hear. Missing a home opener? We still get a home opener. So not only do we get two high octane 'neutral' games, we get to come back and have another home opener for our own fans. It can make for a pretty hectic start, as it is almost like starting the season with two playoff games, then a big flight, then having your own home opener bringing up the tempo again. I am all for it, as I love the increased intensity. Plus maybe I can get to see some of my own jerseys in another country which would be really cool.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

Ubba Lodbrok and the rest of the Philly Forge, of the Simulation hockey LEague, are embarking on a world travel excursion. Their final destination? Tokyo, Japan. Somewhere where people often get lost in translation. Where the average SHL player will stand 8" taller and weigh 100# more than the average Tokyo resident. While it is a huge international city, it's still heavily rooted in it's Japanese roots, one of those being the wacky and bizarre shows you often see clips of. Some make it huge in the US of A, like Iron Chef or MXC. However, the one that Ubba Lodbrok is asked to take part in is their version of Fear Factor, but in a weirder way, some might describe a torturous. So Ubba Lodbrok, who won't say no, decides to take it on like a champ. Survive these three challenges and you'll win their grand prize. First up, you must eat and train like a Sumo wrestler. The catch, you must eat and then immediately fight, and if you lose you eat the same meal again and fight again. The second challenge, how many paper cuts can you get on your hand in 30 seconds, however many you get you take that number, times it by 5, and that's how long you must hold your hands in lemon juice. The final challenge, navigate Tokyo fully blindfolded, and on a heavy dose of Ketamine.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

When Zeigler hears about this trip, he is immediately down about it. Zeigler just was traded to his new team, the Texas Renegades, and he wanted his Home Opener to be special, something to remember, not on a trip in Japan where nobody knows/cares who he is, while he could be a big name in Texas. But after sitting down with nothing but time on his hands, he starts to think about it, and this is a once in a lifetime event. Travelling to a place that is on the opposite side of the map that has a completely different culture, that's something that happens only once in your life. Yes, there is the IIHF tournaments, but your playing for your country in other countries with toxic fans. But while playing a season game in one of the prettiest places in the world, it is super exiting and special as the time passes. Lets hope that we can pull out of it with some wins too!

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

Written Option 2: For Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava the prospect of participating in the Global Series in Japan for the SHl brought a whole mixed bag of emotions. On one hand, there is a big sense of excitement and adventure at the opportunity to travel to a new and culturally rich location, especially since Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava has never been to Japan before. The chance to experience a different part of the world, be compeltely immersed in a new culture, and have the opportunity to explore the sights and sounds of Japan seemed incredibly enticing to Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava. He saw it as an opportunity for personal growth and exploration beyond the confines of the hockey rink in Yukon where Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava was training for most of the offseason and throughout the SMJHL training camp and pre season. However, Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava knew playing two games in Japan at the start of the season meant missing out on the traditional home opener experience which is a special occasion, marked by the excitement of playing in front of hometown fans, friends, and family.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

[Image: DSCF7612.png]
Pique Boo, Cob OCorn, and Demir Bellona going to Super Nintendo World in Japan

Option 2

Mikko loves the idea of a global tour, getting the chance to showcase his hockey skills in front of fans all over the world. Mikko is used to playing internationally for his soccer club in Reykjavik during his SHL off-seasons, but the chance to also play some hockey is something he never wants to pass up.  Interestingly, Mikko used to reside for a short time in Tokyo during two brief stints with the Tokyo Sports Club.  With it in many aspects feeling like a homecoming of sorts for the aging star.  

There is a good chance that Mikko will try and get some solid shut-eye before the big series, as the time change usually wreaks havoc on any individual trying to adjust to the sun being on the wrong side of the earth that their body is used to.  But all is well, Mikko will adapt and make the most of it just like he always does

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Caspian Leevi is more than happy to play in the Global Series and try to win over new fans in Japan. Not only does he enjoy travel and learning about new cultures, but he is always happy to share his love of hockey. Sports are an essential part of Japanese culture and Japan is known for having passionate fans. Hearing about how Japanese fans chant and cheer non-stop throughout baseball games makes Caspian more excited to play in front of them. High energy fans are the best kind to play in front of, so he hopes that they enjoy the game and begin to support the SHL and bring some new energy to the games. At first he was sad to miss a home opener, but the first game at home will always be a home opener whether it is the first game or a week later. He doesn’t think he’s missing out on anything by playing in another country, only positives to gain.

Option 1: Game Show

The Japanese game show would probably be some over the top version of American Ninja Warriors' athletic obstacle course with lots of difficult and strange obstacles that move and try to knock you into water. It would have an octopus theme and have people in costumes trying to knock you off the stage.

Tank Sharksy, being a shark, would probably rather be in the water as he can swim faster than he can do the physically demanding obstacles, but his burning desire to win in everything he does will lead him to be victorious, despite his natural habitat. The game show would become a hit because Japan loves sharks, and Tank would instantly become a superstar. This instant fam may sway lesser men as they are mere humans, but Tank Sharksy has a mission to become the greatest ice hockey playing Shark and will never waiver from this goal.

This would grow the game immensely in Japan, leading to them all buying Tank Sharksy jerseys and becoming Edmonton Blizzard fans.

[Image: SHOWNOMERCY-KETIL-VIGN.png]

O1

After being invited to Japan with the rest of the buffalo team, they are tasked with the most extreme elimination challenge that Japan has to offer. WIth a personal letter from Kenny Blankenship, Nash knows how to prepare for the second most extreme elimination challenge (the challenge cup) but its time to take his talents, skill, and agility to the true extreme. Although typically done with more players, the buffalo team was able to take a shot at a total of 5 different challenges throughout the day. Nash particularly enjoyed running up the hill while boulders tumbled down the hill. Nash was number one when it came here mostly due to his smaller size and the fact that he could move a lot faster than some of the other guys. The second favorite was running over the stones in the shallow pond area. Nash was able to move quickly and his four legs made his running and balance stronger than the rest of his teammates.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

the atlanta inferno were lucky - or as we will soon come to see unlucky, for one specific infernoman - to be selected for participation in the SHL Global Series in japan. the team was super excited to be heading over to Tokyo to kick off the season, and this was made even more exciting by the fact that they would be playing against their new rival Minnesota Monarchs. these two teams do not have a long history at all, but the two teams completed two trades together this offseason, including sending premier forward binko koivu @goldenglutes to the monarchs. this would be the first time that binko koivu would ever play against atlanta, what an exciting occasion!

anyway, everyone was excited for the game so people didn't stop to think about a key consideration. a very popular food in japan is sushi and a very popular sushi inclusion is eel. but uh oh, there is a player on the atlanta inferno named philippe eko eel and he is an eel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at risk of becoming food, philippe eko eel made sure to stay hidden and out of sight throughout the entire trip, and he crawled into the sleeves of his kind teammates such as kristian seppanen and jae-ik barron and sim wen and jiggle o puff @MrPresident @charlieconway @Jepox @zeagle1 philippe eko eel played in the hockey games against minnesota but the entire rest of the trip he hid in sleeves to avoid becoming sushi food

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Option 2:

Vaseline Podcalzone is most definitely excited for this opportunity to play on an out of market, international game. Certainly, any opportunity to grow the outreach of the Simulation Hockey League is absolutely worthwhile. To have the Argonauts chosen to play in this series is quite special, and Podz is most definitely happy to find out that many Japanese fans have suddenly endeared themselves to him! Not sure why, to be honest, but it certainly is a welcome surprise.

Podz, of course, would be aiming to satisfy these fans with a great performance. Unfortunately, his start to the season hasn't been the greatest, and even the local media in Japan has picked up on it (we assume then that this Tokyo series is occurring mid-season). Podz is well aware of the discussion on his cold start, but he is hopeful that a strong showing in Tokyo will serve as the spark that he needs to get out of this brutal cold streak as he works towards reaching the 1000 point mark.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Option 2:

Being selected to play in an international series, to promote the league around the world, is an honour for Inge and the Elk. Everyone knows the SHL, as it’s the greatest hockey league in the world and has zero competition, that I am sure of! The J though, people may not be so familiar with. Or so familiar with the exciting hockey and talented young players playing at that level. 

Obviously, it’s not just the games, hopefully a pair of dubs, that will be done to promote the team and the league. Fan attended practices, interviews with various Japanese sports outlets, and personal appearances by the players could also help to raise the awareness of the people of Japan to both teams represented in these games, but obviously neutral fans can’t resist the purple and gold of the Regina Elk, the most marketable SMJHL team in Saskatchewan (yes, I know they’re the only one)

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

PT Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile