Create Account

S76 PT #1: One night in Tokyo Due: Sunday, April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Written Task, Option 2

the chance to travel and represent not only the team and country, but to act as an ambassador for the sport of hockey is an enormous honor and an exciting opportunity. Rodrigo Banes would be hugely excited to get the chance to see the world and play hockey in front of new fans. If anything, he would feel compelled to play his hardest, and try to put on a good show for the new crowd. There would be some nerves, I think. and while players may not play their most technical, defensive game, this sort of exhibition would likely see players flexing their physicality and creativity with the puck. Opportunity for some exciting hockey!

Added bonus in this case is that Tokyo is a ridiculously fun city to spend time in. And with the love of sport and spectacle entertainment, Japan enjoys hockey. Bringing the highest-tier of simulated hockey to simulated Japan would be a huge win for the sport and for the league. Who knows where the nest superstar will be from?

[Image: banes.png]

Written Option 2: Your team is taking part of this seasons SHL Global Series and they start their season with 2 games in Japan because HO has heard there is untapped market potential there. How does your player feel about the trip? Is it pointless travel to play in front of neutral crowd and missing on actual home opener? Or are they just exited to see the world and thrilled about the opportunity to win over the local fans? Does all this make the game feel more like showmatch than actual regular season game?

Bobby Tkachuky gets the chance to promote hockey in Japan by starting the season with games in Japan and people wonder how he feels about it? Well obviously Bobby Tkachuky is thrilled at the chance to play overseas in Japan. Japan is a beautiful amazing country that Bobby would love the opportunity to travel too. The fact he would get to play regular seasons games and promote the game would just make him even more happy. Bobby wouldn't feel like he's missing an actual home opener as I imagine one would just happen after when they play there first game at home. Bobby Tkachuky would love the opportunity to make new fans in Japan. He would defiantly try to do something flashy and put on a show in the two games. Bobby would think that this would have a bit of a showmatch feel due to the events around the games but that wouldn't stop Bobby from giving his all in the games.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

Thomas Hudson is very excited for the trip to Japan. The chance to showcase the game to a different culture is very exciting.  A lot of sports are very regional, and aside from football/futbol there isn't a lot of "global games".  Hockey being an Olympic sport does mean there are teams from all over the world, but they may not have a lot of pro teams or even college/school clubs that play, so it can be hard for those other nations to be competitive or even field a team. Plus, getting to experience another country and culture at a young age is very exciting. Despite hockey being very North America - centric, the players come from all over the world and speak dozens of languages.  One international trip won't make anyone an expert on other cultures, but opening yourself up to learn about other places in the world builds empathy and understanding that everywhere is not like America.

[Image: hudson.png]

No one on San Diego was more excited to be traveling internationally than Journey Man. Japan is one of the few nations Man hasn't played hockey, or even visited, so the chance to further expand his horizons was a welcome one. Japan isn't a hockey hotspot by any stretch of the imagination, but the game is growing there, and Man is thankful for the opportunity to be a part of the continued push to grow the game in all corners of the planet. The language barrier will be hard for any of the players to overcome, Journey included, but he at least has experience not speaking the native language of the country he's in. Body language, general respectfulness, and Google translate go a long way, no matter where you are. Journey is excited to meet the local fans and to learn about their lives, the country, and the views on hockey in Japan. Who knows, maybe someday an SHL franchise will find itself based in Japan.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Real games should never be played in overseas markets. Every single league game in any sport should be played in front of a least one teams' home fans. This idea that is pushed entirely because of greed within league management and owners. It is not good for local fans which are the reason that these teams even exist in the first place. If you really must expand into foreign markets then you can play meaningless pre season games in other countries. If people want to see the real thing then they can travel to the home city and make a. Weekend or even week out of it. As well as this if the games are far enough away then they are detrimental to the conditioning of the players which can lead to poor performance and maybe even a bad start to the season. So no, Red Kirkby absolutely does not like games being played in foreign or emerging markets.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Prompt 2:

Wizard is traveling to Japan for the home opener and let me tell you he is not exactly estatic, yeah we may be able to see a part of our fan base that we never see but so many fans that Wizard knows normally wait for the opener all season won't be able to attend since its overseas. Wizard has always been against traveling for a home opener and voiced his complains to his GMs. The star center was told that he would just have to deal with it as the team wants to make some extra revenue and continue to spread their brand. Wizard disgruntled lets it go for the time being but tells his GM if he has to play across seas for a home opener again and so many of the fans miss out on what could be the start to a historic season next year he will not be happy.

[Image: IsJIh5s.png?format=webp&width=872&height=1066]

I have always loved the game show that they have in Asia where the people try and fit in those cut outs. And if they do not fit in it, they get knocked in water or something. I think it would be a good game show for the team to be featured on because it would enable the people of another country to be able to see a different side of the players. Nowadays, all the athletes are robotic and trained to answer the same way to any question, and it gets boring. We, as fans, wan to be able to learn more about a person or a player, learn something that would make us drawn to them and have some sort of connection. If, for example, my favourite player growing up would be on a game show and I find that we both share the same favourite food or type of cuisine, it would be a way for me to say "Wow, I am just like XYZ player." The same way a kid would be able to say "I want to grow up and be like Connor McDavid" well it would be nice to know what underlying things make Connor McDavid who he is as a human.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Bayle is super excited to play in Tokyo. This was her biggest, biggest dream since she was a kid, to go to Japan and to play in a Japanese stadium. When she was asked specifically about this chance to play in another country, she said, "I am making that statement in Japan. Women belong in this sport." This is such a unique opportunity to make people in another country fall in love with hockey, something that she fell in love with. So, I think this is something you make the most of. She plans on going around the community as much as she can, going to local sports games, going around and just seeing what the culture is, what the people are about. This is so important to learning about how to be a better person and learning about all kinds of people. I think it's important to embrace it and grow the game. It's something that is a great opportunity and worth it.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Written Option 2:

I don't believe there is such a thing as pointless travel when it comes to playing in the Simulation Hockey League, especially for my team. It is a privilege to have the opportunities that are presented to us on behalf of our participation in this league. Every game we play we want to come away with a win, so it does not matter much that it is on neutral ice. I hope that we can win over some of these awesome Japanese fans to our side. We'll have to bring our A-game and make sure that we don't take too many risks trying to show off for the crowd. We need to keep our focus on this being a key game and one that we need to come away from with 2 points. After the game is over maybe we can delay our flight arrangements a bit and get a chance to relax in such a great city.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Option 1:

I'm not sure what kind of game show they would have me on but, knowing the little about Japanese game shows that I do, I know it will be something wild and crazy. I've heard a rumor that they want to put me on a show and have me race speed skaters while they wear mascots of other SHL teams. That is just the first round of the game show and each level gets harder and weirder but I end up doing pretty well in each event. Later I come to find out that the show is a massive hit. Suddenly I become one of the most popular non Japanese players in the country and my jerseys start becoming a best seller. I also have a lot of new fans chirping at me which is fun. All in all is was great and very productive trip to Japan and I can't wait to go back.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

P1:
The Japanese game show my player gets invited to is called "Kanpai Challenge," a popular show where contestants compete in various physical and mental challenges while incorporating elements of Japanese culture, such as trivia about Japanese history, pop culture, and language.

In one segment, contestants must demonstrate their knowledge of traditional Japanese cuisine by identifying different types of sushi blindfolded. Despite the language barrier, my player impresses the audience and hosts with their quick wit and adaptability, successfully identifying most of the sushi with ease. In another segment, contestants engage in quirky physical challenges inspired by Japanese game shows of the past, like navigating through a human-sized maze or racing through an obstacle course filled with inflatable obstacles.

Overall, my player's charisma, charm, and impressive performance in "Kanpai Challenge" captured the hearts of Japanese viewers. Their positive attitude and willingness to embrace Japanese culture endear them to fans, making them a sensation overnight. As word spreads about their entertaining appearance on the show, my player's popularity skyrockets in Japan, cementing my status as a beloved figure in the country's sports and entertainment scene.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

[Image: Maine-Boys-Tokyo.jpg]
Peter Tingle, Darnell Mohamed Johnson II, and Bernard Lodge out on the town.

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

Option 2

I never really have understood the need for sports leagues to play overseas or neutral site games. To me it robs a teams home fans of a game where they can support their team. These are the people who will show up game in and game out to become the lifeblood of a team. Those one off games I don't feel bring that same kind of fan base to the team or even the sport. I mean baseball still after all these years has only one Canadian team. The NFL has been playing around in Europe for years but there's no teams outside the United States. So to me it just seems absolutely pointless and it certainly hasn't been successful in growing other sports around the world. I see no reason for the Sho to try and do the same. Do a better job of promoting the Kind if you're looking for international fans, that's what it's for. But don't be robbing loyal fans of games to try and squeeze a few mores bucks into ownership pockeys.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Prompt 2

When Ellie Williams told the team that they would be playing games in Japan, Jaden was initially skeptical. There's no way there's enough of a following there for them to be well received. Or received at all. He fully expected to show up, play to an empty house, then pack up and head back stateside.

Still, he was excited for a chance to see Japan. Surely, there would be time for him to explore a little. It's cliche, but as someone who thoroughly enjoys anime, Jaden was looking forward to being able to pick up some merch from his favorite shows. The language barrier would suck, but he'd heard that Japanese people were generally polite and nice. He had no idea if that was actually true, though.

But as the day grew closer, it seemed like there was a fan base there after all. Chirper was blowing up, and it seemed like they might actually be playing for a full arena. While he knew he wouldn't be the focus of the fans' support, Jaden still thought it was awesome that the Dragons had fans as far away as Japan, and he was excited to give them a good showing.

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Aksel is obviously a huge fan of the IIHF series in the off seasons, so he knows Japan has a great market for hockey and tons of fans that show up to the international games. More than that, he’s excited to do some sight-seeing. He doesn’t get the chance to take time off during the season, and there’s some hours and a day here and there during the Japan trip where he can get out and about. He’s already mapped out some trips to Ikebukuro to visit a pokemon store - he loves those little guys and wants a plush for his apartment back home - and plans to eat as much ramen as humanly possible. It’s full of carbs and protein and he will fight this fight with the nutritionists. Morley and Nickleback want to tag along for some of the destinations, so he’ll be playing mother hen a bit too to make sure they all stick together.

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog