Create Account

S76 PT #1: One night in Tokyo Due: Sunday, April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Edzus Ozolins gets invited to the japanese version of Jeopardy. Edzus likes to think of himself as a very cultured person, however it’s kind of hard to show that culture when everything is in japanese only. Edzus isn’t that smart, he cannot just understand everything in japanese as if it was in English or Latvian, y’know? That’s why he just tries to be the clown of the hour and be as funny as possible, while trying not to care about his rather alarming score who goes deep into the negative. He’s not here to win any money, he keeps telling himself, he’s only there for the fun of it, even if he himself isn’t having a ton of fun showcasing a -300 score. The worst part? That was only part one of the 3 phases of the game show. Because yes, there’s even more embarrassment coming on for Ozolins! But that’ll just make the show better and funnier if it’s obvious that he’s lost and quite confused about the language… right?
171 words

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

Option 2:

I think that having global series games are very important to growing in the game of hockey. This is a good opportunity to get people involved that might never get a chance to see professional hockey games. Matiss loves to travel, and if he could travel and play hockey, that is even better. I don’t think it is pointless to play in front of neutral crowds. I think having a neutral crowd is a fun thing to have at games where it gives all the fans there a chance to support the teams that they root for by wearing their favorite teams, jerseys and gear. As far as the home opener goes, you will still always have a first game in your home building, which no matter when that is it is going to be fun for the hometown Fanbase. Even though these games still count as regular season games, it does feel like a chance to become a showcase where specific players get highlighted during the game more than they would it during a regular season game.

Prompt 2

A whole new group of people to show off too and new fans to secure for both the league and the team. Akerson is thrilled at the idea of heading to Japan for an exhibition game, even if it's at the cost of the home town fans missing out on the opener. Getting to show a whole new crowd what a Cup winning roster looks with the Panthers. Not to mention showing them how exciting hockey can be and of course, he's going to do his best to get into a fight. It's not as pretty as the martial arts they practice there but Akerson figures the crowd will appreciate the brutal yet beautiful style of fighting that is a hockey fight. There might even be a benefit to the local cuisine. Would eating a boatload of sushi help or hinder? He'd be finding out when he spends a good portion of his salary on fresh fish.

157 words.

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Option 1:

The gameshow in Japan that my player and the rest of the SHL will be competing in is WIPEOUT. The classic gameshow is a true test of physical and mental endurance and cunning. It's also hilarious. I don't think many of the players would do super well, mainly because the game is designed to be nearly impossible. Luke would be a better than average performer though, getting past the first few obstacles before ending up in the water in some funny highlight where he slams face first into the water. I don't think a huge draw in popularity would happen with Luke in particular, but seeing professional athletes compete on wipeout would definitely draw some attention to the SHL. I have no doubt the SHL would gain some following in Japan and spark some interest. Considering there is a team Japan in IIHF though do we really need to spark some interest? Additionally, Luke doesn't really like swimming or water in general, which is kind of ironic considering hockey is played on frozen water.

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

Written Option 1:

The colorado raptors of the simulation major junior hockey league are a team always looking to bring on new fans aboard the train. VIsiting japan after being crowned champions would mean that the reception in this country would be huge. The appeal to attend a hockey game, probably with one of colorado storngest rivals, would be a spectacular show and would probably make new fans discover hockey and be excited about it. I think my player would perform well as putting on a show is something he likes, and converting new fans to the game is also something that excites him and would make him play better. Im sure his teamates would feel the same way about performing and would take it very seriously but also would enjoy the moment and be relaxed. I thin kthe team would also like visiting japan as their culture is very interesting and definitly unique, but most of all we would enjoy their food scene as we are all foodies in this atlanta locker room.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Option 2:

The SHL has announced that they will be heading over seas and the Los Angeles Panthers have been selected as one of the teams that will be heading over to Japan to kick off the season. Alexi Piastri is very excited about this opportunity to showcase the world's best hockey in from of Japan. Piastri plays for Japan in international play, he may have been born in Australia, but his mother is of full Japanese decent. While some players may have a tough time getting into the games, that shouldn't be any issue for Alexi. Piastri has a lot of friends and family in attendance for the event, so it's very important for him to play well and make sure thatbhe can send those close to him away from the game happy. As proven by the amount of talent on the IIHF squad, there's a lot of talent coming out of Japan these days. This showcase event should only help the future of hockey in Japan.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Thomas Liebold is super excited to participate in the global series in japan. he is a fan of traveling and loves the idea of not having to pay for the trip out of his own pocket which makes this the perfect scenario. he enjoys eating different types of food and has heard that japan is home to some of the best food in the world. he often goes to Japanese restaurants that are near where he lives but has never had the chance to travel to japan and eat authentic Japanese food straight from the source. thomas liebold is also excited to help grow the game in a place where it is less popular than the united states. he thinks that this could be a great opportunity to get Japanese players to come play in the SHL and feels that is our team can put on a good show and set a good example for the league many of the players will want to come play in baltimore which will be good for the team

Listen, missing out on the home opener is a tough pill to swallow. These are the most important supporters that you will have as a team, and without them you have nothing. So to hop on a plane for something crazy like 20 hours and play a game in Japan is a difficult thing to accept. Sure, it makes sense that its important to grow the game, and a trip to Japan would always be exciting for anyone, but to do it during the regular season is going a bit too far. This isn't even one of those special events that happens at an outdoor stadium or something. Those, at least, happen in the continental United States (usually) and so folks have a chance to travel and take part. Once more, when is this game happening, because the time zones for Japan and the Eastern United States couldn't be more different. I really would wish the league would take a deeper thought on this.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

Listen, missing out on the home opener is a tough pill to swallow. These are the most important supporters that you will have as a team, and without them you have nothing. So to hop on a plane for something crazy like 20 hours and play a game in Japan is a difficult thing to accept. Sure, it makes sense that its important to grow the game, and a trip to Japan would always be exciting for anyone, but to do it during the regular season is going a bit too far. This isn't even one of those special events that happens at an outdoor stadium or something. Those, at least, happen in the continental United States (usually) and so folks have a chance to travel and take part. Once more, when is this game happening, because the time zones for Japan and the Eastern United States couldn't be more different. I really would wish the league would take a deeper thought on this.

Written Option 2: Your team is taking part of this seasons SHL Global Series and they start their season with 2 games in Japan because HO has heard there is untapped market potential there. How does your player feel about the trip? Is it pointless travel to play in front of neutral crowd and missing on actual home opener? Or are they just exited to see the world and thrilled about the opportunity to win over the local fans? Does all this make the game feel more like showmatch than actual regular season game?

Being part of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League has taught Frøya one very important thing when it comes to growing the sport of hockey to nations of all kinds. You have to target the youth. Seeing her first few games so young as a child, even if they were simply recreational games at the local rink with young kids trying to practice or play. While SMJHL players are stars and these stars may seem far, the fact that the players in the SMJHL that do so well are young 17 to 21 year olds makes it seem like the goal isn't actually far away. While it's definitely a major hurdle to get drafted in the J, let alone play for more than a season and even get called up to the big show, it's nice for kids to have that dream to latch onto. To see the amount of work and dedication that needs to be put in to make their dream happen. Frøya is more than thrilled to be given that opportunity to be given the chance to grow the game to a market where hockey isn't really common. She loves with this game with all of her heart and that's why just like any other game of the regular season, she gives her best to make ensure a victory for her team and her own satisfaction with her game.

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

Patya very excite for kick off season by being in SHL Global Series and play 2 games in Japan! Patya never been to Japan but has always wanted for visit since am child. Now that Patya here, am not surprised that am such famous from Chirping. Everyone know sometimes Patya am have what is called "banger" chirp. Patya not knowing what this mean because Patya not having much time for work on learning English any more, but am told is good. Is true, Patya get invited to game show. Is very silly show where do very silly things but is much fun. Patya go on this show and perform pretty well but am not winner. This okay because as long as have fun with this, is not important for win. Patya not sure if it make him huge in Japan, but is hopeful for this. Maybe if Patya much popular here, am get invited back much often and am make such many great memories.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

Option 2:

I have never been to Tokyo or Japan even, so I would love to go there and play a few games. Japanese culture is something else and I would really love to witness that some day. I would also really love to see Mount Fuji. Though the one thing that worries me a little is that I am not into sushi. Luckily I really love me a good tepanyaki. I think it is good for the game that we branch out to other markets and promote the league overseas. It is more income for the league and that ultimately leads to better salaries and benefits for us as players. It might even interest young Japanese kids to pick up skates and play the game of hockey and become future SHL super stars, who knows? I think it is a great idea and hope we do this more often in the SHL and have exhibition games or even league games overseas.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

i think aleksandr iskandrov would love to play a couple simulation hockey league games in japan, because i think aleksandr iskandrov would enjoy to see the various parts of the world. however i think japan is not a small and growing hockey nation. japan is one of the best iihf teams around, and has some of the best players in the league. recently they just finished tied for first in the round robin stage. overall, japan has lots of cool things for sightseeing, so it would make for a good trip. japans many glowing night life cities are juxtaposed greatly by japans nature reserve islands, beaches, and mountains. specifically mount fuji, which can be seen from tokyo over 100km away. this is very similar to where aleksandr iskandrov played in the j, vancouver, where you can see numerous mountains from within city limits. all in all, aleksandr iskandrov would love to play shl games in japan

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Written Option 1:

In Japan, they have this game show called "Do That Hockey" where they recruit random people to do hockey challenges. It's generally funny because they fail miserably, but it also drums up interest in the sport for kids. As an intermission special, they bring out some hockey kids and have them show off their Chirp-Chorp hockey skills.

Slip McScruff was drafted into an episode of "Do That Hockey" because they thought he had the looks of a guy that is really bad at hockey. They were really surprised when he laced them up and proved that actually he is much worse than they thought.

The first challenge was literally an empty net shot from the slot and he managed to trip and block his own shot. The second challenge involved a 1 on 1 with another competitor to take the puck from goal line to goal line. You had to maintain possession against the opponents checking skills, or chase them down yourself. Unfortunately, Slip's checking skills involved laying out his opponent and that quickly got him ejected from the taping. His time was over so fast, his team didn't realize he was gone.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]