Create Account

S76 PT #2: Oohh, yo momma fight! Due: Sunday, April 21st @ 11:59 PM PST

[Image: taunt.jpg?ex=662fbfa1&is=661d4aa1&hm=ba3...height=301]

[Image: image.jpg?ex=663b8fcc&is=663a3e4c&hm=a86...height=323]          [Image: stank0ven2.jpg?ex=663b90d1&is=663a3f51&h...height=305]

Ahh

Code:
Written Option 1: Your offseason xitter activities have earned you some enemies. One specific player from a rival team is instigating a social media beef with you over a questionable call that went your way last season. (Or maybe you’re the one doing the instigating...) Who are you beefing with and how does it go down?

I don't really participate in social media drama, but last season after @SFresh3 Ryu Jones (when he was on the Chicago Syndicate) embellished a holding call against me during one of the WPG vs CHI games that sent me to the penalty box for holding. Back when I was on Chicago, we all were very huggy with each other so it was only natural for Ben Jammin to embrace his former teammates during the game but Ryu Jones wasn't willing to let go of me during the game and for some odd reason the referee only called a holding penalty against me and not Ryu Jones. This sparked a lot of controversy in the xitter universe with people arguing for both sides. I distanced myself from this but was made aware when reporters would let me know the day after the game after a morning skate practice. Ryu Jones is next on my list so this season when we face the Edmonton Blizzard, Ben Jammin knows exactly who he is going after and holding for a long time. 

(178 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2024, 04:25 PM by ZootTX. Edited 1 time in total.)

There he was, minding his own business on the internet, and Deth Klaw starts seeing some dude named Ben Jammin trashing him on the internet. Klaw hardly knows Jammin, but Jammin seems to have some kind of beef about a call that went Klaw's way last season. He seems to be accusing Klaw of being a dirty player. Klaw isn't even in the same league as Jammin and I don't think that Montreal and Winnipeg are rivals in particular either. Now it feels like no matter where Klaw turns on the internet, there Jammin is, the old fool. Perhaps he needs a new hobby, surely there are more exciting things to do there in Winnipeg? Perhaps his advanced age is catching up with him and all of those hard hits are making him a bit batty in the head. Klaw has nothing but love for the folks in Winnipeg, but he may have to make the 2200 km drive there to sort some things out. Who's up for a road trip? (171 words)

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

If I was allowed to change any rule in hockey, I would modify offsides. Right now, I think offsides ruins the pacing of the game and with my modification, It would speed the game up and make it so we aren't pausing the game clock every 5 seconds. My rule change would be to allow players in the offensive zone to be what we currently call offsides, but allow them to tag back at the blueline after the puck carrier crosses over the blue line. I would change offsides to maintain the fast-paced and exciting nature of hockey, and it would reduce the stoppages in play and stop the refs from wasting my precious time. This makes the games take less time. My rule change would also give teams more offensive chances which would be fun for fans, and it would bring in more money for the NHL. 

[Image: i0ZCRTJ.png]

Россия wants you! Ask for a Transfer! Join Independent Russia Today!

Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia   Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2024, 01:04 PM by Ricer13.)

[Image: IMG_0582.png?ex=662fd2e7&is=661d5de7&hm=...f036ec4bb&]

[Image: Ptp7x4v.png]

[Image: p82ugau.png]

[Image: photostudio-1713207559376.jpg]

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2024, 11:51 AM by Vulfzilla. Edited 1 time in total.)

i goofed up pls delete and see later post that actually has a response.

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

Option 2:

If I were to change one rule in hockey it would be the offsides. Take them completely out of the game then there is no more worrying about the offensive zone re-entry or anything. If the defense isn’t able to get possession or a stoppage in play they deserve to be locked into the line matchup. It would create some incredible fast break – breakaway type deals in the it would bring back the pond hockey style of hockey. It would be fun to see how the teams offensive strategies would be with the new amount of room they could create in the offensive zone. It would also likely change how teams need to play defense and likely lead to opening up the game a lot more for higher scoring and pile on the stats. It would also make learning the rules of the game easier and help allow the game to grow to the new areas like Japan where we just had the Global series.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

SSL Affiliate

I think one rule I would like to change is the process of obtaining the first overall selection in the entry draft for the SHL. As it is now, we see teams far too often completely blowing up and bottoming out for seasons on end and it doesnt even guarantee them a pick regardless how bad they are. I think this can have a pretty negative effect on the overall user experience for the weaker teams and I would love to see the league implement a system like the PWHL has. Essentially, 1st overall would be awarded to the team with the most points as of their elimination from playoff contention. Teams would have to readjust their strategies because bottoming out completely would no longer get you anything if you lose every game after getting eliminated. We would see much more competitive teams in the bottom of the standings, and I think we would see a lot of interesting moves at the trade deadlines from teams that may not normally be buyers as they try to at least get a few wins and stand a chance at first overall in the draft.

I'll be honest I am not a fan of either prompt considering I like just about everyone in the league. Don't worry, I don't hate anyone, if I haven't met you that doesn't mean I dislike you I just don't know you yet! Also I don't mind the rules and don't see a need to change any or make any changes at this time. But you asked me to pick a beef partner so I guess I'd pick Brooklyn Physt from the Raps as my beef choice. We were the best defenders in the league last year and we met in the cup finals. They ended up getting the lucky bounce over us last season and I think that's reason enough for the beef. I'd say it goes down about as hilarious as you'd think it would. We don't hate each other, we just take part in some good natured ribbing and leave the actions to the ice.

Oh god you want me to change ONE rule??? I'd change way, way more. But I'm going to start with the absolute bane of my existence: that god forsaken trapezoid rule. Having recently watched the Women's World Championship, and knowing that the NCAA and PWHL (the two women's leagues I'm most familiar with) do not use the trapezoid, watching goalies come out of their net only to have to wait for the puck caused me psychic damage. Watching a goalie handle the puck is genuinely some of the most fun stuff in hockey because they can start a counterattack with a saucer pass, or they can mess up leading to an easy scoring chance for the opposition. They've essentially legislated an entire skill out of the game, and have turned goalies into little more than eccentric shot stoppers. Whatever happened to seeing Marty Turco's adventures out of the crease?

Yeah yeah Brodeur existed, but he retired like ten years ago and even before that he had been out of his peak for a few years. Get rid of that stupid thing. FREE THE GOALIES.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

If I could change one rule in hockey at any level it would be to change the ice so that it is wavy. Wavy hockey might not have many supporters now, but that is because they have never seen a game in action. Wavy hockey adds the element of surprise. You don't know where exactly the puck may end up. And think about the players. Skating is going to be an even more important skill than it is now. You are going to have to control your momentum and land some kick ass jumps. Hockey with jumps sounds cool. I think that rule changes like this are just what this sport needs to move into the current year. If we can make a monumental change to the very surface we play hockey on, it will generate even more interest in the sport and will bring in new fans. Wavy hockey is going to be a new sensation that is sweeping the hockey nation.

(164)

[Image: Valor_PT2.png?ex=6630263b&is=661db13b&hm...58f93749c&]

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]