Create Account

S76 PT #2: Oohh, yo momma fight! Due: Sunday, April 21st @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 1 (168 words)

3WW Wingmate Roc has a beef, it happened this offseason and is internal to the Quebec City Citadelles. The team leadership somehow thought that it was right and fair to put a first overall draft pick at a higher line placement than poor ol' Wingmate Roc! Not only that, but somehow scoring a measly 20 extra goals than Wingmate Roc puts them as rookie of the year for the team???? Hello??? I think we should be measuring Quebec City Citadelle Rookie of the Year not through nebulous, cherry picking of stats like TPE, points, rating, goals, assists, PIM, faceoff percentage, or shot percentage but solely, and I mean this, solely in wingspan. Everything else is so up for interpretation? Are we sure that scoring 25 more goals AND 5 more assists is better than not? I'm just saying that we should keep our options open and measure on the one factor that matters, how many Grand Prix Top 8s you have in the Khans of Tarkir standared meta.

Option 2:

Speaking of actual hockey in the NHL, I think there HAS to be a rule about salary cap, LTIR, and the playoffs. We've seen this season after season with what seemingly started with Tampa Bay, and now the Vegas Golden Knights going on 3 postseasons in a row. Their high paid star player is injured, oh no! Let's put him on long term injured reserve so we can get a replacement and his cap won't affect us! Fast forward a few weeks, and what's this? He's healed! He can play his first game back with the team as soon as the playoffs start when there is no salary cap! Once I will give them a pass, maybe I'll give em a glance twice, but now 3 seasons in a row this is such flagrant manipulation of a rule that was put in there to help teams with severely injured rosters.

WC: 156

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2024, 01:29 PM by tomtommen. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: font )

Written Option 2: If you could change one rule in hockey, of any league, which rule would you change, how would you change it, and why that particular rule?

If I could change one rule in hockey, it would be to mandate the use of a Hockey Helmet Cage & Shield Combo for all players at all levels of the sport. This combination of protective gear, which includes a full face shield attached to a traditional hockey helmet with a cage, offers comprehensive protection for the face and head, significantly reducing the risk of dental and facial injuries. Hockey is a fast-paced and physical sport, with players constantly moving at high speeds and engaging in intense physical battles for control of the puck. Unfortunately, this level of physicality also increases the likelihood of injuries, particularly to the face and head. Facial injuries, including dental trauma and fractures, are all too common in hockey and can have serious long-term consequences for players' health and well-being. By mandating the use of a Hockey Helmet Cage & Shield Combo, players would be better protected against these types of injuries. The full face shield provides a barrier against high-velocity impacts from pucks, sticks, and other players, while the cage offers additional protection against facial injuries from collisions and falls. This comprehensive protection not only reduces the risk of injury but also promotes player safety and confidence on the ice. Furthermore, implementing this rule change would help to normalize the use of facial protection in hockey, dispelling the outdated notion that toughness is synonymous with playing without adequate safety equipment. By prioritizing player safety and well-being, hockey leagues can create a safer and more inclusive environment for players of all ages and skill levels, ensuring that the sport remains enjoyable and accessible for generations to come.

Words: 270

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Written Option 2

This one's sure to cause fights, but it's the easiest for me to get into a flow and meet the word count with ease.

This entered my head first as a "Fight's should earn game misconducts at the NHL level", but that line of thinking can easily be expanded to the simply fact that professional hockey's standards when it comes to conduct are horrendously lax.

Hockey Canada's standards are relatively new to the sport, and perhaps it will trickly downstream in time, but at the minor hockey level, through which all NHL talent passes through, there is a revolution taking place in how officials are calling the games. While the rules may have changed years ago, referees can be slower to change, especially those who disagree with the changes. We, as officials, are encouraged to ensure that any and all abuse and negative conduct from players and coaches to towards officials, opponents, and even teammates goes punished, so as to ensure the sport remains accessible.

Sure, that includes slurs, of which I know few officials who'd refuse to asses a gross misconduct for discrimination, but that same rule includes discriminatory terms that target an individuals sex, appearance, sexuality, and more. Not to mention, the act of chirping itself if considered rude enough can be assessed a ten-minute misconduct. No longer are these bitter elements which inarguably poison the sport accepted, on paper at least.

To see, at the professional level, a degree of toxicity unaccepted at most levels of the game, persist is demoralizing at times. People will undoubtedly get angry playing the sport, but to take it out on others should be unacceptable.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Code:
Written Option 1: Your offseason xitter activities have earned you some enemies. One specific player from a rival team is instigating a social media beef with you over a questionable call that went your way last season. (Or maybe you’re the one doing the instigating...) Who are you beefing with and how does it go down?

Not much went right for Oskar last season so it's very likely he earned a few enemies with some of the beef he spewed on xitter last year. One time in particular that's drawn quite of bit of attention was during the first round of the Challenge Cup playoffs when the Los Angeles Panthers dispatched his Pride in a 4 game sweep. In game #3 him and the Pride were down 4-2 going in to the 3rd and after managing to rally back in the 3rd and force overtime they fell to a timely goal by Derek Martin. In the heat of the moment Oskar took to xitter and posted a rant about the lack of officiating the game, particularly in the 3rd period and overtime. While there was some merit to what he said seeing as only 3 penalties were called and they all happened in the first half of the game, most people interpreted it as a young player getting frustrated and blaming someone other than himself. It doesn't help that he finished that game with a -3 and no points so clearly the officiating wasn't the only thing holding his team back.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

I had some beef with a player name David Doug @TheSparkyDee , who out from no where, call me out about not being able to stop anything and my reputation of being one of the best goalie in the entire league was a fraud.
I don't know how he comes to that conclusion, but well I had to prove him wrong and I think I did it pretty well last season.
I won the Mike Honcho Trophy for the less goals scored and was nominated to the John McBride Award for the best goalie. I had a good defensive squad in front of me, but I still need to make the saves to win the game. With my amazing performances in the off-season, it shows him I'm not a fraud and even if TPE doesn't matter I'm one of the best (even if this season it's not that good).

I invited him to close the debate this season if he can score on me, and so far he didn't so he still have 3 more try to do it...

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Which rule would I change?

Penalty call consistency across all times of the year. The one pet peeve I have always hated is the proven lack of penalties written in the rule book decreasing heavily in games 5-6-7 in any playoff series and in the playoffs in general. A cross check is a cross check no matter what time of the year it is. Stop with the dumb make up calls. If a team is undisciplined then they need to be punished accordingly and not given a participation trophy in power plays to keep it even. This mind set kills the teams who build with skill - which the league always promotes. Let the players play the methods they want and stop turning the playoffs into a goon fest where the dirty teams always seem to win. Additionally the insane amount of interference NOT called on every single zone entry drives me mental. Its run almost every single time. Stop allowing defense to cross check the dumping player that once for slow down - let the pace of the game play out.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Written Option 2: If you could change one rule in hockey, of any league, which rule would you change, how would you change it, and why that particular rule?

What would I change given the chance? There are some obvious ones like the puck over the glass which I have always thought of as being ridiculous. Like you can tell if someone is intentionally flipping it over the glass or not and if they are just assess them for a delay of game penalty otherwise if it is just accidental I think it is penalty enough to force a face off in the offending players zone. Restart play but at a slight disadvantage to the team. I also hate the trapezoid behind the goalie net. If the goalie wants to go to the corner to play it that is entirely on them and they put themselves in that position and should face the consequences of that action. It allows the goalie to a 6th stick out on the ice and gives another area a goalie could be of benefit to their team if played right.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Option 2 - if I could change any rule in hockey, it would be to the one that doesn't allow for penalty calls to be challenged. We have all seen the officiating get worse and worse in the recent years, and I think that allowing for penalties to be reviewed might be a good thing in order to keep the officials accountable. Also, this would make it so that there are more eyes on the play. One thing to consider is that this might slow down the game considerably, so that would have to be taken into account to make sure that the play isn't interrupted too much. Some sort of category or time limit might be a good idea in order to make sure that the flow continues, and people aren't sitting for 10-15 minutes waiting for the officials to make a judgment call, as this would make it akin to football which can be stop and start at times.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

[Image: Habs20-V20-Stars2012-preview-original.png]

PT PASS

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

[Image: nodgbZD.png]

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

If I could change one rule in hockey I would go straight to the HHL. I would want to change OT rules if you lose in OT you should not be awarded a participation point you either win or lose there is no free lunch and the loser does not need a point. This change would help clear up the scoreboards and reduce some defensive play in the league. The teams going to the playoffs should be the team with the most wins not over time loses. There are plenty of examples where teams are seeded higher based on them making it to over time and then losing. The current strategy is to score one goal and turtle the way to over time where you get a free point despite the team losing. As they say in the hungry games "May the odds be ever in your favor" and may the best team go forth and win yee old Stanley Cup (In the case of the NHL that is and will always be Tampa Bay) !

Falcons Hockey fan for life. I pack the heat and score the goals!   Barracuda

[Image: Point_Celly-13020730.gif] 

Hattricked:

Code:

If I could change one rule in hockey, I'd look at the offside rule. If you were unaware of the rule; if a player enters the offensive zone before the puck does, it's considered offside, and play stops.

What I would propose is a shift towards a more continuous style of play. Basically the complete opposite of the current neutral zone trap era of hockey. Imagine players being able to move more freely. Imagine no more challenges where a goal that happened five minutes into a play is called back due to literally inches of “offside”. I'd still like to retain that an offside call only gets made when a player receives a pass while they're already in an offside position somewhat of a deep fishing, if you will. This change would keep the game flowing smoothly, make it more dynamic, have fewer interruptions, and have more scoring! Who doesn't want more action? Hockey is one of the most high action sports on the planet!
WC:165

[Image: LDEJuj2.png]

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]