Create Account

S76 PT #2: Oohh, yo momma fight! Due: Sunday, April 21st @ 11:59 PM PST

Graphic Option: Make a fan sign taunting a rival team.

@baz apparently this is a good chirp for divers?

[Image: rDCZh4k.png]

[Image: dinonuggets2.gif]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]
Credit to Amidships & sulovilen

It isn't even a back and forth with @caltroit_red_flames because Cal Juice won't even answer me. But He knows that he tripped me in the 3rd of our playoff game last year that got the Battleborn passed Regina in the playoffs. He knows it, the crowd knew it, his teammates knew it, hell even his momma knew it! I hit him up on the Chirp box, but Cal just won't engage. Since Cal won't answer on Twitter or Facebook or Instagram or Google Maps, I guess I'll have to call him out here. THAT WAS A TRIP CAL! IT WAS A TRIP!! YOU KNOW IT WAS A TRIP! STOP ACTING LIKE IT WASN'T! THAT WAS SUCH A TRIP I HAD TO GET MY LUGGAGE AFTER IT!... cuz .. cuz.. it was a big trip. Please answer me Cal, I'm getting lonely. Also Battleborn is a weird name. There I said it.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2024, 06:15 AM by OrbitingDeath. Edited 2 times in total.)

[Image: gfQUZKp.png]

[Image: yeIZzgA.png]

[Image: Cxvg5T3.png]

[Image: FmEBpDx.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Dunkler is a sweet innocent baby angel, so the idea of him instigating anything whether its in a game or social media is frankly ABSURD. However, there was a single moment in his long SMJHL career that he could not keep his cool and dropped the gloves.

The S73 Falcons were still a work in process, and had trouble finding the W’s. Later, that team would eventually become the masterpiece that was the S75 Four Star Cup champions. However one game against the Kelowna Knights saw their forward Crystal McCleod take a run at The Murray. Seeing his hippo teammate dazed on the ice put Dunkler onto the path of destruction. Unfortunately, he was not much of a fighter and was the unanimous loser of that bout with McLeod. However it helped the Falcons get 2 points against the Knights that day.
Some fans had shared the video of the fight recently on social media, which prompted both McLeod and Sowerwine to weigh in once again. Will there be a rematch?
WC:171

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

Well, I do not think Isaac would ever use Twitter cause its a cesspool of awful, awful people. It is not a good place nor has been for a exceptionally long time. However, if he were to use it and piss off someone it could have been a lot of people. I think the best way to process who it is would be to say anyone who takes things like life or death, like they're either with you or against you in trivial league things. Lives for the drama and throws away people after 1 argument and plays victim over literally the smallest stuff. Anyone who could fit any of this type of stuff he would probably enjoy annoying a lot cause then they leave him alone and he lives rent free within that thick skull for the rest of time.

Either that or just any type of journalist that hound him after games to ask him questions on the game/performance of him or the team which he has never enjoyed answering.

[174 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2024, 09:25 AM by TheOPSquid. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: xUFBem5.jpeg]

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]

Last season during a game against the Winnipeg Aurora, Ben Jammin was called for a trip against Dirty Boots. The call was argued to be a dive even though Boots is not really known as a diver. Winnipeg fans were furious with the call but The Renegades went up on the powerplay and scored which ended up being the game winning goal. It's something that's been forgotten about but given the Ben Jammin is a failrly well known SHL player who has a large following and social media presence, he started responding to Boots' posts trying to reactivate some beef and that he'd be looking to fight or at least throw some nasty hits next time they face each other.

Given that Boots and Jammin have seen a fair amount of each other over the years as they were members of the same draft class and have been in the same division since they started in the league, they were no strangers to each other. Texas and Chicago had many furious rivalry games against each other while Jammin was there but is now on his second season with the Aurora since Chicago decided to retool their team. Jammin is no different though and continues to be a force on the opposing team, just in a different jersey. 

Boots isn't all that interested in starting beef or keeping up with being bitter over social media so instead Boots just starts sending pictures of Llamas to Jammin. No other comments, no context, just llamas. Some SHL media people tried their best to interpret it and what it meant. Boots was calling Jammin a llama which meant he likes to spit on people? That he was quick to become aggressive to strangers? During a media scrum days later and before the Renegades were facing the Aurora, Boots was asked, what were you trying to say with the llama? No one seems to know the exact answer? Boots replied with "I don't know, I like llamas. They're kind of funny but they're nice to feed at the farm. They make me smile." 

The media was even more confused.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

If I could change one rule in hockey it would be to eliminate the trapezoid and let the goalies handle the puck more. Right now, the trapezoid penalizes some of the goalies who are better at skating and/or puck handling and eliminates a lot of the creativity and offense they can provide. With how fast the game is and so much focus being put on transition play and breakouts, it would be fun to get the goalies involved again, and even more fun when they have the occasional gaffe or get involved in the physical play a bit. It may even lead to more goalie goals, and everyone loves a good goalie goal. With all the rule changes to try and eliminate clutch and grab hockey and speed up the game and create more offense, why you limit the areas the goalie is allowed to play seems counterintuitive. Ban the trapezoid!

152 words

\

Option 2

I would change the delayed penalty rule, so that scoring a goal prior to the whistle (while the ref has their arm raised) does not negate the penalty. It's such a weird loophole where the sport just says "okay, you were punished enough, let's not worry about it anymore" even though actually, no, you weren't punished at all. Sure, the team about to get a power play pulls their goalie and gets to play 6-on-5 for a bit, but that's *not* part of you taking a penalty. They can literally do that anytime they want, it's just usually a bad idea. Sorry you were bad enough to commit a penalty and then additionally so bad you couldn't even touch the puck (let's be honest, they blow the whistle for "possession" if the defending kind of breathes on the puck). Getting scored on while waiting for a delayed penalty shouldn't absolve the penalty, it should be an absolute embarrassment, like you got scored on in those 10 seconds and then you can get scored on again during the PK, and then we all get to laugh at you.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

Graphic Option

[attachment=666]

[Image: 485e83ad5709e90ba5a0cffccb717e08.gif]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: n5T6k5K.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
:3
Cranberry Sig by @enigmatic
Pride Skates by @sköldpaddor
"You Belong..." Banner by @sve7en

Graphic Option

[Image: 485e83ad5709e90ba5a0cffccb717e08.gif]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: n5T6k5K.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
:3
Cranberry Sig by @enigmatic
Pride Skates by @sköldpaddor
"You Belong..." Banner by @sve7en

Option 2:

I would definitely change the point system for win, loss, and overtime loss to be more like international rules. It really makes no sense for a regulation win to be worth as much as an overtime win (until the end of the season in case of a tie, then regulation wins definitely mean more than overtime wins). Three points for a regulation win, two points for an overtime or shootout win, and 1 point for an overtime loss makes a ton of sense to me. Then you don't have to have a laundry list of tiebreakers based on points, you can just skip right to head to head records or goal differentials. I don't know how anyone can really argue against it, no one is really playing for overtime wins/losses anyway. And yes, this is because I'm salty that Washington got into the playoffs over Detroit just based on regulation wins. BUT I don't think that changes my argument at all.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

I mean , I'm definitely beefing with my old school homie @High Stick King from the old Armada days.  you see, back in the day HSK , or Captain Spack Jarrow as you may know him, was always at the ready with his trusty photoshop ready to make me whatever wild sig my mind came up with. Remember the googly eye Cup Noodle? That was him. Remember the time I asked him to put a picture of my actual daughter in her Elsa dress in front of an ice castle and made it look like she was in the movie? Cup Noodle Bobby Orr?

And now, he has the audacity (John Mulaney voice) to tell me he can't afford photoshop anymore and that he's out of the game, leaving me to create my own crappy sig on Canva with an unsmoothed logo? 

So yeah we've been beefing on X. Mostly me bullying him to be more alpha, get more rich, and get me what I want. they're my sigs and I want them now!  

oh and also he said i was unworthy of having the "C" on my chest.

hmpf.

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

ISFL Affiliate

Written Option 2

Get rid of the trapezoid. Let those goalies do some heavy lifting and prevent some dump-ins. I want to see guys getting blasted at the blue line trying to dangle it in. Back when the trap was rampant and one goalie could play the puck, it was an issue. But I think having an elite puck playing goalie should have its benefits. For the most part, I get why you'd want to remove a potentially boring strategy from coming back, but players are so fast that ideally it doesn't matter. But if it does, who cares. Let goalies roam free. We'll get some colossal failures that lead to some terrible goals, and that'll counterbalance the 7 teams that will employ a hardcore trap strategy. But I think the risk balances the reward, so let them do it. I've seen goalies dangle the line, lift their stick from one side to the other, just get rid of it. Hate that rule.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]