Create Account

S76 PT #2: Oohh, yo momma fight! Due: Sunday, April 21st @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 2

I have to confess that I do not know nearly enough about hockey to have a really good answer to this prompt, but I have the internet, access to the NHL website, and a sense of humor that will hopefully be enough for you to judge this deserving of TPE. The rule that I am going to change states that to be eligible for the draft one must be eighteen or nineteen years old based on when they turned eighteen relative to when the draft is according to what I can see. Assuming that is accurate I would change that rule to accommodate species with shorter lifespans so that we can bring up that whole there ain't no rule that says a dog can't play hockey trope into play. My reasoning being is that I am then going to train a golden retriever to be the best goalie of all time by virtue of the superior athleticism of the beast. All of this is just a ploy to help sell my new line of movies Ice Bud because if Air Bud can get over a dozen spinoffs then I bet Ice Bud can manage at least five spinoffs to make me wealthy enough to make all this nonsense worth it. Thank you!

Code:
Word Count: 212

Option 2: If I wanted to change a rule in hockey I think I would look into something that would increase number of goals and maybe add little bit of chaos. So lets take a look at number of players on ice. When no penalties are in effect both teams have same number of players on the ice, 5 skaters and a goalie, which couldn't get much more boring. So we need to add more players and more space on the ice and to artificially balance the games to make the outcomes more uncertain. And now you ask how we do that? Easily, every time the team scores their opponent gets to choose if they want the scoring team to play with one less skater on the ice or if they want to add one more skater to their side. If team scores on powerplay their opponent wouldn't have this opportunity yet if team scores shorthanded they get to add one player to their side.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Written Option 2: If you could change one rule in hockey, of any league, which rule would you change, how would you change it, and why that particular rule?

The no hitting other players with your stick rule. I saw the 1986 classic ice hockey movie Youngblood starring Robert Hepler Lowe as a young (blood) hockey player who gets sexually assaulted by Fionnula Flanagan as Miss McGill. Despite his adversity, Dean "Pretty Boy" Youngblood is able to take his team all the way- the only thing he can't do is fight. He's too pretty for that, something his team mocks him for, especially his captain - Patrick Swayze as Derek Sutton. Sutton tries to toughen up Youngblood for the duration of the movie, and its not until the very end where he is finally able to gather up the courage to fight his long time rival, Carl Racki, played by George Finn, who was actually a real hockey player, playing 4 years in the OHL, playing for the Belleville Bulls, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, and Windsor Spitfires. He is able to beat up his rival after scoring the winning goal in OT.

During the fight, they actually started by using their sticks, like old timey knights, which hockey fans would know is complelety againdt the rules and would result in dueling match penaltys.
I think it'd be dope to do that tho, so lets get that going.
210 words.

WRITTEN OPTION 2

If I would have such a chance, I would definitely change the off-side rule. I wouldn't erase it permanently. However, I would allow each team to abuse it once per game. For example, if they had one situation where there should be off-side and score, I would say that's a good goal. If it would became a regular thing, other goals wouldn't count. That's because I think that it would make game much interesting. Let's start with the fact that there might be a stupid situation where team didn't want to make an off-side. Plus, I think it would make an end of the game much interesting. For example, if teams are tied or one goal ahead, it would be much interesting for some teams to fight for wins. They can be in off-side and somehow get a tie or even win a game. It would be a great show for hockey viewers. I am sure that it would bring so much hype to the game of hockey.

168 words

Stars Stars Stars

SHL PT

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

If I could change anything in hockey, I'd remove the trapezoid. Goalies, when outside of the blue paint, should be eligible to play the puck wherever they wish. In addition, if Goalies choose, they should be able to cross the red line. Obviously, this would seldom occur, which is why if the rule is changed, nobody would be likely to notice.

I think these rules come down to the simple fact that Goaltenders are plagued by bureaucracy, yet there are no stringent rules on players. We may see more 'goalie goals' if goalies were allowed to cheat a little more, or at least more scoring when goalies get caught out of position.

Goalies were first told their pads must be 12' in width rather than 13'. They took away thighboards and introduced kneepads. Goalies are not as athletic, like Quick, or Saros. You see more Ben Bishops and Vasilevskiy's now. The game is changing so lets make it less restrictive.

Option 2:
If I could change a rule in hockey, I'd probably want to do something substantial to shake things up. Sure I could say to remove the trapezoid behind the net, or change some minor penalty wording but that's no fun. I want to make it so you can pull a player and put in another goalie. You should be allowed to skate out as a goalie and no one can convince me otherwise. Imagine how sick it'd be to have a goalie dangle the best players in the world and then score top shelf on another goalie. People would lose their minds!

Option 2:

The trapezoid rule is an assault on goalies everywhere, and it shall stand no longer. It was made by those who fear our ability to skate outside the crease and take part in the play, because they know they can't stop us if we can use our full abilities. Together, goalies everywhere must rally under the banner of Marty Turco and put right this old injustice and once again skate to the corners of the rink to play loose pucks and body forechecking skaters into the ice with reckless abandon. Then, once the trapezoid has fallen to our combined power, we'll march on the next great injustice against goaliekind, the center ice rule. In the memory of Roy deking Gretzky, we will finally create a world where goalies have all the power, and can do fun little plays with the puck when they get bored or when their defense has let them down for the last time.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2024, 10:51 AM by thiefofcheese.)

Again, I never use twitter or really any social media, but I suppose if I had to beef with someone it is going to be @wuma.  He has disappeared recently (hope all is well man!) but maybe me pinging him on here will rise him from whatever hole he is hiding in these days.  But I suppose that does work against me having a beef with someone when that someone is not really around.  Maybe wuma has decided to only show up on xitter and is giving me shit there or something. 

And how does it go down you ask?  I do not have the slightest clue.  More than likely he will make some comment about how the Bruins are not smelly and the world will chip in and say that they are all smelly.  It is a proven fact and all, but he can be a bit of a homer sometimes when it comes to that.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

option 2

If I could change any rule in hockey, I would change the rule on hooking. I'd allow it. Still not against opponents but as a tactic where teammates can hook together to gain an advantage. For instance, they could form a hooking train where they have the tallest and heaviest player at the end of the train. They'd use their skating together to gain momentum and fling that last player off of the train at the right time at the opponent's leading scorer. Think of this player as the wrecking ball of the linked players. Also, teammates could hook together to form a wall to protect the player with the puck. Four players would hook together (strongest skater in front, heaviest player in the back) in front of the team's best offensive defenseman. That offensive defenseman would be protected as he took the puck up the ice. Upon entering the zone, the remaining four players unlink and enter after the defenseman to create an overwhelming rush. This would likely be a power play tactic, almost like the flying V in the Mighty Ducks movie. Why not use your stick to hook and create the ultimate advantage?

[Image: Leonard-Wood-1.jpg?ex=65e9fdaf&is=65d788...3d17ea60e&]

one rule that i would change that is in hockey is penalties, fuck that i think that we should be able to do something like hit people whenever without fear of calls, we should encourage fighting in the pros and allow goons to thrive in a major way as it is omethin that is near and dear to my heart as i believe that it is the greatest part of the sport since no one cares about things like goals or other stuff people only care about us since it is what we believe in doing as a society we do not care that we score puck on net only that we see some violence as well maybe not always but hte undertone of a big hit or fight is what makes hockey the greatest sport on ice of all the sports that can be played on ice thats right im calling you out too curling for no bit hits allowed

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

ISFL affiliate

Remove the trapezoid! I understand the reasoning, but man I want my goalie to play defense too. I like the idea of goalies being more active in the zone. I live for the old days when the goalie could get in the corners, hip check an opponent, and clear the puck. While we are at it, let a goalie carry the puck up the ice and blast a slap shot. Why would you not want that? Think of how entertaining that could be. I understand that this may give goalies more of an advantage, so to counter act this move, allow goalie interference on things only outside the crease. That would make it fair, right? No? Come on, it is hockey, let the goalies have their fun too. To summarize, I want goalies to be able to play the puck in the corners again. I believe that will allow goalie to clear pucks quicker for their teams, but also adds the risk of an open net for the opponent to score. It is all fair.

[175]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ