Create Account

S76 PT #2: Oohh, yo momma fight! Due: Sunday, April 21st @ 11:59 PM PST

[Image: H1FE5U2.jpeg]

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Code:
Graphic Option: Make a fan sign taunting a rival team.

[Image: iPuOEaj.png]

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Prompt 1

Crystal had not been all that surprised when she check xitter the morning after the game and saw the Edmonton player whining. They had said that a check Crystal had made was dirty, despite the ref's no-call on the ice. Her notifications were filled up with tags from fans debating both sides of the argument. Crystal, never afraid to back down from a fight had quote retweeted the post. She simply said "I may be a Goon but I never intentionally try to make a bad check and if I mess up I will be open about it and take the tike in the box. Neither the ref nor I thought the hit was dirty." After that, her phone started buzzing nonstop. Eventually she put it on silent and removed notification privileges from the app for a few days. Occasionally she would log on to fan the flames or clarify something, but otherwise she remained focused on practicing and playing with Calgary. Over time, the flame war had died down and she released a statement. "The Calgary Dragons have given me the opportunity of a lifetime playing in the SHL. Everything I do on the ice, I do for the team and the city. It is never my intention to injure any other player chasing their dream, same as me. If I mess up, I will always own up to it. We as SHL players have a common courtesy to each other. I will always uphold and enforce that courtesy. Dragons Forever, Crystal McLeod".

[Image: 8FnCVh9.jpg.]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

[Image: UmZVJaz.png]
[Image: 6gdbFeP.png][Image: auXbs4O.png]
[Image: 1oMA17u.png]

The rule that I would change is the offsides rule. I think we would go the offsides rule from soccer. I think we would prevent that cherry picking when you actually have to go back and get back on defense. Implementing this offside rule in hockey might require adjustments to account for these differences and ensure that the game remains fast-paced and exciting. That is the best part of hockey, so you may need to really think about the other parts of the game. I think you have the people who hate any changes at all or rules so it would be interesting to see how that would work. I think you would probably have to limit it to after the red line, but a lot there to change. I am not sure how much I like the current offsides rule, so there is an opportunity for growth and difference there. This is one that I thought of that could be interesting.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2024, 01:53 AM by JellyRamp. Edited 1 time in total.)

i'm absolutely one of 3-on-3 overtimes biggest supporters, but most leagues in the regular season cap the playing time to just 5 minutes overall. Especially if you're going to the shootout after the overtime, 5 minutes is not enough time to completely decide a whole game and have possibly massive playoff implications, see detroit/capitals this year, where detroit lost out because of a non-regulation win in a shootout. Of course, you also dont want overtime to go on for too long, so you need to make it end at some point, but my argument would be to make overtime 10 minutes, 3-on-3 and after this go to a shootout. Probably my hottest take would be to make playoff overtime 4-on-4, imagine how exciting that would be, teams would adapt to it overtime like they did with 3-on-3 overtime and make for some extremely exciting moments. With playoffs just around the corner, while some people might not like it, i would love to see this implimented.

[Image: t0DZX3k]

Written Option 2

If I could change one rule in hockey, it would be to get rid of the "trapezoid" behind the net that goaltenders have to stay within when handling the puck. I know there are some leagues that do not have these lines, and I would like leagues like the NHL and SHL to adopt it too. It may seem like a small change, but I do think that it could have some pretty big impacts. For one, it would allow goalies the ability to be more involved with offensive aspects of the game, and naturally I think their assist numbers would go up because they are able to handle the puck more often. Another reason for this change would be to increase physicality in our game; if goalies are working around the boards they will be in positions where skaters can check the goalie, or vice versa. Fans would love to see more hits and scraps with skaters and goaltenders!

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

If I could change one rule in hockey it would be suspensions. In my opinon, there is not enough being done in the NHL and hockey world to fight dirty, bad-for-the-game hits. malicious intentional head hits should not just get 5 or so games. it should be more like 12-16. When we make these serious life changing Hits more punishable, it discorages them even more. In my opinion, the current system is not doing that. We have to protect players. Protect the game. We need to get rid of these dirty career-ending plahys in our great game. I'm not saying get rid of all hits. im just saying get rid of the headshots, the  board head crunches, etc. These malicious plays have no place in hockey, at any level. I think the NHL's current spin the wheel system needs to change, and should of been changed years ago.

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

If I could change any rule in hockey I would change the PP rule and bring it back to what it used to be. If a player does something that he is penalized for, they sit the full length of the penalty, no matter how many goals are scored. I understand for majors this is already the case, but this should be applied for 2 minute minors as well.

Some teams with very elite powerplays will love this, while other teams will hate this, however it will bring excitement to the game seeing these advantages in games. It’ll become more strategic and oddly enough might actually make it so people take less penalties during games. This could really make the game flow more and be much more entertaining. I know this was removed way back when because teams like the Canadiens were too dominant and having the powerplay be the full length meant scoring multiple goals per powerplay, but the game has changed and it would be incredibly interesting to see how games would shape out and what the outcomes would be.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

There is nothing more frustrating than getting a shit call against your team and seeing it on replay a billion times and nothing gets done about it. When a controversial play is made and "Toronto" or wherever the league's HQ is, reviews it, sees some shitfuckery was committed, they should be able to call the officials at the arena and get that play overruled/time added back to the clock. At least now we get coache's challenges but there is still stuff they can't challenge and while I can appreciate refs because their job is not easy, they're not god and can't see everything happening on the ice at all times so crap calls are gonna happen. So this whole "it happened, too bad" mentality should go and we should use the technology that is available to us to make sure games are as fair as possible for everybody. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

OPTION 2

I would get rid of offsides. Just remove the blue lines, simple as that. It would have multiple very clear benefits:
- less stoppages of play (okay, also less ad space, but we could compensate this with making some of the other stoppages a bit longer)
- less video reviews and goals being taken back -> less controvery, less time wasted, more goals happening
- less work for the refs -> more mental resources for the referees to focus on getting the penalty calls right
- it would give more room for creativity and different playing styles, which could lead to more variance in the way teams play
- it would probably also just in general make the game more offensive-minded and add more action to all parts of the ice
- would be interesting to see how teams would start playing power play and penalty kill, since zone entries would be easier and defensive teams would have harder time getting to a line change

In reality I'd say this is just an experiment I'd like to see done somewhere. It's very possible that there would be unwanted consequences that I was not expecting, and that could make the change negative.

[Image: sulov.gif]

Option 1: The list of players Simo has beef with is lengthy and of variable seriousness. Most of his Team Norden teammates are on there, for a variety of spurious reasons, because that's how you bond as a team (in his awful, awful mind), and the same applies to other future Edmonton Blizzard prospects - MattyJ, Alexa Johansen and suchlike. Every member of the Detroit roster who has graduated is on there too, so it's fair to say Simo beefs freely and easily. What he takes more seriously is the quiet but sizeable grudge against the various defensive players picked ahead of him in the SHL draft: despite (or maybe because of) being an absolute rock of a defensive unit, Simo wasn't called until nine other blueliners had gone off the board, and boy howdy has he not forgotten it on Chirper. Mikkel Enevoldsen? Trash. Juan Tymer? Riding on Quebec's coattails. Sergey Ivanov? Call when he wins something. And woe betide a player who reacts over social media to Simo jabbing at them, because Simo has fans and those fans know how to troll. Did you make an awful defensive error aged 14? They'll find the clips of it.

[Image: Skree.gif]

Option 2: I would revitalize the rule surrounding the review of non-offsides calls. Too often we see a team score, then it gets challenged by the opposing team’s coach only to look back 1:38 into the play and find that someone was 0.07” offside. The goal then gets overturned, why? Perhaps there was a brief wind in the arena that propelled the offsides player just enough to cross the line one blink too soon?

I think that it should come down to whether the offsides player directly impacted the play resulting in the goal. If the play is challenged and then reviewed and it is found that the player who is deemed offsides scored or participated in the play resulting in a goal immediately following the offsides then yes, remove the goal. If the team judged to be offsides enters the zone and the offsides was so close that the refs did not immediately call it, that team then cycles the puck for a minute and a half, then scores? Leave the goal, the offsides had zero impact on the play.

PRompt 1

After a road game the Baltimore Platoon won convincingly, a reporter asked M’Baku Olubori about his recent social media feud with Billy Hill of the New Orleans Specters. Baku looked confused at the reporter, as he hasn’t been on social media in any form in almost a decade. The reporter tries to play gotcha, listing a Twitter account that is not approved official that’s said truly insane things over the last few months. In the presser, Baku laughs it off and deescalates something that has nothing to do with him… up until he said,

“Only someone chronically online and who has never spoken to me would think that’s my account.”

While Billy Hill continued chirping online about Baku, Baku’s legal team went to work finding the perpetrator and sending cease and desist letters to whatever bonehead decided to create a fake account for the SHL forward. WE hope they have a good lawyer, because Baku sure does. Quickly, the account got suspended by Twitter for being a fake, leaving anyone beefing with fake Baku screaming into the void.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

I've decided to start beef with @micool132 . That's right, my own future Atlanta teammate is getting called out, but only partially for an in-game call for which he and Violet got into a fight, probably. But this beef had already been settled on the ice, because Colorado's Nathangus McExplosion made a joke about Violet being short. She felt slighted, started a fight with McExplosion, took a few blows before rocking back with an uppercut that knocked out her opponent instantaneously. Since then she's earned the nickname "One Punch Girl," which has extended itself into the social media realm after the clip went viral.

Unfortunately, the Regina Elk still lost the game, so McExplosion got the last laugh and probably scored the winning goal while Violet was off of the ice. But the clip is still floating around the x-sphere or whatever people call it nowadays, so I guess we'll just have to call it even. Surely there won't be any hard feelings once they make it up to the majors, right?

...Right?

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!