Create Account

S76 PT #2: Oohh, yo momma fight! Due: Sunday, April 21st @ 11:59 PM PST

If I could change any rule in the hockey world in general it would be, not surprisingly as I think this is probably going to be a popular answer but the shootout both in regular leagues and international games. To me, hockey is an exciting sport, the shootout kind of cheapens the hype and game a little bit. Let them play in overtime until someone wins, I know teams and plays may get tired but realistically if you want to win, you win, if no one is winning, the game becomes an instant classic and it puts eyes on the game. The shootout is the worst especially in big situations for example playoff races, gold medal games, it just does not make sense to put these high pressure moments to end on a potential fluke one on one. It will probably not happen, but it is something I would want or like to see, the television aspect likely would be a big hurdle, but I believe it would make things exciting and more hype to see the shootout gone.

165 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Well, I do not think Mads would ever use Twitter cause its a cesspool of awful, awful people. It is not a good place nor has been for a exceptionally long time. However, if he were to use it and piss off someone it could have been a lot of people. I think the best way to process who it is would be to say anyone who takes things like life or death, like they're either with you or against you in trivial league things. Lives for the drama and throws away people after one argument and plays victim over literally the smallest stuff. Anyone who could fit any of this type of stuff he would probably enjoy annoying a lot cause then they leave him alone and he lives rent free within that thick skull for the rest of time. Either way, Twitter is just a terrible place to spend your time and effort.

Code:
Words: 150+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Written option 2:

Simply put everybody’s favourite rule to change in the NHL is to change up the point system. Y’all know what I’m gonna say next. It’s simple, regulation wins are worth three points, overtime win two points, overtime loss one point. In addition to this, I am getting rid of the shootout.

We’re already going to increase the amount of points you can gain, a full regulation win the points overall shouldn’t change too much. You shouldn’t see a ridiculous increase. It’s not every game theoretically have to be a penalty contest. It just doesn’t feel as natural and honestly, there are some teams who go out on some nights where neither of them deserve a W. Why are we handing an extra point out.

I know it makes it sound like two rule changes but semantics. Realistically what would happen if you have overtime nobody gets that extra point that point just dies both teams get one it’s all you deserve honestly, not entertaining, but I mean you had your chances you had 65 minutes to figure out how to beat the other team , I’m sure next what happens if that’s why we have three-point regulation wins because if you just play for the tie, you fall that much farther behind you’re not half a game you win and then some behind the sooner the better.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Code:
Written Option 2: If you could change one rule in hockey, of any league, which rule would you change, how would you change it, and why that particular rule?

Even as a member of the penalty kill for my team ever since my rookie season, one rule I would revise is the ability for the team on the penalty kill to be able to clear the zone without any icing called against them. This rule was put into effect after some dominant powerplay units of the early days of the sport, and is now frankly obsolete. Teams are much more structured in the defensive zone than they were 75 years ago, so the possibility of exiting the zone with possession of the puck, or at the very least being able to lob it to the neutral zone in order to reset the play, is much more present than it was back in the day. After the midway point of the season, we are currently at an average of 6.2 short-handed goals per team - which means, on average, every team scores one short-handed goal every six games... That's massive! And it's mostly due to them being able to escape the pressure by clearing the puck the length of the ice and establish their forecheck.

(189 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Option 2

If I could change 1 rule in hockey, hmmm.  That is very interesting.  I think I'd love to see regular season 3 on 3 get expanded in the NHL to last longer.  I think it is a shame that we see teams being cagey simply because they would rather it go to a shootout. Also maybe consider teams to have to use every player on their roster before they reuse a player.  So if you decide to put out your big line right away, they cannot go back on until every single eligible player on their bench has played at least 15 or 30s of gametime.  Maybe at the same time get rid of the loser point in the NHL to incentivize teams to try and win games in regulation or during the overtime period.  I have a feeling this would create some very exciting moments for fans across the NHL regardless of what teams were playing

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: jsteele1423.gif]
[Image: dOfqg1T.png]
[Image: lhZ3TTV.png]
[Image: QwTZD8C.png] [Image: uJXrVDL.png]
Click my logo below to see me LIVE on Twitch!
[Image: vNTwVv3.png]

My beef on xitter is with @JamesT, who for some reason, seems to think that the best skin for Benjamin in BTD6 is DJ Ben Jammin. This is obviously an incorrect take as Sushi Bento is clearly superior. DJ Ben Jammin is all about dropping some sick beats and keeping the party going, which certainly is something that's nice if you are trying to unwind or get your groove on in the dance floor. But this is a WAR! This is monkeys defending their homeland against a violent invasion of dangerous bloons! This is no time for fun and games! Sushi Bento comes equipped with a knife and will keep your army well fed with high quality proteins and complex carbohydrates. Those dart monkeys can't keep going solely on the power of record scratches and loud bass, they need sustenance! This is the equivalent of outdated armies bringing a marching band along before realizing they were walking to their doom against entrenched 20th century rifling and artillery. Bloons are no joke folks, leave the turntables at home. (179 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Tank Sharksy, my super real and hate filled rival, started beef with me over Twitter. The weirdest part is that it occurred just after the SHL draft. We were both drafted to the Blizzard and backstage we got along great. We laughed and squashed our extremely real beef. Everything was all good. However, just seconds after I got in my limo to go home, Tank posted the beef. I am the bigger man so I did not respond on social media. I simply asked my limo driver to turn around and I slashed the tires on his purple Toyota Prius. He was not present, but he knows who did it. Who I thought was my new friend, started public beef with me. I was utterly heartbroken. We have not spoken since the incident. I hope we get the chance to squash it in the locker room in a few years. But for now, sharks can’t play hockey and are a lame apex predator.

[Image: mattyj.png]

The goon player on that on Eastern conference team has been not liking my xitter posts this season and is trying to throw down in the next matchup. I don’t know why this guy is so angry, yeah, I did throw some jabs his way, talked about his family, and posted some meme photoshops of the guy. But I mean what gives? Why you have to be so angry? It’s just a game. But this eastern conference guy seems to be mad. I don’t get it. So if this guy really wants to go, when the next time that Eastern conference team shows up to Los Angeles we can throw down our gloves and settle this social media beef. Who thought people would be going to war on ice over xitter drama. That’s the world we live in. Things are getting ugly, words are being hurled and soon fists will be thrown all because of this drama.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

For the second prompt, I would easily change the rules of overtime because I think that as they stand they're pretty not great. So, the biggest change would be that the first overtime is a 5v5 sudden death overtime and that would last for 20 minutes, even during the regular season. Then, if there's no goals at that point, then from there we swap to a 3v3 overtime that only lasts five minutes. If that doesn't last, we pull the goalies and go back to 5v5 for 5 minutes. If there's no goals THEN, from THERE we go back to 3v3 but there's still no goalies. From there, if no one still scores for five minutes, we let the goalies go at it 1v1 first to 5 goals wins. This would surely not only be safe but would also be incredible for ratings and making sure that people felt engaged with the games. I think while not balanced, this would be electric and amazing

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

If I could change one rule it would be having to go into the box after a fight. I think it would be really interesting to have players go right back to playing after something like that. Seeing who would go off the ice and who would stay on after that too. I think there would end up being more fights and possible a rule where everyone keeps playing as well. Being able to see how much more aggressive they are or if they end up fighting less to not mess up the game. Teams may move to enforcer type players and having players on each team to be ready for this. Having guys made to go out there just to fight and them come back out or star players not being afraid to fight. Fights also not creating disadvantage if your team is worse with 4 is cool as well. Seeing more 5 on 5 during the games as well.

[Image: dc24.png]

PT Pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

Answering for Prompt 2:

To be honest, the one rule that I would change is getting rid of the goalie trapezoid. I really am not fond of it not for any one particular reason that is overly dominant. I just feel like it takes away from the strategy of deploying the goaltender, if that makes sense. I mean, why prohibit a goalie from doing their thing and demonstrating their puck playing skill set? I suppose part of it is a little bit of an endearment to the work of Martin Brodeur and the New Jersey Devils. I don't think we're in a dead puck era anyway, especially since it feels like scoring is way up in the past few seasons, and most certainly in this most recent one.

I don't think getting rid of the goalie trapezoid would massively change the dynamics of the game, but it certainly would make it a lot more interesting. Those are just my two cents, though.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Written Option 2: If you could change one rule in hockey, of any league, which rule would you change, how would you change it, and why that particular rule?

A rule to change in hockey, as I don’t watch actual ice hockey the one thing I could come up with there are some really crazy rules, like having the winner of a fight not get a penalty, adding a 6th player on the ice, or something smaller like making penalties real time, and not stopped after a goal has been made. The first one would obviously incentivize fighting, if you are good at it, while the 2nd one would potentially bring a bit of chaos, where would this 6th player go? The last one would probably make powerplays more aggressive and penalty kills even more defensive, as you can score multiple points in 1 powerplay, while you do not stop the powerplay of your opposition if you score a shorthanded goal. Then let’s look at the SHL-rules, and mainly the J-league rule about TPE, I would be curious if lowering the initial first season TPE cap to something manageable for high-earners in the first season, and then increasing the cap slowly each season afterwards would be more fun than the current 350 TPE first 2 seasons, then 425 for the last 2. Maybe something like 300/400/500/600 or 300/350/400/450 could be a fun idea to make a bigger difference between J-players who are in their 1st/2nd/3rd/4th season respectively.

218 words

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

Code:

There are probably many good ideas but one thing that I really dislike is the 2-1-0 points that the NHL runs, and sadly we also run here. It makes no sense that there can be an extra point created if the game ends in a draw. Surprisingly enough, teams have not figured it out that they should always let games end in a draw and then play for the final point. Both teams gain on such an agreement and that also makes the entire reason of the sport drop down into meaninglessness. Now if you instead run the 3-2-1-0 point format teams always have an incentive to win, even before overtime. Not only that but there is also not just an extra point created out of thin air making the conditions for all the teams going into the games the same as they know what to expect. I am very glad the IIHF here runs it successfully and hope eventually we could change over to it on our two major leagues.

[171 words]

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]