Create Account

S76 PT #2: Oohh, yo momma fight! Due: Sunday, April 21st @ 11:59 PM PST

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Written Option 2:

Surely the rule that must be changed is one of the most antiquated in the league. In fact, the rule change that I propose would come in conjunction with an arena modification. 

So, first off you'd need to enlarge the playing surface. You could go for the international rink size or even bigger if you wanted. Whether or not this is logical or attainable for teams to do in their current arenas, that's not my problem. 

Now you've got this massive playing surface. What rule change could warrant this drastic alteration? Why just have 5 skaters on the ice at one time? Let's just have both teams have their whole teams on the ice at the same time. Ooh, or go Royal Rumble style. Start each period with one player from each team on the ice, and then every minute of gameplay another player comes over the boards until every player on the bench is on the ice. Think of the absolute chaos. 

This would, in effect, create another rule change by essentially eliminating the need for icing. What about penalties? How would a team gain the advantage for a power play? We bring in the old school rules of Freeze Tag. The team on the power play is allowed to designate players from the other team that must remain frozen until the penalty expires or a goal is scored. 

Are all of these ideas horrible and essentially creating a whole new sport entirely? Yes, probably. But let's just enjoy watching a massive game of Red Rover on ice and not worry about the semantics.

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]

[Image: wrF3E5b.png]

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

If i could change one rule in hockey it would probably be to change the format of overtime in the nhl regular season. I think that while 3 on 3 overtime was a good idea in theory that had potential to be a fantastic solution, I think we have seen that it is not the answer. I think 3 on 3 overtime gives TOO much space. Most of the overtime frame is just guys skating half speed with the puck in order to maintain possession. The teams will skate into the offensive zone, not see a sure fire goal, then nonchalantly turn back and regroup. It’s boring. I propose that we go back to 4 on 4 OT. I think thats the sweet spot between space and entertaining play. Honestly, I wouldn’t hate removing the shootout and bringing back ties as well. I dont see why ties are such a bad thing to have. Remove the loser point and give a point each for ties

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Written Option 2

This one is easy. For real, hands down, quite simple and easy. If I could add any rule into any hockey league, I would add the red line/two line pass rule back into the NHL. This would reduce/eliminate the long stretch pass and force teams to play smarter, tighter hockey on the breakout. I'm not calling it lazy, I just think it would lead to greater intensity and a higher degree of skill needed in the defensive end. 

Maybe expanding the ice by a few feet would do a lot to maintain the speed of the game, but overall that's one rule that's always bothered me and I would like to see it put back in. Additionally, and this is just the icing on the cake, but this is the rule that Sidney Crosby suggested putting back in so I'm going to lean on that endorsement and call it a day.

[Image: banes.png]

WO1

The one player that Nash has had a rivalry with since day one has been none other than John Brown. Picked number one Overall in the SMJHL with Nash as Number two, these two have had each others number since day one. Right after that, Nash was selected 1 OA in the SHL Draft and John Brown was selected 6th overall. Since the draft and in Both leagues (John Brown was on Nevada) these two have played hard with each other. You can constantly hear Nash barking at John when he has the puck on the ice and these two have been back and forth ever since. With both players being defensemen they play a different focus kind of game but they are still pretty early in their careers to really say who is the best. its nice to have someone that is always there to push your level of play and make sure you are elevating your game to the next level. Luckily Nash has John and John has Nash to continue this journey.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

eel's beef with a rival carried out this season has a twist - it's with his old teammate binko koivu @goldenglutes about a call dispute from last season, when the two were teammates!!! binko and eel used to play together (hockey style and sometimes other styles). typically they agree on referee calls since if a call went in atlanta's favoUr they would both like it and if a call went against atlanta they would both dislike it. however in one particular game vs hamilton steelhakws last season there was a play on which they disagreed, not so much a referee call but an official scorer call. philippe eko eel fired a shot from the point and it whipped past binko koivu and went into the net. binko koivu got credit for the goal and he swears he tipped the puck with his sick but philippe eko eel had the best vantage point and he is sure that binko did not tip the puck at all and therefore the goal should belong to philippe eko eel. the official scorer may have cost philippe eko eel a stevens trophy because of this!!! and now that they are on different teams, philippe eko eel and binko koivu are arguing about this tip/not tip excessively!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

A little Jurassic Park reference!
[Image: SkNpBI0.png]

For context :
https://youtu.be/1koa2xAxCAw?si=eQCfmhTqR2bp6LQx&t=47

Xavier Beausoleil
Raptors
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

Option 2

If I could change one rule, I would change the trapezoid rules in the NHL and allow goalies to play the puck more in the corners again. I'm sure that they are intended to protect goalies from injury, but it made the play more exciting when a goalie could dump the puck out and start a break away out of the zone, or when goalies would mishandle the puck and get "dunked on" when they left the net empty. I'm sure the goalies would hate it though.  Scoring is already up all across the league, even with increasing size of goalie equipment and then you add in turnovers and mistakes that would lead to easy goals, and suddenly a 5.00 GAA would be "hall of fame" level.  The fans, I'm sure, would love it.  The players on the other hand, especially defenders and goalies would probably hate it.

[Image: hudson.png]

If I could make one rule change to hockey, it would be to repeal rule 67.3. It states, "67.3 – A goalkeeper shall be assessed a minor penalty when he deliberately piles up snow or obstacles at or near his net that, in the opinion of the Referee, would tend to prevent the scoring of a goal." I am of the opinion that goalies should be given five minutes before each period to make the best wall that they can. Once the period starts, they may not add to the wall nor repair it. Another part of the rule would be that goalies can use some of their water to help the snow group up, but then they will not get to refill their water before the start of the period. This would allow for more diversity in the way goalies can play as you add in the snow wall meta. A fantastic wall builder goalie would have a significant advantage if they could build a wall in front of the net that could sustain numerous blows from shot pucks.

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

Code:
Written Option 2: If you could change one rule in hockey, of any league, which rule would you change, how would you change it, and why that particular rule?
I think there is an element of fun when it comes to 3 on 3 overtime but at the same time it is a little boring. Lately, you have seen teams just gather possesion and not risk losing the puck for the whole time. Thats why I truly believe that 3 on 3 should be on a smaller ice surface. They should bring on temporary boards and make the teams play on an ice the length of like both ringuette lines (top of the circle for those who do not know) or even just in one zone. It would make it a lot more fun and exciting, and it would add an element of Video Game/Arcade to the sport. It would be a way to revolutionize hockey and modernize it. Compared to other sports, Hockey is really falling behind in the media and popularity. No players are human, they all answer the reporters the same way, no one is unique. No fan really connects with any of the players cause we do not know the real them.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Option 2

One specific rule I'd like to see changed in all hockey leagues is the offside rule. At this point it's only become a way to slow down teams' offenses while also creating 10 minute long reviews after goals to determine if a player was a millimeter on the wrong side of the blue line when entering the zone. It's just no fun.

And I'd change it by simply removing it. Remove the offside face-off dots and blue lines, or keep them for aesthetics. I don't really care about those. But being "off side" is not longer a thing. Send your forward all the way down to the opposing goalie and have your defenseman send a hail mary pass all the way down and hope for a lucky bounce. Doesn't that sound a lot more fun than having all players slow down by the blue line and having to dump and chase every time?

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

If I could change one rule in hockey in any league, it would definitely be to add a time limit to how long after a play is offside for it to be reviewed. It's one thing for a goal to get overturned when the player that was offside went on to score on a breakaway seconds later, but it's absolutely bonkers that a team can be offside by a hair, have over a minute of zone time, score, and then have the goal come back. The time limit from the offside until the goal should be 10 seconds at the most. Any longer than that and the offside clearly didn't directly result in a goal. There's already some precedent for this, in playing the puck after a high stick or handpass. In those situations, if the other team hasn't made an effort to touch the puck after a reasonable amount of time, the officials can wave off the high stick/hand pass and the offending team can regain possession without a whistle. So there's already somewhat similar precedent for this adjustment.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Prompt 2 

One rule I would change in hockey is I would immediately get rid of the trapezoid and let the goalies do whatever they want. Marty Turco and Martin Brodeur are not going to be coming out of retirement so I think it would be great for the game. It would be really funny to see the current generation of goalies come out to wherever they want to play the puck after not being able to do it for their entire lives. The pure chaos would be amazing. Another change I would like to make is concerning the three on three overtime. It was a lot of fun to watch when it was first introduced but has gotten pretty boring as of late, with teams always leaving the zone to attack again if they don't find a look that they like. So I suggest that there should be a shot clock in overtime, you have 30 seconds after gaining possession to shoot the puck or the play would be whistled dead and the puck given to the other team.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

written prompt bumber two

well if i were to change one single rule in hockey, any rule at all, and if this rule change would not just be limited to the simulation hockey league but to all hockey that is being played so not just virtually but also in real life when on the ice or on the grass (in fields or otherwise) or on the driveways or on the roads or in the rinks that dont have ice and are instead covered in either some form of plastic or maybe concrete and people either run on it or skate on it in rollerblades (you get the idea, i do not think i need to elaborate any more on the different types of hockey that are played around the world), i would change the unwritten cross checking rule so that all cross checks would be called as penalties no matter what and my reasoning is so that general managers in the national hockey league will stop overpaying for defense men that are only good at cross checking and a net negative in every other part of their game, you know who im talking about @micool132 @Jepox @hotdog maybe @charlieconway would know too and also @Duff101

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]