Create Account

S76 PT #2: Oohh, yo momma fight! Due: Sunday, April 21st @ 11:59 PM PST

Quote:Written Option 2: If you could change one rule in hockey, of any league, which rule would you change, how would you change it, and why that particular rule?

I would institute a rule where every player has to go back in time through the ages of continental Europe before they are cleared to play.
They would need to go through a portal back to Ancient Rome, and win matches in the colosseum against a variety of opponents.
Then, they'd need to go back to the time of Charlemagne's Frankish kingdom and defeat the Ummayad invasion at the Battle of Tours.
I'd have them go back to the Hundred Years War and kill at least three french knights in the Battle of Agincourt.
They'd need to survive the black death, successfully make it out of central London during the Great Fire of London in 1666, and take a bullet for Franz Ferdinand at the outset of the first world war.

Prospective players would finally need to go back in time and help ancient man learn how to harness the fire 10,000+ years ago. I leave this for last because I believe it is the most difficult.

Once these tasks are completed, the players will be cleared to play. I think this would lead to a healthier league, with near-superhuman players that understand what it means to overcome the odds.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Option 2

If I could change any rule in any hockey league, I would have to choose to remove the offside rule. I simply think it would be interesting to see how the game develops and evolves without having to worry about being onside with the puck and instead having the ability to assault the opposing team's defensive zone with no consequences. You could even have a player permanently sit two thirds of the way up the ice, ready for a breakaway pass at all times. Imagine all the scoring we would see or the incredible defensive breakdowns that would occur if a player got too overzealous looking for a breakaway. I think it would just be interesting to see considering I have never seen a game of hockey played without this rule. I could see many positives and negatives to doing something like this, but I also think it would cause the most chaos which is the main reason I want to do it.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Option 2:
Looking at the success of the PWHL, I think there are a few things that the NHL could learn from them. The NHL is an old league with an old commissioner who are reluctant to change things even if they might be better. One of the big changes that I would like to see from the NHL is swapping to the 3-2-1 scoring system. For one thing it'll help reduce the amount of stupid tiebreakers like we've seen this last regular season. The wider range of points will help decide stuff a lot more definitively. The 3-2-1 system also makes it so teams will stop trying to play for ties, you'd much rather have the full three points than the two you get from an overtime win. Winning in regulation is rewarded way more and the difference between winning and losing is much bigger. Having teams fight for their wins more makes the game more exciting and can potentially expand viewership.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

If we are talking actual hockey rules, if I could pick any rule to change in hockey, it would probably the off sides rule where the puck has to be touching blue instead of all the way across the blue like to be on sides. Since the puck can go all the way to the outside edge of the blue line when it is in the zone, it should work the other way around too.

If we are talking about simulation league specific rules, I think the regression rules badly need to be revamped. We hit regression so fast that it is basically the equivalent of an NHLer starting their decline at the age of 27, which is wild because that’s normally around the time an NHLer hits their prime. Imagine people retiring at the age of 27 because they’re just not as good as they were when they were 26. That’s basically what regression is and it’s stupid and I hate it.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Written Option 1: Your offseason xitter activities have earned you some enemies. One specific player from a rival team is instigating a social media beef with you over a questionable call that went your way last season. (Or maybe you’re the one doing the instigating...) Who are you beefing with and how does it go down?

Elly's newfound rival simply cannot hold up to the catlike reflexes and senses she possessed. Elly chose to move to a place she doesn't normally position herself after noticing the potential for a daring move from her rival and managed to catch them off guard and even tripped them unintentionally on the ice. Ever since then, they have been taunting Elly and trying to bring up rules about animals on the ice. Elly of course retaliates by being the most cute and adorable she can be. Showing those extra big eyes and really turning on the charm to other players. truth be told, Elly would much rather resolve the situation with head pats and snugs, but until that can happen she has to get everyone to realize she uses her more aggressive nature simply for being good on the ice and nothing outside of the game. She does try to actually send some love her rival's way. She won't let up on the ice however and keeps a close eye of them. Eventually they will come around, or get tired of trying and focus on future games instead of just Elly herself and calm down. 

(199 words). 

Option 2:

When it comes to changing rules, the first thing I would do is increase the size of the net.  First and foremost, as a forward, this would give me infinitely more scoring and assisting opportunities.  And if we're not trying to break records then what are we doing here?  Not to mention that it would be an added level of excitement for the fans as well because we know how much offense drives ticket sales and ratings.  It would be a great way for engagement, recruitment, and the entire marketing of the league to shoot through the roof and continue to establish us as the premier hockey league in the world.  Now I know what you're saying - defensemen and goalies will not like it one bit, but we can counter their protests by allowing bigger hits to go unpunished and permitting only the losing player in a fight to be punished. That way, they still have an important role to play and won't just be flies on the wall as we tilt towards an offensive minded league.

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Option 2

I would like to see a win in regulation in the NHL being more meaningful. Too many times in a tied game with a few minutes left you just know it's gonna go in overtime as both teams play it safe to get one point. In this new system I'd like to see, a win in regulation would give 3 points. A win on 3 on 3 overtime would get you 2 points and a win in shutouts only 1 point. The loser in all these scenarios would always get no points. 3 on 3 used to be exciting but now too many rag the puck or get back to the neutral zone non stop, I think this scoring system would help that too. Shutouts are absolutely garbage in my opinion but a match has to end at some point so yeah keep it but make this rng bs a lot less impactful in the standings.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

This is an easy one for me, and it is a rule change. I believe you have 1 of 2 options, you either get rid of the loser point for ties, or you adjust and move to a 3-point system. Running with the idea of using 3 points for a win in regulation, 2 points with a win in overtime or shootout, and 1 point for a loss in the extra frames. I just think it is criminal that teams with more wins miss playoffs where a simple 3-point system would change everything in my mind for the better. There is a small issue that it would cause the standings to be a little more spread out and take away some of the drama at the end of the season but I think that falls secondary to making sure the teams with the winning records get in and teams aren't treading water and making playoffs because of how they lost the game.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

Option 2:

If I could change one goal in hockey, that would certainly give me a lot of power. At first, I thought to change the rule about who wins. I thought, hey, it's up to whoever scores more goals to win the game, but what if we added an addendum? What if we made it so that it was whoever scores the most goal, unless one of the teams is the Colorado Raptors, in which case they automatically win. It certainly would let my player win the four star cup this year, but at the same time, it would lower the competitive nature of hockey. And to make matters worse, this is my last season in the J, so when I get called up to the Argonauts in Seattle, it would kind of be a waste of a rule change. So with that said, I would make it so there's no offsides.

[Image: hzRjsUc.png]

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Prompt 1:

So I am beefing with Teemu Salami of the Detroit Falcons as of recent over anything, we will be talking and randomly it will just come up in the conversation like I bet I am better at this than you and then it becomes a challenge. One example is we were both on an outing over the break while we took time away from our teams to deepen our friendship and we had stopped at a Dave And Busters and let me tell you we spent around $50 on the basketball machine it was ridiculous lol. Recently, there rivalry has taken flight to the ice as they do their best to put up records and better stats than the others. Currently Wizard is dominating the rivalry but it appears Teemu has put his team in a better position to win where as Wizard is dominating as a lead on the Nevada Battleborn line. This rivalry will never end as it will continue into the majors.

[Image: IsJIh5s.png?format=webp&width=872&height=1066]

The most needed rule in hockey that I would change is to the 3-2-1 change that international leagues and the PWHL do. It was amazing this past season to see the scenarios of teams pulling their goalies late in games that were tied or even in overtime because they really needed the extra points, and I think something like that could really spice up the late-season playoff races. The current 2-1-0 system doesn't do a very good job of representing a team's actual talent level in my opinion because their wins could either be really convincing multiple-goal victories or overtime nailbiter. A standings record should be arranged in a way where I can look at a team's record and say "that's a good team" or "that's not a good team". As it is, the 2-1-0 system misrepresents teams' success and incentivizes them late in games to just play for the safe minimum point unless they're in an absolute crunch time scenario where they need to earn the second point, and robs us of late-game dramatics.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Before the start of last season Trevor Lahey and I were really tight coming off a championship and four seasons as linemates in the SMJHL.  However, we ended up finding ourselves neck and neck in the Jesster race and things turned sour as the season went on. And to add a little insult to injury I was left off the initial finalist list for the award so Trevor pretty fairly talked a lot of shit before the correction came out.  Things really built up until the award ceremony and he made some awful comments about my mama putting me up for adoption.  After I won the award I went on twitter and tore into his mickey mouse lookin ass.  I went too far, but I stand by every word.  Now we're halfway through our second season and tied in points and this motherfucker won't leave me alone.  I don't even want to acknowledge it because of how petty he's being.  They have more games played and we're tied in points! Like, what?? I'm outscoring his ass.  Anyways I'm going to need to pop off this next sim because he needs to be shut up.

Option 2

If I could change hockey rules it would be the automatic penalty for fighting. Fighting is good for hockey. Fans love it, teammates love it, everyone but snowflakes love it. So instead of handing out an automatic penalty, lets reward the winner of the fight with a two minute powerplay. That would help keep scoring up which is apparently what most want but also allows a traditional part of the sport to flourish. Too many sports today only vaguely resemble the sports people fell in love with. Too many pansies around, all the physicality has left most of them. Hockey is the last bastion and fighting needs to be preserved and even more encouraged. Seriously nothing gets the crowd more fired up than a great fight. It can wake up a lethargic team and make for more exciting play after the fight. It really is a win win situation so instead of discouraging fighting and penalizing it harshly I say hail to the victor and reward them.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

While I am not a connoisseur of hockey by any means, I have always been amused by how few players there are on ice relative to the typical roster size. A NHL roster is 23 players and there are 6 players on the ice at the time. For reference, NBA rosters are 14 players for 5 players on the court. Soccer is less comparable as there are not rolling substitutions, but it's generally 11 players on the pitch and 7 substitutes. The rule change I propose is to increase the number of players on the ice to 10 (9 skaters and a goalie), with rules inspired by the sport of lacrosse; defenseman and attackmen cannot cross half ice, midfielders cover the entire rink. The rink would be scaled up 33% in all dimensions to account for the additional skaters on the ice at all times, and overall rosters would increase to 32 as well. This change would probably be terrible in practice but I have been watching a lot of box lacrosse this season and I was inspired by watching lacrosse pretending to be hockey, so I would love to see hockey pretending to be lacrosse.

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner