Create Account

S76 PT #2: Oohh, yo momma fight! Due: Sunday, April 21st @ 11:59 PM PST

This isn't exactly bold but the trapezoid is taking away a lot of value that goalies can provide. While you can say, yeah, the trap is based all on having a goalie like Brodeur who is capable of playing the puck and negating any neutral zone dumps, yadda yadda. What if, instead, we say that goalies who are good at their puck-playing craft can fully realize that value and influence the way their team can play? Teams like Carolina go out and acquire a certain brand of player that can work within man-on-man defense and a rotating forecheck and that contributes to a suffocating playstyle. Is the league suddenly going to make rules that limit how well the Hurricanes utilize that play style? Gonna mandate that every player has to stay within assigned zones based on where the puck is in their defensive zone?

There's extra excitement to be had with over confident goalies trying to make plays they shouldn't, more opportunities for goalie goals when they can chase down soft-corner dumps and lob em at empty nets. There's just room for more goals and that should be recognized and rewarded.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

I am beefing with binko koivu of the Minnessota Monarchs team from wisconsin from the simulation hockey league. @goldenglutes is a very toxic xitter presence and keeps bringing up analytics to showcase how bad I am at hockey and it is very not cool. He keeps bringing up that im a 5 expected goal per game player with only 1 concrete goal per game and that brings me down because I keep telling him that I passed the eye test at the ophthalmologist and that means im a good hockey player and he needs to look with his eyes instead of over anal ysing hockey data. I think the binko is also very sour because he got traded away from atlanta to make room for younger players and nathangus will be the one replacing him very soon ("the next binko"). Overall maybe hes just trolling me as trolls do on the internet and maybe he still likes me I hope its the case Smile

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Seconding, thirding and nthing all the talk on the trapezoid rule. It's lame and goalies should be free to roam. The ice is their natural habitat and keeping them confined to handling the puck behind the net is cruel and inhumane. No but actually, watching PWHL games where no trapezoid rule is enforced on goalies has me on the EDGE of my seat when the puck gets near the goal like those players will come WAY OUT to play that puck and get it way out of their zone and mess with opposing players. It rocks, it's cool, and it lets goalies be a bigger part of the game and in defensive plays. Let's allow goalies to go into the corner, chase that puck down, and terrorize the other team. It's the right and just thing to do, and the sport will be better because of it. Begone with trapezoid, NHL, this is how we grow the sport.

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Hodor's chirps have been very mild and non-targetting, so of course the only player despicable enough to try and start beef over that is Ben Jammin. He is easily the least friendly player in the entire league as evidenced by his sever lack of emoticons and complete inattentiveness to the goings on of anyone in the league. He sometimes even takes a whole 30 seconds before reading someone's post on the forums or the official discord. Talk about cold! He probably saw the play where Hodor used corn to win the loyalty of some ravens which he made attack the heads of the opposing team as they played. Nowhere in the rules does it say ravens can't play hockey. The regs never even called it so there's nothing to debate really (pay no attention to the fact the ravens stole their whistles and pecked their heads every time they looked over in Hodor's direction).

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

We are beefing with the entirely of the new England wolf pack team and most if not all of their Gan base. They are not a fan of gnabe and his ability to instigate a lot of shit. This is goi g to end up with a huge fight the next time the two team meet up to play against each other. The expectations for those event is gnabe getting yelled at by security when he enters the stadium, followed by a few players from the wolf pack coming out of their dressing room go try and get the first flowing prior to the game. If anything like this happens then there is a non 0 chance some of the wolf pack players are mossing extended time with injuries, gnabe is extremely confident. Should things not escilate there then it is likely thay there ks a fight on the ice in the first few shifts. The fans will throw shit all over the ice because just like Philly, Boston fans fucking suck.

Things can get a little bit boring in the offseason and the conversation can qymuickly deteriorate into trash talk between friends. This season saw some interesting banter between Alexi Piastri and some of his rivals from across the league. Piastri is a bit of a free spirit, he's more likely to be talking about places that he's going to or his latest surfing trip than about the SHL. He posts on social media about things that 99% of the general population probably doesn't quite understand or maybe even gets people questioning what's wrong with him. This offseason he ended up in a battle with Philadelphia Forge goaltender BASE PACK. PACK was upset about what he called a dirty screen during the previous season, something about throwing an octopus at him during a powerplay. Piastri being Piastri ignored this attack and instead called PACK a kook for not following proper surf edicate and dropping in on him during what should have been one of his best waves of the day. "Get out of the water you don't even have arms" - Not Alexi's proudest moment.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

pt pass fileworkers

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

ISFL Affiliate
Different Forum Username: footballiscool

Option 2:

One rule that I would change for hockey is that if your team is on the penalty kill and you score a short handed goal then your teammate gets to come out of the box and it goes back to even strength hockey. Making this a rule would allow for the penalty kills to play with a purpose instead of just icing the puck down the ice. Now you as a player are going to be more likely to try to get possession of the puck and try to break down the ice to get a scoring attempt so that you can try to get your team back to even strength. If you were to score short handed the team on the power play should lose that advantage because with an extra guy on the ice you should never give up a short handed end goal. If you do, you should get punished for that and I think this is a good rule to do that.

Prompt #2

If I could change any rule in either of the leagues I would take away the restrictions on speciality team tactics so teams could have a little more freedom to deploy tactics against specific teams and in effort to increase their specialty team percentages and whatever else for player success. I don't want to see us get back to the point where we were having GMs trying to nit pick each unit tactic and causing a headache for the teams that don't have enough time to be reviewing tactics on a daily basis and trying to keep up with the "meta" or the teams that have more knowledge in FHM and how to work around the tactics. This would be a happy medium where teams could have a little more freedom to get creative but not give too much of the rope to where teams are running away where competitors are unable to keep up with the competition type deal.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Written option #2

I am old enough to remember when the two line pass was still a thing in the NHL. I remembered when the removed the rule and opened up a whole new aspect of the game, and I loved it! I felt it sped up the game and made it that much more exciting, knowing that there could be a breakway pass at any moment. So, if I had to chose something from todays game, it would probably the instigator rule. If two people get in a tussle, I don't think the person who 'started' it should get an additional penalty. If the other participant didn't want to particpate, they didn't have to, and if they choose not to drop the gloves, the 'instigator' will be the only one going the the box. I know that fighting isn't a huge part of the game anymore, and I'm ok with that, but I don't think that the figthing is down at all because of the threat of a two minute penalty. I think the game is always evloving, and will always be. Which is one of the many reasons I will most likely always be big fan of the game.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

[Image: image.png?ex=66383b9b&is=6625c69b&hm=1a3...3bc61c383&]

[Image: Make-a-photo-realistic-epic-image-of-a-h...a-go-1.png]

If i could change a rule in hockey it would be the fighting rules. I love how hockey has fighting and i dont think it should be taken out of the game, i do however think staged fights for no reason should be eliminated from the game. Theyre always between dumb 4th liners and they distract and take away from the flow of the game. Under my rule change id assess a game misconduct to any staged fights to both fighters. This is a change that needs to happen so that when you actually see a fight its because of a teammate standing up for a bad hit, or after some rough stuff infront of the net. things that add emotion to the game. I believe fighting has a place in hockey but if you want to watch staged fights go watch the ufc or one of the other MMA leagues that exist now.

[Image: fFccrkD.png]

Bobby Tkachuky loves to run his mouth like his daddy Brady and Bobby is defiantly beefing with someone. Bobby Tkachuky would be beefing with Betzee Nickleback, these two have been beefing so long no one even remembers who started it. Betzee Nickleback loves to come out on xitter and call Bobby Tkachuky a rat. While it might be fitting to Bobbys play as he plays aggressive and on the edge which some don't agree with. Bobby Tkachuky always comes back and call Betzee Nickleback  a mean angry goose which normally makes Betzee more angry. Now some wonder why Bobby Tkachuky and Betzee Nickleback have a rivalry, since they aren't on rival teams. What people forget its that Betzee Nickleback and Bobby Tkachuky came from the same draft class and are similar in play stlye, so they've been bumping heads for years. Some believe that Bobby Tkachuky and Betzee Nickleback have been beefing since they were in diapers.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

i am beefing with buffalo stampeder tommy westbrook. he has been coming at me like crazy lately becasue i am so much cooler than him and hit him hard. he is really being an annoying guy now, and it is time to settle this with a duel of the fates. we will be playing lightsabers and dueling until someone dies. just kidding maybe only gets hit a few times. i hope i can hit him in the legs and arms and he will be fallen and i will be victorious. that is the only way to settle things like this, really, what else is there to do but fight as men and as men do. I do respect tommy westbrook, as he is a valiant man, but i do not think he is better than me as a jedi or as a hockey player. him and i have a sort of sibling rivalry and we are really good friends you know, that is what makes it great.

[Image: rotti.gif]