Create Account

Making The Case For Teammates Hooking Up

This is a follow up to my most recent PT response where I stated the one rule I would change in hockey. I laid out the strategical advantage of allowing teammates to hook up.

As it stands, team and league officials frown upon players on opposite teams hooking up. So much so, it would put you in the penalty box if a referee catches you doing it. But no where in the rule book does it say that two teammates can not hook up. I'd go as far as to say that all five teammates on a line could  hook up simultaneously, with everyone holding each other's stick and their bodies touching. It also would be excellent for building team chemistry.

What would be the harm in that? Would this be too egregious of a sight for the old timers watching in the crowd? Who knows, those old hockey purists might even get a kick out of it. Having a little fun never hurt anything.

The big question would be if hooking up should be allowed in the junior league. Would it be too dangerous for a junior player to attempt? Someone would be bound to get hurt badly. An inexperienced junior player might not be ready for the responsibility that comes with hooking up with one teammate, let alone their whole line. It takes a physical and mental maturity that I'm not sure a junior player would be prepared to handle. A certain amount of trust and care goes into hooking up with teammates. You have to look out for your linemate's well being first and foremost.

Hooking up in the professional level, in the SHL, would be smooth and effortless for most. The strongest skater on the team could easily pull a train of three or four additional teammates. It could be second nature for some, like a skill they never knew they had. Like something they kept hidden deep inside themselves, hidden away in a metaphorical closet.

Now, you may be thinking, the other team might be offended at the sight of seeing their opponents hook up. In response, I say they can hook up too! Both teams can take turns hooking up, switch lines and do it all over again.

Remember folks, we are incredibly gifted in handling sticks and using our hands. We should be able to utilize those skills in more than just one way. So league officials, let us hook up with teammates. Let us score!

A question for the readers: Which one of your teammates would you regularly hook up with if the officials let you do it?

Words: 436

[Image: Leonard-Wood-1.jpg?ex=65e9fdaf&is=65d788...3d17ea60e&]

Dam looking at the fhm tactics doesn’t look like we can do this!

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

04-19-2024, 03:23 PMKaleSalad Wrote: Dam looking at the fhm tactics doesn’t look like we can do this!
Not with that attitude, we can't.

Trevor "The Tijuana Tornado" Lopez

Did "hook up" stop meaning what it's meant my whole life?

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

[Image: you-know-weve-got-to-find-a-way-marvin-gaye.gif]

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

04-19-2024, 06:37 PMFaraDian Wrote: Did "hook up" stop meaning what it's meant my whole life?
Nope, it still means one hockey player hooking another.

[Image: Leonard-Wood-1.jpg?ex=65e9fdaf&is=65d788...3d17ea60e&]

04-19-2024, 03:08 PMMuNk22 Wrote: I laid out the strategical advantage of allowing teammates to hook up.

I’ve been asking for this for years now. HO won’t return my calls.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

@Reno get's fined 4k for this one.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Mr. Commissioner please allow this!

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/1a32ed8c-d6...70df32e416

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

this just reminds me of that one nba copypasta

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

put me in coach

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

@MuNk22 if you wanna hook up just dm me bud!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

bro it aint even off season