Create Account

S76 mPT #3: Trade deadline Due: Sunday, April 28th @ 11:59 PM PST

I have no idea what to do when it comes to roster management, probably a reason I’m not really interested in being a GM. However, I think all teams should trade their best players, with salary retained, to Texas for future considerations.

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

Pretty much everyone. We are in a panic right now, and we don't want anyone from the team yesterday to be on it tomorrow. Total overhaul and we'll see what we can do.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

i think we are missing a key veteran presence from previous seasons and to fix this i think we should trade for longtime atlanta infernoman binko koivu i think he would make a good addition to the team i am not tagging him for risk of tampering accusation!!!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

I mean just looking at the standings it is difficult to throw out a generic all-round buy/sell recommendation, in general I would say it makes sense for teams who have a good squad to be trying to strengthen it, while teams with weak squad not making the play-off might need to start looking at the possibility of selling some older good player, if they have one.

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

It's very interesting in the east, as the point gap between 4th and 9th is only 4 points. You could look at this both ways: do any of these teams have enough to make a leap and be contenders? If so, that team should be a buyer. However, if you want to boost your cupboard of players/picks, that would be an opportunity to sell as you may be able to fall out of a playoff spot and get yourself a lottery pick out of it.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

When you have a fully active roster that is fighting for a Presidents' Trophy like we are at this stage of the season, I think the best move is to do... absolutely nothing. Don't disrupt the chemistry in the team for a chance at hiking the TPE average by a few dozens - it's not worth it.

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

I think the Forge need to panic sell and get rid of this bum BASE PACK because he is obviously the worst goalie on the team and they should just ride with their backup if they want to actually win anything this season

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

With the trade deadline so close, it's hard to say who should buy and who should sell, but it's a good rule of thumb that teams who've been over the salary cap all season should attempt to get under it.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

I think the biggest contenders to buy at the deadline are any of the four teams in playoff position in the Northeast--New England, Buffalo, Hamilton, and Toronto. No one has full control over the division crown, so anyone who made a big play could set themselves up for a stronger playoff seed. Home ice advantage is huge, and all likely hope to avoid landing in the 2nd wildcard spot and having to face the East leading Baltimore Platoon in the first round

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

If I were a GM in the North East, I would make a move. Almost everybody is playing at .500, the first place is not impossible to reach, and teams are only missing one key player to grab a better spot for the playoffs.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

I think that all of the teams currently ahead of new england (baltimore, san francisco, los angeles, texas, philly, and new orleans) should all sell all of their players in a panic sale so that new england can breeze though to the cup. Additionally, all the good players should go to new england, while all the bad players go to other teams. Absolutely unbiased of course...

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

While I really like the spot we are in here in Texas, I think adding a third line defender would be really helpful to shore up the blue line with active players who can contribute.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Teams in the Eastern blob of 47 through 51 points in the fight for the 4th through 8th seeds in the Playoff should be feeling a bit of pressure, as one bad sim could have them out of the Post Season.  So my answer would be Buffalo, Atlanta, Toronto, Manhattan, Hamilton, and Tampa Bay.

Quote:54 words

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

The Montreal Patriotes are definitely in sell mode now. The only question is sell what? They mostly have IA and old ass players that won't be much use on other teams and they should keep their prospects and be patient.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

As a General Manager myself, I am not sure if I OUGHT to be commenting on such hockey operations and management related affairs. Thus, I shall provide a simple non-answer on behalf of the Regina Elk.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]