Create Account

S76 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist Deadline: Monday, April 29th @ 11:59pm PST

The Grizzlies locker room is a surprisingly chill place considering the team is named after one of the most ferocious predators in North America. To get the team hyped, songs with a deep, slightly angry energy are best. Sometimes it seems like the Grizzlies would rather be sunning in a flowery meadow... but come salmon season... We are ready to hunt! Just need some wicked beets to get going sometimes...

1. Know Your Enemy (Rage against the Machine):

Starts out slow but gets you going pretty quick. Steady guitar rifs and classic angry Rage-style lyrics make this a fun one to do warm up laps to.

2. Bleed it out (Linkin Park):

Good one once the heart is pumping. Fast pace and great to fire snipes to get the goalie ready.

3. Riot (Three Days Grace):

Stretch time to get in the right mindset. This one makes anyone want to focus and keep their eyes on the prize. Alos, possibly incite a riot...

4. Refs You Suck (Cheer Up Dusty)

This one is good for getting inner pent-up frustrations about the inevitable ref fuck ups out of one's system before the game starts. No more miscondys for us Grizzlies... haha yah right

5. I'm Shipping up to Boston (Dropkick Murphys)

This is just a fun song that pumps anyone up. Something about a fiddle that makes you want to do whatever you're doing even faster and with more enthusiasm.

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 06:54 PM by Boomerange.)

If Hugo had to come up with five songs that most get the team pumped, he's definitely leaning into some classic rock. Run To The Hills by Iron Maiden is a surefire first play, followed by Electric Pow Wow by A Tribe Called Red. A little bit of Enter Sandman by Metallica since it's such a crowd pleaser, and before you know it the team is smacking sticks and hollering. Song #4 has gotta be Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit so the goons can get in the right headspace to defend the finesse guys out there on the ice. Then, right before we're raring to get on the ice as coach is hollering at us, someone quietly hits Song #5, Welcome to the Jungle by Guns and Roses. Hugo takes full credit for the entire selection as he was raised right on classic rock and doesn't need any modern garbage. Get it.

This one is easy.

First song is Feel Good Inc by Gorillaz. Why? Because it's always a good feeling to win a game, and we do that a lot, so why not celebrate that Feel Good style in the locker room as well? And, let's be honest, the song is just fucking awesome.

Second we're gonna hear Like a Villain by Bad Omens. This song is just fantastic and gets the team in that mood of "let's go hit someone and be the best villain we can be." Of course, the only people who think we are the villains are the opposing players and fans, especially when we, of course, win the game.

Third, Nobody by Avenged Sevenfold. This one is simple, because the song kicks ass and we're listing the people that can beat us... Nobody.

Fourth is The Steeple by Halestorm. No real reason beyond the fack that Lzzy Hale is a kickass rock chick and has one hell of a voice.

Finally, we finish it off with Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit. Why? Listen to that one, it's a classic song that just pumps you up HARD. Great to go out and break stuff, ya know?

The Falcons are a classic team and work with a classic playlist:

1. We Will Rock You
This one should be obvious. Every time the Falcons hit the ice, they storm it with the mindset that they will be dominating all three zones.

2. The Final Countdown
The trumpet score is just too classic to pass up. It gets everyone in the right mindset and super focused. Take your mind off of the cutie you saw in the stands and get ready to play.

3. Til I Collapse
This one is for the older generation of Falcons, but it really gets them in the headspace of giving it everything they have. It's of particular interest to Roque who has been not so silently trying to position themselves as the goon of the squad. Something about tearing peoples heads off if they get too close to the goaltender.

4. Eye of the Tiger
This was a special request from the coach who is trying to explain that visualization of the puck and using your eyes makes hockey easier to play. Who needs eyes when you have instinct though?

5. We are the champions
Mainly to practice for when the Falcons finally lift the cup at the end of the season. Need to get the harmonies just right

[Image: Chairy-Falcon.jpg]

Before the season, all the players from the Detroit Falcons created a playlist. Here are the top 5 most played songs (not in order) so far this season.

1. Drake - Worst Behavior
The production goes CRAZY on this song and Drake kills it too. Absolute banger to get hyped to before games.

2. System of a Down - Chop Suey!
This is one of those songs that even if you don't listen to metal you probably still like it. It's just that good. Perfect hype up song.

3. Eminem - Lose Yourself
If you don't know the words to Lose Yourself, something is wrong with you. Everyone is rapping along to this in the locker room.

4. Green Day - Basket Case
Green Day doesn't get enough love IMO but it does in our locker room. This is one of many songs we are bumping during practices.

5. Nickelback - Burn it to the Ground
BANGER. No Nickelback slander is allowed here. Perfect song before games.

Falcons Canada

Gina Pinard is a lady of much complex musical tastes, and so most of her suggestions for the team's pregame playlists are likely to be rejected by the rest of the team, except maybe the first one out of respect for the teams branding:

The first song on the list is Surfin' USA by the Beach Boys. Obviously a great fit for the team , even tho it might not be the hardest song to vibe to and get pumped up for the game.

After that it is all personnal favorites. The next suggestion would be Good Fucking Music by Solence. Absolute Blbanger and really gets your mind in the right place, but not for everyone.

Next is Slaughterhouse by Motionless in White. Nothing hypes her more than the idea of overthrowing capitalisme and the patriarchy and screaming ONE MUTILATION, UNDER GOD.

Second to last would be Big Dick by Little Big, because you need a good laugh to relax a bit before the game and just go out there and have fun.

Finally, the three-seconds song Rumpelkombo by Alestorm followed by absolute silence and off they go

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Skyler Stevens is the captain of the Tidal and as such, takes his musical duties very seriously. His contributions to the team playlist are as follows:

1. Enter Sandman by Metallica
One of the classics, and for a very good reason. This is the song that plays to pump the team up before a big game.

2. Kingdom by Downstait
Highly underrated by most people (because a pro wrestler uses it), the hype this song creates is nearly unmatched.

3. All Roads Lead Home by Ohana Bam
This is a slower song but it emphasizes the importance of bonding and playing as a unit, and that, as a team, the locker room is home.

4. 300 Violin Orchestra by Jorge Quintero
This song is used a lot. And it’s a good one. It’s on the team playlist, but it’s more commonly used as the team exits the tunnel and steps onto the ice for the game.

5. The Game by Motörhead
Cause like, I mean, it’s time to play the game. Hockey is the game. Simple really.

Our team likes to play mostly rock and punk rock music from the 90’s to get all of ourselves in the mood before a game and fired us up. These days, we really like to listen to some Limp Bizkit before the games. The first song from Limp Bizkit is Rollin, because that song could fire anyone up and we want to roll all over our opponents. The second song from the same music group is Break Stuff, another that makes the team want to go through a wall and break everything on our way to score goals. The third song, again from Limp Bizkit, is My Way, because this is how we want to set the game tone, by imposing our own way of playing and forcing our opponents to try to keep up with us. The last two songs are from Eminem, and they are really there to make us remember that we need to be in the moments and give everything we have every moment we spend on the ice, these songs are Lose Yourself and Till I Collapse.

182 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

While I have no idea why I was entrusted with the team's pre-game playlist but here it goes

TNT - ACDC
I've always been a fan of ACDC growing up so I have to slot it into the playlist for sure. For a pump up song, it just works.

Bro Hymm - Pennywise
Reminds me of NHL 13, back when the series was still good. Makes for great arena music too.

Du Hast - Rammstein
Speaking of good arena music, this song is fantastic to get you pumped up for a hockey game and it absolutely has to be on the list.

The Boys are Back - Dropkick Murphys
Love the vibe to this song, at it also reminds me of one of the better NHL games

Hockey Song - Stompin' Tom
Imagine everyone is feeling hyped up from the previous songs and then just get this thrown at them. Obviously very thematic but I just think it would be a hilarious note to end on.

161 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

1.) Daisy The Great x AJR - Record Player: This song has a rather calming feel and great to groove to.

2.) Glass Animals - I Don't Wanna Talk (I Just Wanna Dance): The notes and tempo Glass Animals brings is often unique.

3.) Avicii - The Days: One of Gwen's favourite songs by an artist that's no longer around.

4.) twenty one pilots - Nico And The Niners: This is an artist whose songs keep flickering in an out of her playlists over the years.

5.) Hozier - Too Sweet: The reason here echoes #4, except she latched onto one of Hozier's newest songs.

Most of these songs are on the playlist genuinely because Gwendolyn loves to listen to them. Unlike many others, she doesn't listen to music to "get in the zone" or lock her into any particular mindset. She, like some others, listens to her own playlist to help keep nerves down before games. It can be thought of as her preventing anxious thoughts and nerves from causing her to falter. Once she lands on the ice though, she's ready and locked in as if she wasn't avoiding her anxiety minutes before.

ISFL PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

1. I could be the one (Avicii vs. Nicky Romero)
This song is an old but gold song that we are playing to help us channel energy into the game and focus on being differentiators throughout the games ahead.

2. Faith
This song by blasterjaxx is another classic that helps us focus before the game. Sensing a theme, the Raptors use a lot of house music to prepare for the game.

3. Under Control
Calvin Harris finally makes it into the list and represents something that we need throughout the game, control. Sensing that it means that we must be in control of our emotions as well as the game when we finally step on the ice.

4. Booyah
Celebratory and a way for us to focus and channel energy. This song helps bring up spirits of the team and is what we plan to say after goals.

5. Tsunami
A tsunami is coming and that is why we play this song. We are channeling our energy to be the big wave that overtakes the SMJHL by storm.

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

When I go to the arena begore a game, I try to listen to some music to be ready mentally for the challenge.

The first song that I want to hear, is Kickstart my Heart form Mötley Crüe.
A song that really start the engine and a great way to be ready for everything.

The Last Fight - Bullet For My Valentine
The last fight because every game is a fight and you have to be the last one standing at the end. Simple as that.

Right after I listen to My Enemy from Six Side Die.
The team on the other side of the ice is not your friends, so you have to be ready to face them.

I would go with Burn it to the ground by Nickleback (yes I know...)
I really like the beat and they will come to my city this summer!

For the last one, brand a Canadian band!
Red Flag from Billy Talent! Don't need a reason to love them and the song!

To start the "Get Going" play list we started off with

1. Cobra (Rock Remix) [feat. Spiritbox] - Megan Thee Stallion, Spiritbox. This song slaps. Feel good, look good, play good. This gets the bad bitch in everyone bumping a little and is a great way to start the vibes for the night.

Next up is

2. Cozy Forever - Kembe X. This song is just so hard not to groove to. Keeps the vibes high and gets the spirit moving.

third song up is just a classic

3. Blow Me Away - Breaking Benjamin. A hard classic song that everyone gets to feel. Just the instruments alone can get anyone going but mixed with the hype lyrics. Perfect for a pregame mix.

4th on the playlist is going to be

4. ART OF WAR (feat. Denzel Curry & Rico Nasty) - Jasiah, DenzelCurry, Rico Nasty. We wanna play violently, fast, and keep the energy up. This song hits all of these goals.

Last on the playlist will be

5. Dreams and Nightmares - Meek Mill. The perfect song to get ready to go out into. Everyone is doubting you, but you are still here. You made it this far with your hard work. Time to go show them what all that hard work has done for you.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

These are 5 songs Marian Hanak has chosen for any game the Great fall Grizzlies play at home

We ready by Archie Eversole 
This will get us and the fans hyped for these games for tonight.

Let it be” when there’s a goal challenge so when they challenge our goals for offsides or goalie interference.

"Why can't we be friends" for any line scrums/brawls so we can get the fans hyped for any type of brawls.

Right foot creep by NBA Youngboy so we can get our players fans and referees doing the griddy

Skeeyee by sexy redd this a great song everyone can relate to that is a sexy redd fan

Additional songs
3. New Orleans is Sinking - Tragically Hip : got to put a little Canadian content in here, a hard-rocking song with some intense guitar riffs, to keep up the energy levels and put everyone into a high intensity level!

4. Sabotage - Beastie Boys : keeping up with the full blast guitars here, plus another segment where everyone can get in on the chorus, Listen All Y'All It's a Sabotage!

[Image: img]