Create Account

Deep Dive #1 Season 76 Then and Now

The SHL then vs. The SHL now

Many, many long years ago, I mean real-life years, ten to be exact, my brother told me about this fun little site where you could create a hockey player and they “simmed” games and seasons and it was a lot of fun. After some convincing, I created a player and thus began the long journey to today.

My first player was a forward named Chara Brojled, Season 17 (I think). I created the player and then didn’t sign into the site for about a month. In my defense, I didn’t have internet at the time... I didn’t understand you had to update and by earning the points to update you had to do tasks. Once I figured that out, I was hooked. I loved the creative writing aspect of the tasks and once I started earning... my player got good.

I was drafted by the Seattle Riot and we won the cup I think the next year. It might have been my rookie year. Yes, I could go look it up... but I won’t. Same player became an all-star and played a long productive career back in the day when being a 1000 TPE player made you a star. Signed with a different team for a ten million dollar contract... I think it was the Texas Renegades (Forgive me if I am wrong). Anyway... like I said I was hooked.

Following that I had a player named Nucky Toohoots. Drafted to the Manhattan Rage where I won two Cups and had a hell of a fun time. Some sort of weird drama in Manhattan that I don’t recall specifically, and don’t intend to, led me travel around the league to the highest bidder for awhile. Overall, a good time, to be honest.

Next I created Ignatius Blunt. This was my favourite player. I’m not sure why, probably the name. I actually don’t really recall too much specifically about this player as I was probably partaking too much in the surname but it was fun. I was drafted by Winnipeg and.... stuff? Haha Seriously. Won a cup. That was rad. Good times. I just recall happiness with this player and my time with him.

My final player before I left the site for awhile was the one I put the most effort into off the hop. Sekai Wollker. I was in the top 5 TPE earners through juniors and was a part of the Anaheim Outlaws. This was during COVID so I was so bored and locked down and discord was my only outlet to the outside world. So many people chatted their asses off while we were stuck at home and this is where I truly made some great “friends” on the site. Until...

I was in my final season of juniors and I got traded to an expansion team by some prick GM. It wasn’t the Grizzlies fault, I enjoyed being one of the players for their inaugural season, but I got lost on the third line in what should have been an all-star season for me. My heart was kind of broken by this and my love for the site waned considerably. I was drafted 3rd overall to the Minnesota, (my highest draft ranking of all my players) and this was amazing! The team was in a rebuild so we weren’t very good but that didn’t matter. I loved the team and the people and the only reason I left was to play on a team with my brother in Calgary. I went inactive while my player Sekai Wollker declined into regression to the point I was auto-retired.

Now, not so long ago, my brother came to me and asked if I would recreate again. It had been long enough that I was over my bitterness at how much of a chore and a headache the SHL had become with crazy members and too many steps to update. I was told of the portal and I would like to take this moment to seriously thank those that created the portal. It was a complete game changer and had made creating and maintaining a player so, so, so much more fun!

My newest player is Elvar Gil-Galad. My first goalie and I was drafted by the Great Falls Grizzlies. So happy to be back there. I am very excited to rise the ranks and see where I end up in the Season 77 draft.

Thanks to everyone who runs this site and the members who make it a truly entertaining experience. Ten years come and gone so fast!

[Image: WcULpFF.png]

[Image: 3ea6a9cac336879f1063d4bf56473d18.gif]

Glad you came back! If Elvar doesn't win rookie of the year it will be a robbery

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Approved Gaia

[Image: CptSquall.gif]