Create Account

Stream Review: 4/25: Playoffs Prediction

Turns out that Champions Colorado Raptors are performing well this season and are the favorites. They just recently destroyed the Saint Louis Scarecrows in a 10-2 match up today. They are currently 5th in the league. The chances of them going back 2 back is very high for the playoffs. Nevertheless, Raptors won’t have it easy because they have some competition and their rivals are hungry to have their time under the sea. 

However as we approach the playoffs, we should analyze other teams that can give the Raptors some competition. Let’s start with the Quebec City Citadelles. Currently they are #1 in the league but didn’t have a flawless victory this week. They ended their match against Berserkers in a shootout (4-5), lost against Highlanders (2-5), and barely pulled a win against Armada (5-6) although 3rd period was a turnaround. Citadelles are the team with the highest away victories this season so far. So they will stomp you when they are on your home turf. Despite their performance, I will not place my bets on #1 team in the league for playoffs. I will provide my reasons why in a moment. 

Alright let’s continue down the list and here’s where I will give my suspension here. Although Newfound Berserkers (#2) and Carolina Kraken (#3) are currently the highest teams with the most home victories. So if you come on their turf expect you will have a hard time in succeeding a victory. Maine Timber (#4) who has who I believe should be this season’s MVP Mia Lavoie, Right Wing position, who has scored 73 points, 33 goals, and 40 assists so far in the season. Every game you see this girl on the ice shooting up points the last 3 games. Shooting accuracy is off the charts along with her teammates just crushing it. Jean-Jacques Francois, Dwayne Swanson, and Ace Guilded are the power men with Mia. They had a clear week with great performance. Honestly, I believe that at the rate Timbers are going. If I had to be a betting man, I think they have the greatest shot to win the cup overall. 

Now of course we have the San Diego Tidal as the underdog. They are an expanded team along with Ottawa Highlanders for SHJHL Tidals have been making waves and done well for themselves. They may have lost their matches that day. Let’s look at their players. Future Considerations currently has the highest rate of goals which is 33 with Daquavion Davis III taking 6th place but he is #2 in making 219 shots. Then you have Sam Volta who is a great power play and usually makes goals and scores whenever his team is in a tight situation. Although I still bank on Timbers, I can see Tidal might surprise us all in the end. 

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.