Create Account

S76 PT #4: Changing Stripes Due: Sunday, May 5th @ 11:59 PM PST

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

I have tried a bunch of IIHF teams in my time on the SHL but none of them have made me want to go back with my recreate. It's been fun being a part of France and be one of its first players but if I had to choose another nation to play for, I guess I would try either Norway or Finland. I know the fed heads of both and I get along with them. I don't know how active their locker rooms are but even then, I could chat with the people I know about the team. Finland is also always good so it would be a good way to collect some hardware because I clearly can't get it anywhere else. We'll see if I change things up again with my next player but for now, I'm okay in France. I feel most IIHF locker rooms aren't that active anyway so I'm not as bothered by those than by SMJHL or SHL LRs.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2024, 06:40 PM by ValorX77. Edited 1 time in total.)

PBE Affiliate

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Luckily, Jussi Mutou has a very clear and obvious second choice for an IIHF nation to play for. Having dual citizenship to Japan and Finland, Mutou could choose to play for either nation, but so far, has elected to play for Japan. Swapping to Finland would likely grant the young winger a different look at international play. While Japan isn’t a pushover on the international stage in recent years, Finland is a more established ice hockey nation. And the greater funding their ice hockey team receives could allow for better training for Mutou, allowing him to reach greater heights both on and off the ice. Despite all this, it is highly unlikely Mutou would switch allegiances. He has the full intention of play his way onto Team Japan in the upcoming IIHF tournament, and would love the opportunity to play with the likes of Sir Devoir, and reunite with former WJC teammates, Ho Lee-Smokes, Activity Check, and Elly Snow-Leopard.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

If I had to leave my team, which I think is Independent Russia, I would transfer to Tarkir. You might be wondering how I could transfer to a team from a fake game world in Magic the Gathering, but it's easy, I planeswalk, or I suppose I would use an Omenpath (new Magic lore woo) onto the plane of Tarkir and then we'd be able to play as Independent Russia on Tarkir.

I think it'd be really fun if we could have a "world transfer" kind of season where it's a colour rush kind of thing and a team pretends to be from a different world, universe, timeline, etc for a game or week or something.

It'd be stuff like the Fallout factions vs Star Wars planets (I think like Tatooine or something), maybe you'd get like Stormlight Archives as well. It'd be a fun little off-season activity we could do here.

hey @goldenglutes if you could play for anyyyyyy IIHF nation you wanted, which would you play for!?? 

as for me, this is a tough one since I have played for norway on my first player and immediately signed up to play for norway on my second player without a second thought - norwegian cellyotters run strongly through me! i suppose if i needed to play for another nation i may likely go with finland. i think sweden is cool too but i have some finnish friends now like leppy leppish @Leppish and he's told us lots of cool things about finland that make me think it's cool - for example, it's difficult to get the right type of apples that you like and there's a million bees everywhere that may follow you around and there's a cool drink called long drink that got popular here in the USA for a bit but originates from finland. anyway i think finland is cool and i like the northern european/scandinavian vibe that i've cultivated for my players so if not norway then finny would be my second choice.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Option 1:

If Langston was kicked out of Team Switzerland for eating all of the fondue and chocolate from the team locker room again (he said he was sorry), he would probably want to go back to Team USA, if they would have him. Langston never had any ill will towards Team USA when he declared for Team Switzerland in a transfer a few seasons ago, but felt like Team Switzerland was more in need of his services and he wanted to honor his mother. Langston only had the honor of playing for Team USA once in the WJC and was very proud to where the red, white, and blue. Additionally, Langston is currently rostered to play only on Canadian teams through his career so far, being in Yukon and a prospect in Winnipeg. He would love to give his fans stateside a reason to cheer for him and help spread the game as a player from a southern state.

[Image: F84OPdM.jpeg]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

Hmmmm if Viktor had to swap to another federation yet again, he'd probably drop dead from the anxiety. Once was enough. If he then went on to be resuscitated (going completely against his DNR-in-case-of-IIHF), you could probably trick his woozy ass into signing the transfer papers. He wouldn't outright refuse to do it, but I don't see a world in which he chooses the nation himself. So I don't know, maybe it would all come down to who hits him up in his hospital bed first, or maybe whoever does the most paperwork to save him the time and trouble. If you asked 9 year-old Viktor who he'd pick if he could, it would likely be a "smaller" federation much akin to Ireland. Teams like Latvia, Japan, and France all fall under that. For Viktor, the flag has always been infinitely less important than the opportunity to grow the sport in smaller hockey markets.

Code:
154 words

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

I mean, I'm kinda stuck being Swiss until the end of time since I. Yanno. Am one of the fed heads now.

If my player wasn't Swiss I would probably enjoy building up a smaller nation that does somewhat maintain real-life immersion. The need to stay immersed in real life rules out Ireland (though they did just win the Development Cup in real life!) This would probably guide me towards....my own fed, or something like Czechia or Latvia. Both smaller feds, both strong hockey countries IRL, and both seem to have pretty cool people around them. France may also be in the conversation since I actually applied for France when they rebranded to it. Maybe even the Russian fed, since I have long held an interest in Russian hockey and took three years of college Russian as my minor. There's a few options but I can 100% confidently say that despite the involvement of Certified Cool People I likely wouldn't ever create for USA/Canada even if I wasn't a fed head. I just don't like North American sports culture that much - and I say that as a lifelong resident

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Written #1
If my player was to play for any IIHF team other than Canada it would be Germany. I would choose Germany because I simply find myself rooting for Germany in many IIHF tournaments, they have some great players on NHL rosters including Moritz Seider, JJ Peterka, Tim Stutzle, and not to mention that one guy Leon Draisaitl. Also, the jerseys they used in the world juniors tournament from 2018 until 2022 are freaking sick. I love that design of the blend of colours coming down the shoulders into the sleeves. It's a nice pop of colour but not too much as to take away from the jersey itself. In a few years I can certainly see Germany competing more in IIHF tournaments, it seems that they have produced more prospects and players in recent years and could make a pretty competitive team, in my opinion, for IIHF tournaments or even the world cup of hockey if it were to ever return.

I think it's time we had a Quebec team in the IIHF and the WJC tournaments, and I would gladly join that team. I'm saying this not because it's 2059, with flying cars, baseball teams on the Moon, and Quebec is now a thriving independent nation. It's not because of a political viewpoint or because we live in a geopolitical fiction. Rather, it's because I believe our league has a strong French-speaking community, and including a Quebec team could increase participation and engagement in the tournaments. We could easily replace North America in the WJC and bring some balance to Canada in the IIHF. I know some hate the idea, for reasons that I sincerely think are short-sighted. I’m okay playing for any team because it fits the character I made for my player, or because I like the GM. But bring a Quebec team and my next player would join it.

Plus, it would be great to bring back the Quebec Nordiques.

WC: 171

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

Written Option 1: If for some reason you had to leave your IIHF nation today, which other IIHF nation would you choose to play for and why? An affinity for that nation, you like some of the players on it, their colors are cool, any reason is valid. If you’d outright refuse to play the IIHF tournament under a flag other than your current one, why?

If Carter Stankoven had the choice to leave team north America, I would leave and go to team usa blue, The logo is cool, the colors are cool, and they have some good mentors, and team north America is bad, OR I would like to play for team Canada because, he grew up in Vermont, and that is close to Canada, and when he was growing up, that is the world juniors team he liked, plus, the Canadian colors are inconic, like everyone knows it (unless you dont pay attention in world history class) but anyways I names 2 teams, and I need to choose one, lets narrow it down. Team USA Blue WOOOO, Not like i hate team Canada, Stankoven would like to represent in his home country. And Team USA Has more wins anyways, so that'll be cool  to be in a gold medal winning team, But hey who knows, maybe Team North America will win it next szn??

Word Count:
176 (NO PROMPT)

[Image: stank0ven.jpg?ex=664d0888&is=664bb708&hm...height=323]    

Ahh

Answering for Written Option 1:

Vaseline Podcalzone has been a loyal member of “Team Russia” since he made his international debut around Season 56 or 57. He got a great chance to not only play in the World Juniors, but also the senior IIHF squad while still being a SMJHL player for the Newfoundland Berserkers. Indeed, at one point Podz and company captured an IIHF silver medal.

With that being said, if Podcalzone were to switch IIHF allegiances, it would most certainly be to go to team Latvia. Now, this is likely out of Podz’s control and more so because of my own desires. For one, SEANY is one of my besties (at least, I would like to think of our dynamic as such). Furthermore, as a Canucks fan, we have two incredibly underrated players who are Latvian, notably being Arturs “literally a national hero” Šilovs and Theodore “TEDDY BLOOS” Blueger. All of that combined together would give me, the user known as Yosh, ample incentive to move to Latvia if given the chance. Of course, this is all hypothetical.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

A good referee communicates well. He lets players play the game. He calls only obvious fouls. He loves 5v5 hockey more than special teams. He hates players who shout to him after whistles and gives them 10 minutes penalties for a bad behaviour. What is the right word for that? We don't know really. A good referee likes to call tripping penalties and goaltending interferences because that way he protects top players in our game and punishes worse players. A good referee is a human being and not a robot. He trusts his first instinct and never goes to watch replay from the video monitor or asks help from the situation room. He trusts his own knowledge of the rules and calls situations like he sees them in a first glance. SHL referees are that kind of referees and I respect them that's why I lot. They are simply the best. Better than anyone. Better than all the rest. Like someone very famous woman once a sang. Long live the SHL referees.

[Image: salming.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)