Create Account

S76 PT #4: Changing Stripes Due: Sunday, May 5th @ 11:59 PM PST

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Written Option 1: If for some reason you had to leave your IIHF nation today, which other IIHF nation would you choose to play for and why? An affinity for that nation, you like some of the players on it, their colors are cool, any reason is valid. If you’d outright refuse to play the IIHF tournament under a flag other than your current one, why?

Written Option 2: What makes a good referee in hockey? How do you think the refs in our league do? Do you think you could improve officiating in this or any other hockey league by making any specific changes? If so, what?

Graphic Option: Draw your player accidentally bulldozing a ref or otherwise ruining his day (in or out of the game). It’s the official’s fault for being in the wrong spot, obviously.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, May 5th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.

If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S77 or S78, that's not you.

PT credit: Zerg

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Written Option 1:

If Alexa Johansen was forced to change her IIHF nation from the United States to somewhere else, there are two answers. The first and most obvious would be switching to Norway. Her father is Norwegian, Alexa speaks Norwegian, she has family in Norway that she is in contact with, and all of this together means she would be a natural fit for that team. Unfortunately, with the Scandinavian team being the one to knock out USA Blue at the last WJC tournament, Alexa has some hard feelings towards Norway, so she may not feel like joining them. This leads to a second, much stranger choice, Mexico. Alexa does speak Spanish as well, both from growing up in San Diego and from being taught by her mother. Her mother was also the reason she has Mexican citizenship, as she herself was an immigrant. Unfortunately, Alexa is not as connected to this side of her cultural heritage, and playing at the top level with the best is important to her, so if she needed to switch away from the US, she would likely swallow her pride and join Norway.

Scarecrows
[Image: Oon045t.gif]
[Image: 8KlR3Yq.png]

There is only one requirement to be a good referee in my book, and that is making sure every call you make benefits me and my team. That's right. When someone gets a little to rough with me on the dump and chase, blow that whistle! Let me hear it ring through the whole stadium. If someone gives me a little love tap when I'm making a break, that's a penalty shot! Now some other skaters might think that making sure your calls primarily benefits me and me alone is unfair. Tell them to take a hike! You and I both know what it will take to make it into the referee hall of fame. I am the owner, founder, and sole member on the referee hall of fame committee. AND I CAN BE BRIBED! I'm broke as shit, it won't cost you nothing but to make sure that I get the best calls. And if you can find a way to sneak a couple goals onto the score sheet and gaslight the league into believing that I did score them and they just forgot about it, that would be even better.

If Will Nuck had to stop playing for Germany today and find a new nation immediately, he would definitely be signing up for playing with Canada. Not only is his last name based off the cartoon character Johnny Canuck with Nuck but I am a born and raised Canadian. A big reason I did choose to play for Germany and not Canada to start was is simple, Canada has to many players already and I dont want to spend my IIHF career not playing. Its great that so many people want to play for Canada and all but it also sucks that there are not enough roster positions for the large amount of players. If I had to pick a third country it would be Switzerland just based on the fact that I lived there for 6 years and my wife and kids were all born there even though we are now living back in Canada.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Option 1:

Sir Devoir would never want to play for another IIHF nation other than Japan, as it is where he was born and he speaks fluent Japanese. He was recruited into Japan pretty much as soon as he was entered into the SMJHL pool, and he grew with the other players in Japan and has a great friendship with his fellow Japan goalie known as Base Pack. Plus, he now recently started to take the trips to have an opportunity to visit his old friends and family in the carnival he grew up with, especially his mother. Devoir loves his mom since his father is no longer with us, and he loves taking opportunities to talk with her and make sure she is ok.

He knows that some other nations may be more successful than Japan, but he can't see himself ever switching to another nation no matter what happens. Granted anything could happen, but he feels like Japan is his one true home away from home.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

PT Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

Written Option 1: If for some reason you had to leave your IIHF nation today, which other IIHF nation would you choose to play for and why? An affinity for that nation, you like some of the players on it, their colors are cool, any reason is valid. If you’d outright refuse to play the IIHF tournament under a flag other than your current one, why?

If I had to play for any other IIHF team, I'd definitely choose to play for the United States of America. They are my original and hometown team, I just had to transfer to take up the job as Independent Russia's general manager. However, the United States kinda has a log jam of players so I don't even know if I would get a chance to play for them. So if I had to choose a team besides the United States, I'd likely choose Independent Russia anyway because I have a few friends on that team (one of whom I transferred in lol). I feel like its a pretty good place for me too because we don't have many Goalies, so I can already play for our team right away instead of waiting until I have more TPE then other goalies.

[Image: adwS17A][Image: i0ZCRTJ.png]

Россия wants you! Ask for a Transfer! Join Independent Russia Today!

Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia   Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia

*Thank you Nokazoa and Squid for the sigs!

PT pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

If I had to change my IIHF nation from Latvia to a different one, I would probably choose Czechia ran by @Troy_McClure03 . I like the challenge of being in a smaller nation and not guaranteeing success but guaranteeing a spot on the team. When I first created my player it was a toss up between Latvia and Czechia and I ultimately went with Latvia as I assumed they would have less players overall. I believe Czechia is pretty small as well, they just got their WJC team entered this past season splitting up UCORCAL. After playing 2 tournaments with all the Czech playerss I think joining them would be fun. Playing for the US or Canada isn't really appealing for me and I am not sure why, I think I just like our squad being underdogs and not favourites. Maybe I create my next player as a Czech player instead of a Latvian, that is a long time in the future though.

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]

04-29-2024, 03:01 AMpuolivalmiste Wrote: Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Written Option 1: If for some reason you had to leave your IIHF nation today, which other IIHF nation would you choose to play for and why? An affinity for that nation, you like some of the players on it, their colors are cool, any reason is valid. If you’d outright refuse to play the IIHF tournament under a flag other than your current one, why?

Written Option 2: What makes a good referee in hockey? How do you think the refs in our league do? Do you think you could improve officiating in this or any other hockey league by making any specific changes? If so, what?

Graphic Option: Draw your player accidentally bulldozing a ref or otherwise ruining his day (in or out of the game). It’s the official’s fault for being in the wrong spot, obviously.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, May 5th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.

If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S77 or S78, that's not you.

PT credit: Zerg

PT pass (wrote the PT)

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Written 1

Though N'Zola has already relocated his senior national team from Switzerland to France for geographical reasons yet known to man, it would take a lot for him to leave his current national team - and if it were to happen, it would only be for Canada. First and foremost N'Zola would be able to play as a defenseman there for certain, since he has only played as a forward for France. I think moving to Canada might be the key to unlock his true potential as an offensive defenseman which would take more effect into his overall style of play for Los Angeles Panthers. Canada's talented squad could really benefit from having a well rounded defenseman who can move around the puck a lot as well as do the (dirty) deeds that a defenseman does. Other than the true facts Canada has the nicest jerseys right after France, and Georg is somewhat after aesthetics after all. It would still take a lot of convincing for him to move again.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Code:
If for some reason you had to leave your IIHF nation today, which other IIHF nation would you choose to play for and why? An affinity for that nation, you like some of the players on it, their colors are cool, any reason is valid. If you’d outright refuse to play the IIHF tournament under a flag other than your current one, why?

It is an odd thought to consider playing for any other IIHF team except team USA.  I was born there.  Raised there.  If a peanut could bleed, he'd bleed red, white and blue!  (ka-caw!).  However if something were to happen among the superhockey nation that would result in this peanut abdicating his position among the team, I would think I would try to transfer maybe to something close to a peanut's country of origin in South America.  If not there, potentially Great Britain or France if for no other particular reason than to be a Benedict Arnold.  Or would it be a Benedict Peanut?  Peanut's Benedict?  Regardless, at this point in time I find it to be much more likely to not be playing at all in IIHF as I'm not sure if another country would be willing to accept as openly an andromorphic peanut play for their team.  Go USA!

Option 1:

Currently Song Ju-gong belongs to no IIHF nation, so there wouldn’t really be one to leave. Obviously if Korea was an option, he would play there without a second thought. There are a few nations he would consider playing for though should the opportunity arise. The three nations at the top of this list would include Japan, Canada, and Russia. Ju-gong has been to Japan many times to play hockey, and has many connections there along with knowing some of the cities. Canada is where he has played his entire professional career, currently with Quebec, but eventually with Montreal as well. Russia is the place where Ju-gong trained and learned the most over a summer-camp, and owes a lot of his game to that event. All three of these nations would be logical choices for the young Korean who is unable to play for his home nation. While some of the other nations could potentially make a bid, it would take much more convincing until he has more connections in those other nations.

PBE Affiliate

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures!