Create Account

S76 PT #4: Changing Stripes Due: Sunday, May 5th @ 11:59 PM PST

option 1

sebastien regazzoni would never consider switching his iihf affiliation to any other nation. while being left off of last year's switzerland team stung (he was ineligible so that's fair), he is a proud swissman born and raised in the city of bern (switzerland's hockey capital not named davos), and since the country borders both germany and france, he would never consider playing for such close rivals. his agent, mitchell van der heijden, was born in the netherlands but opted to play for the swiss internationally, and he stressed the importance of stability on the international stage to his client. plus, regazzoni, as previously mentioned, would never switch nations. he's been affiliated with the swiss his whole life, he loves his nation, and sees no real reason to change nationality due to this. plus, he's won a medal with his nation, and wants to get the swiss that elusive second gold.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Option 1:

If Cale was leaving his nation he would join either the British isles or Japan. Both have their own reasons. Joining the British would be like joining the motherland for him coming from Canada to join the people that really brought them to North America in the first place and with the history and the strong connection with the nation it would make sense. The other nation that Cale would more likely follow would be to Japan. With a incredible history and amazing logo and colour schemes it seems like a no brainer to head to that incredible nation. Of course having teammates Evil AllBran and Base Pack being part of that nation wouldn’t hurt for the familiarity with the team. Both speak very highly of the nation and their on ice success speaks for itself! Cale would have no problem joining either of these great nations. But in reality wearing the Canadian Flag on the front of his journey is the best and greatest honour one could have!

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2024, 10:51 AM by tomtommen. Edit Reason: italic )

Written Option 1: If for some reason you had to leave your IIHF nation today, which other IIHF nation would you choose to play for and why? An affinity for that nation, you like some of the players on it, their colors are cool, any reason is valid. If you’d outright refuse to play the IIHF tournament under a flag other than your current one, why?

So is there any other team in the IIHFs that Tom Pedersen would rather play for? Let’s see.
We will make a list over all the teams and check out.
Team CANADA: No. Canada has always been too dominant in the hockey world.
Team CZECHIA: No, but I don’t hold a grudge towards them or anything.
Team FINLAND: Finland would be the second choice. Fellow introverts.
Team FRANCE: Hell no. Merde. I would rather play for Austria.
Team GERMANY: Nein.Ich will nicht.
Team GREAT BRITAIN: No. I don’t fancy tea.
Team IRELAND: No. Irish commercials are still made like in the 80s.
Team JAPAN: No. Even though Japan is like a really cool place I’d love to visit, they are arch enemies in the IIHFs.
Team LATVIA: No, but nothing against them.
Independent RUSSIA: No way in hell, fuck no. I would retire and leave the sim if it came to that. Just no chance in hell. Totally out of the question.
Team SWEDEN: No, Even though I have lived there and really miss it they are still the team to beat. The most important game ever.
Team SWITZERLAND: No. But nothing against them. I really like wiener schnitzels.
Team UNITED STATES: Nope. I even have problems with like half the states and prefer to play for a Canadian team on a daily basis.
Team NORWAY: Yes as long as they need me I will don the Norwegian national jersey and give it all. There is really no other team to play for, for Tom Pedersen.

Words: 257

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Written Option 1: If for some reason you had to leave your IIHF nation today, which other IIHF nation would you choose to play for and why? An affinity for that nation, you like some of the players on it, their colors are cool, any reason is valid. If you’d outright refuse to play the IIHF tournament under a flag other than your current one, why?

Alexandros currently plays for Ireland (just had a bronze medal win yay!) and actually moved from Canada from Ireland so I would say if I were to move it would be back to Canada. Alexandros was Canadian born so that was their initial preferred IIHF home. The reason he chose to switch when asked by the Ireland federation and would have only chosen Ireland or Italy to switch to are because those are his family’s roots, or at least the ones he identifies with most. So, if I were to switch again my first pick would definitely be to return to Canada, “home is where the heart is”, is what they say and I don’t think I could see myself playing many other places at least with this player. Even taking a quick look at the teams again at the federations, I don’t think any others would have been able to pull me not even one like Sweden or any other of the big powerhouse winners.

-166 words

Option 1

Within the scope of just the WJC tournament, Ylib would go back and play for Team World like he did in his rookie season. Even though it seemed like Czechia was able to claim the transfer soon enough from an outsider's perspective, the WJC admin work meant that young Kove played to represent the entire Earth in last season's tournament. The team vastly exceeded expectations and earned a silver medal so Ylib would happily go back if playing for Czechia was not an option. However, the long-term potential for success of Czechia seems to be a great selling point for the team and it's best to gain chemistry with future line mates in the upcoming tournaments. Also, Team World dissolves into more specific nations for the IIHF so sticking with them would only last a maximum of 3 seasons. If Czechia wasn't an IIHF option, Kove would probably just go to whichever IIHF team that most of his former World teammates end up playing for.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Option 1
This is a tough hypothetical scenario to look at. Which other IIHF nation to choose if not my own? I have never considered it before and I will only look at this purely hypothetically. What would make the most sense? One thing is clear: not Sweden. I mean, any nation but Sweden - really. The only one that comes to mind is Team Canada. I lived there as an infant, but I don't remember anything about it. Then I moved there again when I was 15 and have lived in various places in the country ever since. My dad has lived in Canada for something like 30 years by now and my half-siblings were born here too. Those are all the arguments I can think of and I don't have any similar connections to other IIHF nations. But would I make the switch even if I had the choice? Very unlikely. I probably wouldn't even make the team, so I'll gladly stay with Team Finland.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

[Image: BwEWwAP.png]

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
[Image: p82ugau.png]

PBE Affiliate:

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=713815

While I have really enjoyed joining Czechia with Jennifer, there are a few different IIHF teams I would consider playing for. First is Finland. I’ve always liked Carpy, Rash, and Sburb, and the Finland blue and white is one of my favorite color schemes in the IIHF, as simple as it may be. I may love Czechia, but red, white and blue is far from unique in the land of IIHF. Although speaking of those three colors, Norway would be another one that would be great to play for. Hannah is fantastic and they’ve done a great job adding new young talent to their roster. The final one I would have interest playing for is Switzerland. They’ve been very strong in recent IIHF tournaments, and Valpix is someone who’s very dedicated to both Switzerland and the SHL in general. Overall, while I do love Czechia and would never leave, those are a few of the other nations I would have no issues playing for.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Written Option 2:

The best quality a ref can have is definitely the ability to get the hell out of the way. If I have to maneuver around a ref, then he's in the wrong spot. Get out of the way, end of discussion. Ideally, they'd be floating around on wires above the ice, but I guess we don't have 1800s circus technology in hockey yet. I would never blame a player for running into a ref, it's too fast and too crowded out there. Get one of the refs in the press box making calls with a headset. No need for that many guys on the ice. Obviously you want good communication, so I'm not saying to go fully robotic because there needs to be live and active talking about things with the refs, but there are too many guys on the ice. As just stated, good communication skills are important too. Don't need to be guessing what's going on in a ref's head, they've gotta be able to say what they're thinking to your face.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

There are quite a few factors that can make a ref stamd out from the sea of refs out there. Some might think that being strict to the rulebook is the play, and some might think letting the players play is the play. I think that balance and finding an even ground between the two is a lost art and what really differentiates a great ref from a good ref. Yes, rules need to be followed, but Hockey isn't a sport with the benefit of hindsight and retroactive calls. Things happen in real time and that includes calling the game. This means that occasionally, mistakes will happen. I think it's important for refs to ref fairly, and when they realize they make a mistake, they can't look to have a make up call soon after. You made a mistake, move on, and ref the rest of the game the way you normally would have if you didnt make that mistake. The last thing you want from a ref is someone who is constantly over compensating.

Quote:Written Option 1: If for some reason you had to leave your IIHF nation today, which other IIHF nation would you choose to play for and why? An affinity for that nation, you like some of the players on it, their colors are cool, any reason is valid. If you’d outright refuse to play the IIHF tournament under a flag other than your current one, why?

If I would have to leave my IIHF nation Canada I do not think there is another nation I would play for. The only nation I have ties to other than Canada is Austria and it does not exist any more. People may ask me to play for Switzerland or Germany, but it is simply not the same even if we speak the same language I could never play for a place like Germany. For once, they put sauce on their Schnitzel which is just a pure travesty and no one should support things like this. Why do you take the time to make something super crispy and nice and then drown it in sauce which makes the batter horrible and soggy? You do not need sauce for something like a Schnitzel to taste good, it tastes fine on its own and should only come with potato salad and cranberry jam on the side. If you want sauce on your Schnitzel make it an unbattered, cooked piece of meat. This is very important to me.

175 words

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

Well, Deth Klaw is currently unaffiliated so he has no IIHF team at the moment. Klaw chose to stay unaffiliated so he could choose his own federation. Klaw is open to any federation, but only 2 have reached out in the 2 seasons since he joined the SHL. Klaw did win a silver medal with team World in the WJC last season, and hopes to compete there again this season, but will probably choose a federation once the transfer window opens next season. At this time, Klaw is choosing between the Swiss and the Czechian feds. Switzerland is a lot easier to spell and has really nice mountains, chocolate, and of course a great banking system but the Czechs have been very persistent in recruiting him, so he is kind of dreading making a decision. Perhaps another fed will reach out before he makes a decision, so Klaw isn't any feds player just yet! (154 words)

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

PT Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!