Create Account

S76 PT #4: Changing Stripes Due: Sunday, May 5th @ 11:59 PM PST

Written Option 1: If for some reason you had to leave your IIHF nation today, which other IIHF nation would you choose to play for and why? An affinity for that nation, you like some of the players on it, their colors are cool, any reason is valid. If you’d outright refuse to play the IIHF tournament under a flag other than your current one, why?

I suppose if I were to select one country to change my allegiances to it would likely be Canada. Seeing as I do hail from there myself and as it turns out they kind of suck in the game anyway. Normally, I would think US and Canada would be overly dominant given the userbase but predictably so everyone wants to mix it up and go somewhere else instead.

My initial player Chance Winston was Canadian as well before he went full heel turn and not only changed his team to Russia but even changed his entire name to Luka Zaitsev. Leaving his family speechless and crushed. Maybe one day Florian Hascek will make things right, become Canadian and change his name to Chance Winston, coming full circle inside of this sick world of simulated sport.

Until that day however, I will still look forward to the opportunities to represent the Czechia nation and do right by them. My father Martin Hascek (PHL shoutout) was Slovakian and this is about as good as I can do for him.

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]

I would sooner retire than change from the greatest IIHF nation in this league.  Czechia has been my home since I've started in this league, way back in the Troy Jr. days. I'm sure other nations are great and I'm not dissing them in any way,  but Czechia is 1000000% the bestia. There are many reasons why Czechia is the best,  and I'm actually doing a 13 to 14 part media about why ?? Czechia is the greatest, and it's the people.  I'm not going to go through the entire list of everybody,  but what I will say is that are all great and amazing people who I'm honored to share the nation with.  I'm actively working on improving our discord even further and trying to give everyone there own platform to share personal hobbies and experiences as well. 

I'm conclusion I would rather retire than be forced out of the greatest IIHF nation,  Czechia.  Love you fellow citizens!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Option 1:

If I were to leave the best IIHF Federation there is in Switzerland  Switzerland  Switzerland , I would probably go to ....NOWHERE. I would boycott the tournament and set up my own evil state at the North Pole like Santa Deth Claws and pillage the Scandinavian countries of their best players. Norway would be first to fall, followed by Finland and Sweden. UK would slowly be eaten from the inside and the mainland countries of France, Germany, Austria, and Czechia would fade into dust. Russia would put up a small fight but they will fall to my army of elves. Ireland would remain unconquered because elves vs leprechauns is a wash. Japan can continue doing their own thing and, contrary to their own beliefs, no one cares about Canada and USA. Any holdouts in 5 seasons time would probably just give up and allow my empire of ICE to spread over the whole world.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

# 2
What is it like to be a referee? A ref has a lot of power in the game of hockey some can say they decide who wins games when they play favorites and call really bad penalties. In the SHL the refereeing is top notch I mean how can it not be. They are all computer generated they know all the rules like the back of their hands. Computers have no favourites they just call the game how they see it. I mean sure we get upset when we lose games because of bad penalties and stuff but really it’s not the referees fault here in the SHL it’s all on the players if they get a penalty here they fucking deserve it. This is why SHL hockey is like no other the referees are amazing here. I think the world of hockey could learn a thing or two from the simulated hockey league. If the NHL reffed like the SHL does the leafs may have won a cup recently. But really the leafs wouldn’t win even if they had shl refs the players love golf too much to lose their summers to hockey!

[Image: cuffana.png]

The easy answer, and the one that surely makes the most sense for Derek Martin is Canada, and that would perhaps be the answer. The only thing that would change that would be if Quebec had its own team, but this isn't the case. In the case of Martin, he's in fact canadian, but his dual citizenship stemming from his Irish lineage is what brought him to commit to the irish national team all that time ago. Although he's proud to have grown up in Mont St-Grégoire, Quebec, he's all that much prouder of where his family comes from, as both his maternal and paternal grand-parents immigrated to Canada in the 50's, and stories of his youth built up all this pride, he felt compelled to make the move. That said, Canada offered so much to him : a home, an identity, a life free of worry, and he's grateful for all that. To this day, he's proud of both identities, and the choice to play for Canada wouldn't be easy to make, but would be the one Martin would do if he had to choose.

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

Code:
Written Option 1: If for some reason you had to leave your IIHF nation today, which other IIHF nation would you choose to play for and why? An affinity for that nation, you like some of the players on it, their colors are cool, any reason is valid. If you’d outright refuse to play the IIHF tournament under a flag other than your current one, why?

Oddly enough I happened to stumble in to picking Germany way back on my first player and it's turned out to be a wonderful decision filled with several gold medals across my first gen player and now my current player. If I were to leave Germany though I would opt to join either Sweden or Finland. No wild reason in particular, I just really like their colors and the Scandinavian way of life. I'd probably opt for a cool Swedish name too. Slap some extra s's in there. It doesn't hurt that 2 of the all time great Senators are Swedish as well, Alfredsson and Karlsson, the latter of which my account is named after. To top it all off both Sweden and Finland are quality squads that regularly perform well and win medals frequently, which is always a lovely bonus to have in the off-season while you wait for the SHL to return.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Affiliate PBE PT

Written Option 1: If Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava for some reason had to leave the Team Sweden IIHF nation today, another one of other IIHF nations he would choose to play for would probably have to be team Canada or team Latvia. The reason Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava would choose to play for team Canada is because he is currently living in Canada playing for the Yukon Malamutes and was also drafted by the Toronto North Stars so he sees Canada as a second home and a place where he plans to invest a lot of the next decade or more too. Also Canada is known to have the best hockey players in the world so why would you not want to be part of that team. Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava would want to play for team Latvia as well because he has heard great things about the team from his mentor Mats Marner who use to captain the team

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Code:
Graphic Option: Draw your player accidentally bulldozing a ref or otherwise ruining his day (in or out of the game). It’s the official’s fault for being in the wrong spot, obviously.

[Image: udeTdEX.png]

Whoops!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

(1)

You know I am so glad this prompt came up because I have been thinking about it a lot recently. If I had to leave my IIHF team I could see me playing for Sweden above all others. I don't care particularly if they are bottom dwellers or in first, I have always had a great love for our Swedish friends. For my player it's simple, they are the epitome of excellence. Sorry Canada, it's just the truth. They've been a dominant force since the 80s and continue to this very day. For me personally, I have always loved Sweden and being from a state that was founded and settled by the Swedes; I feel like its a true welcome home chance. In real life, I had the pleasure of being within about 30 feet from the King and Queen during their visit to Wilmington some years back. Imagine meeting them with a gold medal.

Option 2

A good referee is one who makes their impact on the game minimal. You should never look back at a game and feel like the game was decided by anything but the players. The hard part there is figuring out how to decide to enforce the rules fairly and accurately on the fly. Let's be honest, penalties could be called damn near any play of any major professional sport. Good referees will only call the most egregious ones, and have to wade through lots of flopping, borderline issues, clean aggressive play and bad angles...all in real time. Especially in playoff games where the scrutiny and weight of each of their calls is magnified, it can be more important than normal to not only be right but to be fair. No one wants to watch a game where one team is on the power play 90% of the game (even if it's arguably deserved). Refs pretty much hold the line between games being entertainment and competition, and it's important to the health of the league that each game is both.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Written Option 2

As a referee myself, I have many an opinion on officiating. To me, a referee only does their job when applying the rulebook. Save for when explicitly relevant, I believe a referee applying their own discretion to calls is a dereliction of duty. However, as you can imagine there's many opinions on this and having egotistical partners disagree rather strongly has led me to leave officiating behind. There are many officials who, in spite of training and certification preaching applying the rulebook as written, still cling to their schools of "impact calls", and "gameflow", despite the rebuttal that was offered at my last recertification clinic: by not making call, you *are* having an impact on the game. It is the players who commit the offences, after all, the officials are merely to react to them. I think Hockey Canada's doing a wonderful thing on paper in trying to change the culture of the game with an expanded discrimination rule, and any rude and abusive behaviour being able to be penalized by a misconduct, but a massive hurdle to overcome right now is referees who refuse to apply these rules this way.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

I think being a good referee in hockey would entail someone who is fair in calling penalties, and not having biases or a "make up call" mentality where each team has to have the same number of penalty calls. Some teams will just be more aggressive and play more on the edge than other teams, and that does mean sometimes that more penalties would be called on such a team. Game management is another thing that referees confuse with giving each team chances to catch up to the other team. No! Game management should mean that players need to be warned to watch their behaviour and if they cross the line that they need to be penalized. Whether that is unsportsmanlike conduct, dirty play or hits that are borderline, if these moves go unchecked then the players will take the law into their own hands. That is what game management should be instead of what it is now.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

A good referee is one that stays out of the game and does not go out of the way to be unjust to one team. They are truly a 3rd party observer whose only goal is to make sure that the game is played out fairly. They are also observant enough to not get in the way of the puck and only over turn something when confident. I feel that our organization does a good job of this due to how the refs are chosen by a 3rd party program FHM - FHM only selects top tier refs to officiate and helps to make sure the game is played out in a fair manor. If it were up to me I would allow teams to challenge refs based on bias - kind of like before a court trial both sides can eliminate a set number of jurors. Each team should be able to "ban" a ref from officiating in their arena. If for some reason a ref is banned everywhere they would lose their ref spot and the organization would look for someone else to become a ref. I think this would help to keep the refs in line who might be bias towards a certain team or region.

Falcons Hockey fan for life. I pack the heat and score the goals!   Barracuda

[Image: Point_Celly-13020730.gif] 

Hattricked:

Graphic Option:

[Image: UV2swpy.jpeg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]