Create Account

S76 PT #4: Changing Stripes Due: Sunday, May 5th @ 11:59 PM PST

[Image: BgEitW7.jpeg]

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

Option 2:

Refereeing is aways a controversial topic. They are highly scrutinized and there's a lot of pressure on them to call the games properly. It's a mighty tough job though, I will give them that. Every fan think their team is getting the short end of the stick and it seems like refs can never win. It's a thankless job, but unfortunately it needs to be done and done properly to ensure the fairest games possible.

To be honest, there's one thing, one big thing, that I want from our refs. I want consistency. I want the penalty called in regular season game 1, period 1 to be a penalty in game 7 of the playoffs in the third period. I truly believe that's the biggest issue with refereeing. As players we want to know what's a penalty. Call the standard and keep the standard the same every game. That way there's no guessing, no arguing, nothing. Every player knows what to expect. I think our refs do a good job considering the tough nature of the job. Just keep it consistent.

(181 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

pt pass fileworker

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

The best referee's in any sports are those that don't take shit from anyone. While players will listen to a whistle and respect a rule book they will always be rowdy if they don't respect the person with the whistle. Being able to either be amicable with the players shows that you don't think you are better than them just because you are a referee. The same with not taking a backwards step, always give a warning but if a player continues to talk back and question your decision then a referee needs to take action. If they don't then the players will continue doing this which will lead to players eventually getting out of control. This will mean there are fights and other extra curriculars that will make the job of a referee all the more challenging. Basically don't be a dick head to the teams but don't take a backward step.

written prompt 1 the first one out of the two

so fun fact about binko koivu he was born in namibia and therefore was not assigned to an international ice hockey federation upon birth nor upon turning 18 years old and upon being drafted to the sim major junior hockey league or the sim hockey league. now which iihf nation did binko end up picking since he could go to any of them that he wanted to? well that is an excellent question and the answer is that binko chose none of them! binko has decided that he is taking a stand against international hockey and would rather not play in international competitions than play for one of the federations! now some may think that he is taking a stand for political reasons but actually it is because binko just kind of feels like not playing any international hockey and finds it fun to not do any of that so that is his personal reasons and that is it!

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2024, 04:20 AM by dankoa.)

Written Option 1

This is an easy one for me, as besides the IIHF nation I am currently a part of there is only one that I have an affinity with and that is Finland. My last significant career in the SHL with Kaarlo Kekkonen saw me represent Finland in a great number of IIHF tournaments, enjoying a high level of success as part of a roster absolutely loaded with talent, culminating in two gold medals which I treasure to this day. Beyond just the success we achieved as a team on the ice, I look back fondly on being part of a great locker room with a number of really cool people who I still have a lot of time for to this day. Although I had a very brief stint as part of Norway with my last failed player, the only team outside of my current one I would really ever think of going back to would be Finland, and who knows, it definitely could happen when I decide to recreate and bring a new player into the league.

Code:
178 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Option 1

Well, Inge Baardsen is a proud Norwegian for sure, but the decision to switch could be made easier for him, by him being passed over his first 2 seasons in the league for Team Norden at the WJC. A third time this season, especially after a historically physical season, might see him end up elsewhere. Now where, that is an interesting question!
Obviously, the easiest thing to do would be to go to another Scandinavian nation, Denmark haven’t been great, historically, and no longer boast a team. Finland have always been a strong hockey nation, as have Sweden. Either of those would be a great shout and a good possibility for medals! However, one federation that is on the up happens to include Inge’s teammate and friend, Troy McClure IIII, that team is Czechia. Maybe he should move there and help this up and coming federation reach the potential it undoubtedly has?

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

PBE PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Option 2

The toughest job in the hockey industry has to be refereeing. Think about it, they do something wrong or "miss" something, a whole city of fans are looking to attack. I think the refs in this league do a decent job at keeping the flow of game going and calling the penalties they need to. Do they miss calls? Of course, it happens. They are human just as much as the players. I think you have to let some of the little things go just to keep hockey honest. You know what I mean? Was the hit a little late? Maybe. Did it cause harm? Nope. Let it play on. I think letting some things go helps the flow of the game and creates the atmosphere that the hockey community loves. The officiating can be bad if not done correctly, so I understand how some people do like the flow of the game argument. I think as long as the refs call the game correctly, consistently, and fairly, you'll have a good game.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

If I were to leave IHF nations, I would go back to Latvia. Prince Marius’s dad Victor is a IHF Hall of Famer, who played many seasons with Latvia to varying degrees of success. Going back to play for the whole nation would be a awesome experience for both Prince Marius, as well as the country of Latvia, however having already won an IHF gold medal with Germany and the leadership of being the leadership crew at Prince Marius plays for Buffalo, Forces a Hand abit.

Because the IHF season is so short winning is all that matters, especially with Hall of Fame in the church directory for Prince Marius.

The team that Marius would like to play for the least would be United States of America the share number of players they have as well as the stinky fact of their Americans makes it an awful place to play

Jaromir Jagrbomb's name has a bit of a Czechian vibe in it, for some reason. He probably has some kind of roots in the country, although he represents Finland on international level. Who knows. Anyways, thus I think it would be natural to join team Czechia, if I had to choose. Also, Czechia's lion logo is pretty coold and kind of similar to the Finnish coat of arms often used in Team Finland hockey. Czechia is also not too far from Finland, so it wouldn't be too different to travel there for national team events. And the location right in the middle of Europe is quite nice, becuause it would be very easy to see a lot of different countries and different cities while visiting Czechia. There's Prague, then just around the corner there's Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich, Vienna, Bratislava, Warsaw, Paris, Budapest. A lot of big, buzzing cities with a lot of variation in terms of food, culture etc.

[Image: sulov.gif]

[Image: photostudio-1714752954540.jpg]

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

The refs in our league are absolutely garbage. Just like the NHL, they are blind and barely know the rulebook. I remember this season I had a slashing call against me. Mr. Official said I slashed Brayden Point when he merely flopped and skated into the wall. The refs could be a lot better. Hopefully the refs in the SHL are better than the ones in the juniors. Currently, every single penalty they call against me is the wrong call. MattyJ has never committed a penalty in his career. He has such good control of his stick and body that is impossible for him to commit a penalty. That just shows how abysmal the refs currently are. If I were to make a change I would make the switch to robo refs. Flying drones around the rink that make all the calls. This change would make the league much fairer and more entertaining for our fans.

[Image: mattyj.png]

Code:
Written Option 2: What makes a good referee in hockey? How do you think the refs in our league do? Do you think you could improve officiating in this or any other hockey league by making any specific changes? If so, what?

Officiating in any sports has got to be one of the hardest jobs on the planet. Or at least one of the most scrutinized. The hard part for these people is that the only time they aren’t going to be blamed is if they are completely unnoticed. It is similar to like an offensive lineman in football. If you never hear their name, you know they are doing a good job. The game of hockey is so fast, that there are going to be calls that are missed. The best thing to do is try and rely heavier on the technology that is now available to us. Replay is an incredibly useful tool, but we can’t use it for everything. A lot of times it is just up to the referee’s discretion, which is going to cause a lot of fans to be upset. There really is not much else that can be done though. These people are often damned if they do and damned if they don’t. Best thing to do is to allow some grace, and understand that they are trying their absolute best.

186 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

I think if Dan Johnston decided to defect from playing for the wonderful nation of Canada, he would likely join up with his heritage and join the Irish fed. Dan's mothers family all emigrated from Ireland way back when. Plus the Irish uniforms and colors just look great together. The green, orange and white just compliment each other. Besides looks Ireland has always been a pretty strong and competitive nation who would benefit from a strong defensive presences like Dan back there. Combining that with the strong goaltending provided by Kavanagh and McStopper and the offensive firepower in McBride and Slappahan and you have a formidable opponent who should be able to compete for many years into the future. But in saying all of this Dan really has no plans in leaving the mighty Canadian Nation so this is all just speculative fake news propaganda for the purpose of earning some TPE.

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures