Create Account

S76 PT #4: Changing Stripes Due: Sunday, May 5th @ 11:59 PM PST

Written Option 1: If for some reason you had to leave your IIHF nation today, which other IIHF nation would you choose to play for and why? An affinity for that nation, you like some of the players on it, their colors are cool, any reason is valid. If you’d outright refuse to play the IIHF tournament under a flag other than your current one, why?

For some reason, unforeseen for Furious Chicken the IIHF nation of France needed to close down, and it is time for Furious Chicken to look ahead at some other nations. Back when Furious Chicken needed to choose, and eventually chose for France Chicken had talks with some other nations, the one that instantly springs out is Latvia, who would have been the choice back then if France was not there. But of course there are some other options, where Chicken could look at joining one of the big nations right now for a bigger shot at getting an IIHF championship, the likes of the united states, where Chicken had some talks with before through one of its members. One other options could be Ireland, where back then there were quite a few users from the SSL, but it was already full back during that time, but maybe there is a spot now.

(152 words)

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

Jarrod Lakemore currently represents Latvia, thought originally Lakemore played for Britain, which as a new user was strictly a lore thing since Lakemore was born in Liverpool. It is possible I am a fan of the soccer team there (do NOT talk to me about this season). I didn't really know anyone in Britain though, but in juniors Britain played on the British Isles team which included Ireland. There was a large number of Irish players that were in my draft class (S68) and our draft class was pretty close, so if Lakemore were to choose a new IIHF nation, Ireland would make the most sense. It actually was a consideration before Lakemore committed to Latvia, and funnily enough, had Lakemore switched to Ireland (and assuming all WJC/IIHF results remained the same), he would completed the quadruple in just 5 seasons, winning the SMJHL with QCC in S69, the S70 WJC with British Isles, the SHL with Buffalo in S71, and the IIHF in S71 with Ireland. Still, no regrets! (172 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Code:
Written Option 1: If for some reason you had to leave your IIHF nation today, which other IIHF nation would you choose to play for and why? An affinity for that nation, you like some of the players on it, their colors are cool, any reason is valid. If you’d outright refuse to play the IIHF tournament under a flag other than your current one, why?

If Levin suddenly had a change of heart and decided to stop representing Switzerland at the international level, I think he would try to represent a very, very small hockey nation in the neighbouring countries, like Italy or even Belgium. He wouldn't want to play for a country where the hockey tradition is already established, as he would have to work just as hard as he's doing right now to get on their line-ups. Basically, what Levin would want is guaranteed first line minutes, and becoming the figurehead of the hockey movement in a country where the sport isn't traditionally on the forefront. Although it can be said that hockey is not the biggest sport in any European nation except for Finland, countries like Germany, Czechia, France and Austria already have a solid hockey tradition - so it would be better to grow the game in places where football (soccer, for the North Americans) is basically untouchable.

(160 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Option 1 
If I was going to join another IIHF nation I think I would choose one of the smaller eastern European nations such as Cvechia, Poland, Ukraine etc. The challenge of going up against the big powerhouses like United States, Canada and Russia would be a lot of fun and make it that much better if you snagged a medal. Winning as one of the smaller teams would be a huge accomplishment. Another fun choice would be Ireland, because come on. Talk about a party. Great food, lots a beer, good whiskey. Who care if you win or lose. Every tournament would be a huge party. If you're going to get to travel around the world playing hockey you might as well have fun yeah?

With that said, I've had some good success playing for the United States so I'm still proud and excited to rock the Red, White and Blue.(153 words)

[Image: hudson.png]

O1

IF nash had to leave his homeland of Finland and play for any other team, I think we would just take a stroll across the border to the lovely country of Sweden. Although we are always butting heads with each other, Nash would always prefer to play for a Scandinavian nation over anything else. Yeah yeah were all European now with Finland and Sweden joining the Eu, but it comes down to making sure Nash is as comfortable as he can possibly be. Sweden has a long tenure of being on top of their game as well similar to the last few seasons of finnish hockey so, because Finland isn't an option, i guess sweden it is. Nash does have a lot of friends in Sweden in the SHL so I think they would feel pretty comfortable playing together. Having to train in the US or canada would also be awfully difficult and Nash would always prefer to be closer to home.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

[Image: cl5MKIF.jpeg]

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

PBE Affliate

[Image: 2C932D37-514E-45EA-95D8-45C16F70520B.jpg...cd072524d&]

pt pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

[Image: bJJ9VVa.png]

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

PBE Affiliate

Credit to Meo for the sig
[Image: image.png?ex=6578da45&is=65666545&hm=61c...d8861e9fc&]

04-29-2024, 03:01 AMpuolivalmiste Wrote: Written Option 2: What makes a good referee in hockey? How do you think the refs in our league do? Do you think you could improve officiating in this or any other hockey league by making any specific changes? If so, what?

What makes a referee a good referee? Fairness, Consistency and Accuracy. that's my opinion of a good Referee, One that doesn't lose his head or take things personally on the ice you need to leave all that aside and stay professional no matter what. The Referees in the SMJHL are very consistent, however in my opinion calls do not get called frequently enough only  66 PIM for the league leader. Seems a bit low compared to the NHL and even a fraction lower than the SHL. I feel like people are getting away with a lot and that needs to change.

I'm no zebra! Don't wanna be and never will be. The rules of the league are fair and no changes are needed. Just need tougher officiating. If there's a penalty CALL IT! we should have plenty of players up near 100 PIM and we just don't have that, which tells me whistles are staying in the pockets of the Refs

WC 167

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: 53556226276_2eace1e209.jpg]
Bleed Black and Gold
[Image: malamutes.png]LD #6 Dash Jackson- Yukon Malamutes Blizzard
[Image: 53364500956_b676deb89a_w.jpg]

option 1

I could never leave my IIHF nation of the United States of America. I feel like I would betray my country if I did. I don't care if the USA hockey is already stacked and I could possibly not make the team. I want to see them succeed and that's it. But I guess if USA hockey somehow didn't exist anymore, I'd have to swear allegiance elsewhere. Therefore, I'd choose either Canada or France. I'd choose Canada because its the closest nation to where Leonard Wood is from geographically. Plus, I'd still also be representing North America if I were on Team Canada. Otherwise, I'd choose France because Leonard Wood is mostly of French heritage. His family came from France to Quebec then his father ultimately settled in Wisconsin. And Madison, Wisconsin is where Leonard Wood currently resides. All other nations would not even be considered.

[Image: Leonard-Wood-1.jpg?ex=65e9fdaf&is=65d788...3d17ea60e&]

Option 1:

Many people are aware of some of my story. I started hockey late back home growing up in Czechia, compared to the other kids. I registered for the SMJHL draft without even knowing if I’d be picked or not. I was the kid with the mature game for his age, read the game well, but didn’t excel in any one skill area. And yet, here I am – an SHL rookie, a Four-Star Cup winner in juniors, and soon will compete in my fourth IIHF tournament already in just my first professional season. But what you may not know is that I had a choice of which country I represent. My parents are both of Czech origin, but my father was actually born in Portland, OR. He met my mother while working at a craft brewery there, while she was over from Pilsen for University. Love blossomed, dad got into the idea of running his own craft brewery back in Europe, and Pilsen’s immediate connections both through mom’s family, and the history of beer made it a natural destination. I was born there, but my dad is technically American. That tie, combined with being here for four years now, I’ve got a little bit of American pride at times. Therefore, if I were to ever switch allegiances in International Play, the USA would be my choice. That said, I don’t envision ever switching so it’s all irrelevant really.

\

If I were to leave France, I'd probably go to Germany. I was actually approached by them not too long before I moved to France and I have a lot of respect for their team as well as their Fed Head. In terms of history and comedy, Germany is definitely lacking. In terms of music, Germany is a very important place, not only for yodeling but also for techno and krautrock. Kendrick Lamar is on the top of my mind and at the end of the day this is about germany but let me have one sentence about Kendrick. He just called drake a pedo this is insane. Anyway back to Germany and why they are somewhat cool. For one their beer is cheaper than water and they have a lot of history. In terms of france, it has rivers, french people and baked goods. I think both are great and interesting choices, but I think Germany would be cool in some way shape or form. - Pass Forfeit

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

If Lily was not a part of Latvia, I believe that she would want to play for Japan in the IIHF. Being from Australia initially, Japan is the closest IIHF region globally to Australia. Additionally, as her work as a KPOP star, Lily performs multiple concerts, fan meetings, and other activities and activations in Japan annually. Japan is a pretty competitive region in the IIHF, so Lily would fit in great as a later line piece as she progresses through her career. Of course, she would never want to leave Latvia, but if she did I think she would choose Japan as her region.

Additionally, Lily loves to watch anime and Japan is the land and originator of anime. Lily' band NMIXX actually just did a song for one of the most popular anime in Japan, which is SPY X FAMILY. They did a song for the Winter movie for the show, and is even more of a reason that Japan + Lily would make great sense.

166 words

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]