Create Account

S76 PT #4: Changing Stripes Due: Sunday, May 5th @ 11:59 PM PST

Written Option 1

Jamie Fraser doesn't have an international federation yet. Being from a different era in history, he doesn't have citizenship to any existing nation and is currently evaluating his options for affiliation. Surprisingly few teams have reached out to him though. 

France has a personal connection to Fraser, who's relative owns a winery in France, and to me as a user with my long time friend and gm Fuzz at the helm. The French path is one that could easily lead to international success, as the roster is strong and Fuzz runs a good team. 

On a similar side of international success is Sweden, where my last player played after transferring from Austria (now France funnily enough). Jess is a good friend and excellent manager of teams, and the sales pitch has been incredibly strong. 

Both options are promising, but there's still plenty of time to make my decision.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Journey Man is a Sovereign Citizen of the World, and as such, doesn't call any nation his home. He has lived in many different countries, speaks a few languages, at least partially, and has been to every continent, aside from Antarctica. Getting to play for Team World in the WJC has been a huge source of pride for Man, as it's not often that a unified team of humans from across the globe get to compete. But Journey knows that a decision must be made on what nation he'll represent if he wants to play in the IIHF, which he does. The cost of having to pledge support for one nation is outweighed by the joy of getting to come together with other teams from across all the nations and learn from them. There are a lot of teams that Journey would love to play for, and few that Journey wouldn't play for. So only time will tell where Man will end up on his international journey.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

At this point if I decided to leave Norway I probably wouldn't play iihf anywhere else. But if I was forced to play so.ewhere it probably would be Canada because I like their gms. Outside of Canada I don't think there are gms I get a long with as well as them so it would be tough to say yes to them recrutijng me. Tbay said I am highly unlikely to leave the Norwegian team any time soon. canada is a cool nation and they always seem to have good teams so the inky hesitancy on my part joing there is the limited ice time and difficulty to make the team. It does hurt iihf longevity as in thr past you did have to be well above 1k tpe before you would be considered for the roster. Thay said it is a chill place and I would be a good fit there and jt would be a good time.

Written Option, Task 1

This one is relatively easy to explain, all things considered. If, for whatever reason, and it would need to be a serious one, Rodrigo Banes had to leave Team Latvia to play elsewhere, the only other even remote possibility would be Team Canada.

With his deep family ties to both nations, and while leaving Latvia would be heartbreaking and painful in so many ways, the opportunity to play for Team Canada would be a huge honour. Living in Montreal and Vancouver, depending on the time of year, makes the transition very natural. His father, Roderic Banes, was born in Canada. There are many links in the hockey chain binding the Banes family to both Canada and Latvia. Also, I suppose the colour pattern does not change overly dramatically. Burgundy and white to red and white is not a massive shift. If he squints, I am sure he will be able to make the adjustment quickly and easily.

[Image: banes.png]

Prompt 2

A good referee is one is someone who has all of the rules of the game memorized, all of them, even the little ones everyone forgets and who is completely unbiased in what is permissible when it comes to player conduct in the game. Combined with the willingness and ability to make the calls quickly. Essentially, they need to be robots who are omniscient in their ability to make calls. I think our refs do a pretty good job really, except that they don't call on Andren for enough penalties so he keeps narrowly missing out on the Turg. Comon refs. He's stiring up shit all the time, put him the box! It's difficult to say what changes should be made if you were to keep humans as the referees. They are going to miss penalties, etc that will cause the game to get out of hand or they are going to control the game through giving out penalties too harshly... or not harshly enough. Really, it would just be better to have a computer recording everything and making the decisions.

181 words.

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2024, 08:27 PM by Operation Ivy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Written Option 1

If I had to leave Ireland and go to a new IIHF country, I’d definitely pick USA. I actually started my international career with USA before transferring to Ireland. I am born and raised in the USA and have a ton of pride for my country. Wearing the USA flag on my uniform was and would be an honor if I went back to that nation. I also think that USA hockey is in such a great spot and has been on the rise, so to be a key figure in my country as it relates to growing the game would be a true honor. USA also has some good rivalries with nations like Canada. Right now, I am not so sure Ireland has true rivals, so playing for USA would make it that much more competitive when it comes to some competing nations and those matchups. I do not want to move on from Ireland, but USA would definitely be my first choice if I had to move.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

I think referees have a very difficult position. There’s a lot of responsibility on them and they have to make a lot of very accurate decisions in a very quick time. The game is very fast moving and it is difficult for anyone to keep up. Let alone for someone to decide the fate with one call or another. I think the SHL referees could do better. There hasn’t been any major calls that I have notice which were missed but just some odd happenings on the ice and weird players getting assists and points where they should not have. But overall I think they do a great job and do the best they can with what they have in front of them. I think they could let the players fight it out in the corners a bit longer than they do. They tend to blow the whistle soon as the puck is trapped by a player. But overall they do their best!

Foil Up Boys

I have spent the last 5 years in Canada and 4 with a player on it, so obviously my choice would be Team Canada. I initially recreated and wanted to give another nation a try, and I'm glad I did and ended up on Latvia but my second option would have been Canada for sure. It feels like home, I already know everyone on the team and I chat with them on a daily basis. Add to that that I'm Canadian in real life, there's definitely another layer to belong on Team Canada instead of another nation. As for my player, I'm not actually sure if there would even be room on the backend for Bellona considering Canada is always overflowing with players but I'm sure I could outperform some other defensemen and be a pillar on the blue line on international ice. Every nation should want an offensive defenseman to quarterback their powerplay and Demir Bellona is a perfect fit for that position.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Bean letting the ref know it was a bad call

[Image: B3cu1kQ.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

If I had to leave the wonderful United States of America in the IIHF, I would likely go back to the amazing group of users that makes up the Ireland Federation. On my first player, Mew Two, I had a great time playing for Ireland, and would definitely consider going back! I won a WJC gold medal with team Great Britain in S60, which was a very fun time. I loved the joint comradery of the combined Great Britain team; it was a great way to combine the strength of smaller nations in the WJC without removing them from the IIHF competitions. It was sort of a two for one deal, getting to meet a bunch of other really cool users from another nation! With that said, I have won two WJCs with America and hope to make a push for IIHF gold before the end of my career so I do not think I will be changing affiliations any time soon

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Dude my player is John Brown. John fucking Brown. The radical abolitionist who was heavily involved in Bleeding Kansas, as well as the mastermind behind the raid on Harpers Ferry. John Brown was a radical abolitionist so committed to abolishing slavery that he directly took matters into his own hands to fight against one of the greatest injustices in our nation's history. John Brown declared things akin to "The sins of this guilty land will never be washed away but with blood". The dude fought and died to free the slaves as best he could, and heralded the truth that only a war would truly exorcise the demon of slavery. Even though there's still more that needs to be done in fixing the 13th amendment and legalized slavery in for-profit prisons, to play for any other IIHF nation would be absurd, and frankly it's insulting that his first few seasons weren't playing for the USA from the start because of bureaucratic oversights.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Written Option 2:
Good referee is fair and not corruptible. Im unsure if we even have referees in the Simulation Hockey League. I mean have you seen the last few playoffs? Barely anything gets called. Tommy Sawschukl actually smacked a player across the face and nothing was called. He called it a "Lackamus Kiss." Thats crazy. Needless to say, the officiating could be improved. Thats all I am saying. So I think you could improve it three ways. More reviews. Stop having playoff hockey rules you know. Do not worry about the pacing of the game etc. People are gonna watch it regardless. You know what isn't good? Your star players being injured bc Tommy Saws kissed them. I mean we all remember the days of Bjorn Leppanen and the terror he was. We still have that. Next replace all humans with dogs. Dogs are not corruptible and loyal the fairness. My dog is very stringent that my cat gets a treat when he gets a treat.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

[Image: ovPogW4.png]

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

Written Option 2:
I think there are two very important factors when it comes to being a referee. The first is a genuine knowledge and intent of the rules. Something more than a basic level is needed and I would almost throw in experience in there as well. The game moves fast and players know that referees are limited for the simple fact that they're humans. I also bring up intent as you sometimes see ticky-tack calls that are made in the worst times. This also ties into the second important factor and that is consistency. I have no problem is a referee is wanting to call ticky-tack fouls but they better be consistent with the application of that rule. While not a hockey example, we saw a technical foul called for one team in the NBA but not on the other for a very similar action. If the players can adapt and adjust for how the referee crew is officiating the game then I have no problem as long as its clear to the players what is expected.

170+ Words

[Image: BRUBCwH.jpeg]

apologies for how cursed this is

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]