Create Account

S76 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP Deadline: Sunday, May 5th @ 11:59pm PST

The Ideen Fallah Trophy for MVP as decided by the Awards Committee is the most coveted individual award in the juniors league. Who is on track to win it this season?
Written Task: Which players are in the running for league MVP? (150 words min.)
Graphic Task: Create a graphic comparing the top 3 MVP contenders. Must include team logos and renders.
Reward:
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S76 SMJHL Rookies (S77 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT. NOT S78 DFAs
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
TPE will be added to the portal.
Deadline: Sunday, May 5th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

Dev PT Pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

In the SMJHL, the Ideen Fallah Trophy for MVP in the SMJHL is still being very tightly contested up to this point in the season. I would have to say my top candidate so far would have to be Mia Lavoie. Lavoie, who plays for the Maine Timber and sit fourth in the league, leads the league in points. I argue that Lavoie probably has the highest odds because it's obvious that she carries the team in my opinion. Lavoie holds the most goals on the team along with the most assists. Lavoie also has one of the best shot percentages in the league. Another candidate I would argue has a chance at MVP so far is Future Considerations. Considerations plays for San Diego who sit tenth in the league. Considerations makes up a majority of the San Diego goal scoring and I could see Considerations having the most points in the league if he were on one of the top teams in the league like Quebec City or Newfoundland. Those are the two people I think have the best chance at winning MVP this season up to this point.

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

The Ideen Fallah Trophy is an award given to the most valuable player in the SMJHL league. After 50 regular season games, the player that is most likely to claim this trophy is Froya Solberg. Froya plays for the number 1 team in the league in Quebec City Citadelle, who boasts the best goal differential amongst all teams with +91. The team with the second highest is Carolina with +73, so it is evident how strong of a team QCC is. Froya is also considered by many to be the Henrik Sedin of the SMJHL. Playing alongside her twin, Sonja, has allowed her to accumulate 75 pts, which is the 2nd best in the league. The pts leader is currently Mia Lavoie with 76 but she has also played 1 more game than Froya. If we were to compare the stats of both of these players, we can see that Froya is definitely the better defensive forward. She has more takeaways and shot blocks. Only defensive aspect that Mia does better is at hits. Even if we compare their average defensive game rating, Froya leads here with 73 vs 63. This alone shows that Froya handles both ends of the ice very well unlike Mia. What is also crazy is that Froya leads the 2nd most points leader on her team by 14 pts. So you can see that she is one of the main reasons why QCC has such a crazy goal differential.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

There are multiple players right now who have a great case for the SMJHL MVP. Of course, some voter will probably be influenced by the final standings of these players’ team, because you don’t see the MVP being awarded to a player from a team who missed the playoffs often. The first candidate is the league top scorer, Froya Solberg, who plays for the league leaders, the Quebec City Citadelles. As one of the best players in the league, Froya has a great case for the league MVP, because Froya also has a 15 league on the second top scorer for the Citadelles. A second candidate is Carolina goaltender, Denebor Milasch, who has a big lead in goals saved above average. Denebor is also in the top 5 for wins, goals against average and save percentage. Milasch has been a major factor in Carolina performance this season which starts from their defense since they are the team with the least goal against this season. A third good candidate is Mia Lavoie from the Maine Timbers who is currently fighting for Froya Solberg for the top scorer in the league and Mia is also tied at the top of the goal scoring race.

202 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

I had a hard time picking these three players but I think they are the most deserving of the coveted Ideen Fallah Trophy. Two of these might be obvious but I tried to add an "outside of the box" player to make this interesting.

First off is arguably the most obvious choice, Quebec City Citadelles center Froya Solberg. Froya has been one of the best players in the SMJHL all season. She is in a close points race with Mia Lavoie (who we'll get to later) and currently leads her team in goals and is a major offensive force overall. 

My 2nd pick is Maine Timber winger Mia Lavoie. Mia is having a career this season and is only getting better. She is leading her team in both goals and assists and is arguably the best winger in the league right now. Winning the points race would most definitely guarantee her the Ideen Fallah Trophy.

My 3rd pick is Future Considerations of the San Diego Tidal. He has broken out this season, completely shattering his career-best in goals and points. He is currently tied with Mia Lavoie with the most goals in the league and is a sneaky pick to win the Ideen Fallah Trophy if he finishes the year as the SMJHL's leading goal scorer.

The Ideen Fallah Award is one of the best individual awards. In fact, this award is attributed to the best player which is voted by the Award Committees. So far, in this S76 SMJHL, we have a heated race between 3 players. Let me show which players can win this prestigious award and why.

The first player is Froya Solberg from the Québec City Citadelles Citadelles. She deserves a second nomination for the award because she’s been grinding a lot this year. In fact, she has the most points from a player in the league this season since day 1.

The second player is Mia Lavoie from the Maine Timber Timber. She deserves a nomination since she is still racing up for the most points and goals since day 1.

The third and final player is Future Considirations from the San Diego Tidal Tidal. He’s really under the radar during the whole season. In fact, he’s in, today, the top goal scorer in the league with 38 goals. He will still fight that against Mia Lavoie for the last week of the season.

187 words

[Image: VJEQ5Rl.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2024, 05:27 PM by Gage2. Edited 2 times in total.)

The first player that come to mind is Mia Lavoie for the Timbers. 38 goals and 42 assists is ridiculous and shows me that Lavoie is the most well rounded player in the entire J as of right now and the SHL team with this players rights must be excited about their future with the organization. Future Considerations is a goal machine, Same amount of goals as Lavoie and plays for the expansion San Diego Tidal, What this lets me know is that Future Considerations is such an offensive unit that he does pretty much the entire offense himself,Pretty impressive stuff. Froya Solberg is another player that is having a great season, The most points in the SMJHL, Solberg is a phenom who has good stats in goals and assists with both showing a close well rounded season that is right behind Lavoie in my opinon. Lavoie is the clear number 1 but Solberg isnt too far away

[Image: gageshl.gif]

[Image: dybiMiC.png]

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: draft-ad.png?ex=66247d0e&is=6612080e&hm=...cddcfb611&]

In my mind there's really only one main runner for the Ideen Fallah Trophy: Maine's Mia Lavoie. Starting with Lavoie, she's been extremely valuable for the Timber this season, leading the league in both goals and assists to have a commanding lead in points. Maine's veteran goal scorers have buoyed a younger corps to scoring the 4th most goals in the league, and Lavoie stands out as both an excellent shooter and a generous playmaker, far and away leading the squad in goal differential while she's on the ice, and the only Timber representative in the leaguewide top ten. The only potential criticism of her game is a team-leading 64 giveaways, but that number isn't terrible compared to other top forwards in the league. I originally wanted a goalie candidate, but the only one with transcendent rate stats doesn't have the playing time you'd want out of an MVP candidate. Therefore, if I had an MVP vote it would definitely go towards Lavoie.

[Image: hiFAlFV.png]

The race for the Ideen Fallah Trophy is a tight one this year, but I believe there are three leading candidates this season.

Mia Lavoie – MET (4th) – RW
Mia leads the surging Maine Timber with an astounding 98 points, a full 11 points more than the league’s second leading scorers and chipping in on 39% of Maine’s offence this season. However, their MVP bid may be undercut by their relatively weak defensive game with an average defensive game rating of 63. That said, you don’t need to defend when you have the puck on your stick, and Mia is in position to runaway with the league scoring and goalscoring titles.

Froya Solberg – QCC (1st) – C
Froya is tied for second in total SMJHL offence this season on a strong Quebec City squad. With 87 points and chipping in on 32% of Quebec’s goals, they contribute meaningfully on offence while not being as dominant and having more help than Mia. However, as a centre, Froya is leaned on much more heavily in the defensive zone, boasting an average defensive game rating of 71. This race will come down to whether voters require the MVP to contribute in a two way game or whether dominance at one end of the rink is sufficient.

Yerik Akmentzhanov – QCC (1st) – G
Any MVP projection would be incomplete without Yerik, far and away the league’s best goalie this season. Boasting a ridiculous 0.932 save percentage, a full 13 points greater than the next best netminder, and a 1.85 GAA, opposing teams are fortunate to sniff the net against Yerik, and they are the foundation on which Quebec has built its success this season.

This was a hard decision. Ultimately, I picked Leonard Wood. I have no idea who that person is. But he seems to be a great player all around and seems to be a leader for Colorado and a big contributor to this team. While he might not be at the top of the rankings in points, he still has 35 goals in 58 games for a total of 71 points. What really jumped out and was the deciding factor was his amazing GR where he's tied for the 1st position in the league. He has a 82G which comes an 80 in OGR and 80 DGR. Talk about an amazing contribution in defense! He's laying out the hits with 168, blocked 68 shots, was a main contributor both on the power play and on the penalty kill, looks like he's the type of player that coaches love. I don't know how he is in the LR, but he would be a top pick for MVP in my book.