Create Account

Last movie you watched thread

<a href='index.php?showuser=3' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-50'>Spangle</a>

Finally saw La La Land and........yeah pretty fucking amazing. The cinematography, the songs, the dances, the aesthetic, the writing, the flow......the fucking everything. It is easily one of the best films I have ever seen and the best musical I have seen.

My only gripe....Ryan Gosling should not be allowed to sing again. Fucking tone deaf son of a bitch.

Also saw Split......what a roller coaster

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Sat around and watched three movies today, all rewatches. Scott Pilgrim, Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, and Her.

Quote:Originally posted by BasedMinkus@Feb 4 2017, 12:01 AM
<a href='index.php?showuser=3' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-50'>Spangle</a>

Finally saw La La Land and........yeah pretty fucking amazing. The cinematography, the songs, the dances, the aesthetic, the writing, the flow......the fucking everything. It is easily one of the best films I have ever seen and the best musical I have seen.

My only gripe....Ryan Gosling should not be allowed to sing again. Fucking tone deaf son of a bitch.

Also saw Split......what a roller coaster

Dude I told you La La Land was amazing.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Feb 4 2017, 06:31 AM

Dude I told you La La Land was amazing.

Ya but Ryan Gosling is a terrible singer and should feel bad

La La Land sucked

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 4 2017, 11:07 AM
La La Land sucked

LOL

GET CULTURED SCRUB

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 4 2017, 01:07 PM
La La Land sucked

Why did it suck?

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Feb 4 2017, 02:54 PM

Why did it suck?
Boring, wooden acting, songs are not enjoyable in the least imo.

Moonlight blows La La Land out of the water in just about every aspect and is imo the best movie of 2016

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy+Feb 4 2017, 02:59 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 4 2017, 02:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Boring, wooden acting, songs are not enjoyable in the least imo.[/b]

I'd have to disagree. The opening number threw me off a little bit - it was a little too campy and "weird" for me - but I think everything else was written very well. The last songs were poignant, striking, carefully crafted. I thought it was an incredible homage to a lost genre of film as well as a brilliant modern movie. I'm honestly not sure where you got "wooden acting" from.

<!--QuoteBegin-Maxy@Feb 4 2017, 03:02 PM
Moonlight blows La La Land out of the water in just about every aspect and is imo the best movie of 2016[/quote]

I gotta watch Moonlight, that's on my list!

[Image: OaSEcaw]

"wooden acting"

Smile) Smile) Smile)

My sides.

Not actually a movie but I love The Flash series. Started to watch it this week.

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Feb 4 2017, 04:16 PM

I'd have to disagree. The opening number threw me off a little bit - it was a little too campy and "weird" for me - but I think everything else was written very well. The last songs were poignant, striking, carefully crafted. I thought it was an incredible homage to a lost genre of film as well as a brilliant modern movie. I'm honestly not sure where you got "wooden acting" from.

I gotta watch Moonlight, that's on my list!

Moonlight is great. It's no La La Land, but it's very good.

Quote:Originally posted by BasedMinkus@Feb 4 2017, 12:53 PM

Ya but Ryan Gosling is a terrible singer and should feel bad

I liked his singing. Both he and Emma Stone are pretty raw singers though, very natural. So I can see why one would say this. That said, the music is the best in forever. The songs are so good, can't stop listening to them.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 4 2017, 03:59 PM

Boring, wooden acting, songs are not enjoyable in the least imo.

Your second and third parts, whatever. That comes down to taste. However, boring is not a criticism of any film. It's lazy and is a substitute for actually figuring out why you didn't like it. Try and come up with a reason beyond "it's boring". That's just lazy and you're better than that.