Create Account

S8 SHL Draft Lottery

Another thing is that we just we payed for quantity, the quality part doenst really matter.

if you shit 500 words on the paper or if you made a well-thought-out investigate article, that everyone loves to read and where you spend many houres to get it done.
In both cases you you will be awarded with the same money.
Same with the pbp, if you make a 3 hour pbp your a 20 minute quicky. no difference.

I think thats more a problem, than a rule, which chanced between two season, because that just happens from time to time. Sometimes rules need to impove and usually there will be good and bad sides after the change.

... and ofc congratz to edmonton for getting the 1st OA.

well when i am marking the NWJHL media articles i cut off a little bit of money if you have a lot of grammar mistakes in the article

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Quote:Originally posted by leafsftw1967@Mar 9 2012, 06:08 PM
well when i am marking the NWJHL media articles i cut off a little bit of money if you have a lot of grammar mistakes in the article

unfair for the people which don't have english as monther tongue tbh like me and some others :( i guess we will make much more grammar errors then peolpe from usa or canada.

Quote:Originally posted by joecool37@Mar 9 2012, 12:12 PM

unfair for the people which don't have english as monther tongue tbh like me and some others  :(  i guess we will make much more grammar errors then peolpe from usa or canada.

u could always quickly copy and paste ur article to microsoft word and do a spell check.

Quote:Originally posted by joecool37@Mar 9 2012, 01:12 PM

unfair for the people which don't have english as monther tongue tbh like me and some others  :(  i guess we will make much more grammar errors then peolpe from usa or canada.
Ilike

Quote:Originally posted by leafsftw1967@Mar 9 2012, 12:17 PM

u could always quickly copy and paste ur article to microsoft word and do a spell check.
it won't fix the "syntaxe" (I don't even know what is the good word in englsih :lol: )

It won't help you get the words in the correct order.

Quote:Originally posted by kebrik@Mar 9 2012, 01:29 PM

it won't fix the "syntaxe" (I don't even know what is the good word in englsih  :lol: )

It won't help you get the words in the correct order.

ok its context not syntaxe :lol: and u made ur point i will keep that in mind the next time i mark the NWJHL media article to not take money away for grammar or spelling

Quote:Originally posted by leafsftw1967@Mar 9 2012, 02:09 PM

ok its context not syntaxe  :lol:  and u made ur point i will keep that in mind the next time i mark the NWJHL media article to not take money away for grammar or spelling
I think you still need to take away money when it's butchered but just keep in mind that it's not easy for us sometimes. Just use your logic.

i'm pretty sure it takes me a lot more time to do an article than english guys :lol:

PBPs are freaking hard because of verb tenses and all the rules that apply.

Quote:Originally posted by kebrik@Mar 9 2012, 08:14 PM

I think you still need to take away money when it's butchered but just keep in mind that it's not easy for us sometimes. Just use your logic.

i'm pretty sure it takes me a lot more time to do an article than english guys  :lol:

PBPs are freaking hard because of verb tenses and all the rules that apply.

Yeah, pretty much the same here Wink.

And @Leafs, I always thought it was possible for a native speaker to distinguish between someone who has to write in a language that is not his native language, and someone who is a native speaker but just plain lazy and who doesn't care for proper spelling, readability and so on. Or am I wrong on that one?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Mar 9 2012, 02:20 PM

Yeah, pretty much the same here Wink.

And @Leafs, I always thought it was possible for a native speaker to distinguish between someone who has to write in a language that is not his native language, and someone who is a native speaker but just plain lazy and who doesn't care for proper spelling, readability and so on. Or am I wrong on that one?

ya it is my first time having a job in the SHL and thought that it would be fair to penalize people for a lot of grammar mistakes in their articles but people have brought up a good point and i don't want to make it unfair for some people who aren’t good in English.

Quote:Originally posted by leafsftw1967@Mar 9 2012, 02:23 PM

ya it is my first time having a job in the SHL and thought that it would be fair to penalize people for a lot of grammar mistakes in their articles but people have brought up a good point and i don't want to make it unfair for some people who aren’t good in English.
But I still think you need to take away points when it's clear that guys were lazy when writing. I think it's actually easy to judge.

Quote:Originally posted by kebrik@Mar 9 2012, 02:26 PM

But I still think you need to take away points when it's clear that guys were lazy when writing. I think it's actually easy to judge.

ok sounds good Wink

Quote:Originally posted by kebrik@Mar 9 2012, 02:26 PM

Honestly though the rule should be if your writing is vatty-esque then no points. Otherwise it's excusable.

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Quote:Originally posted by TACOLORDOFEVIL@Mar 9 2012, 03:11 PM

Honestly though the rule should be if your writing is vatty-esque then no points. Otherwise it's excusable.
Exactly what I was trying to say without using the word "vatty" :lol:

PBPs and medias were raised because nobody was doing them...