Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?
r/hockey

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
It's not too bad once you get used to using a forum.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
No, just took a bit of time to find the right links to make sure i made the best choice.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used the written tutorial while creating my player and it did help, I just ended up with a ton of tabs open.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Get to know the other prospects and maybe practice/play against them. See who would come out on top.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
Condense all of the beginner links to on spot.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

1) How did you find us?
/r/hockey

After spending a bit of time looking around it's fairly simple.

Nope.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Watched part of video then used written while creating. Very helpful

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Prospect Tournament sounds fun

More embedded images rather than links to examples.

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

1) Reddit /r/hockey

2) There's a bit of a learning curve - but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

3) No, between the video and the discord everything was fairly easy

4) The video was incredibly helpful.

5) I plan on just watching the discord and poking around to get more familiar with everything

6) I feel like some of the steps for what to do after creating a player are a little bit scattered, so if they could be consolidated a little more maybe?

1) How did you find us?

I was doing my regular morning /r/hockey/new checks and came across their recruitment post.

I will be honest it's kinda nightmare, but that may be because I don't do anything forum like previously so I'm stepping into new territory. I'm sure I'll get used to it over time but right now I have a million tabs open.

Creating my player wasn't hard, it's acquiring the TPE and updating thats tough for now.

I used the written ones (I'm at work lol) they did help. Most of the confusion will be fixed through Discord or use over time.

I don't know that yet, I'm still getting the hang of the website. Currently I don't know exactly what can be done in the mean time after updating my player.

I don't have much to input because I'm so new to forums. I would make a section that says what you can do daily to benefit yourself. There may be something like that hidden away but right now I'm going from different subforum to subforum trying to help myself out.

1) How did you find us?

One of my teammates from NSFL

Mostly. It's a little clunky and the colour scheme makes it hard to find things

No. I had experience from NSFL so it was pretty standard.

Yes. I looked at what stats did what. Yes it helped

More opportunities for undarfted players to earn TPE while we wait would be cool.

Colour scheme and make important forums stand out more

1) How did you find us?
/r/hockey post on Reddit

Not immediately. It's also a throwback from the mid 2000s with all the animated gif pictures everywhere.

I needed an Excel spreadsheet to create my player. So yes, and no.

Written tutorial was great.

It's in 3 days, which is why I joined now. Not so much waiting.

More explanatory/guides? Saying that, there's probably loads that I haven't read yet.

1) How did you find us?

The Reddit recruitment

Not the easiest but there's a lot to take in

Not especially

Written tutorial was very helpful

Some sort of tournament would be cool to see how it all goes down

It's a lot of information at once but I'm not sure how to improve

1) How did you find us?

Reddit Post in r/Hockey

Never having used a forum or site such as this, it was a bit difficult to navigate.

At first, but once I found the guide it went much smoother.

I used the written guide and it was a great help.

A prospect tournament or something of the sort definitely sounds interesting. It would be interesting to implement some sort of "Draft Combine" in a way.

It may just take some time and getting used to for new users, such as myself, whom have never used a forum like site such as this before.

CODE

1) How did you find us?

/r/fantasyhockey

It's rewardingly labyrinthe

Not that I know of, read a bunch about it and tried to get the best possible start. Got the numbers to add up correctly on the first try, at least

The written one

Prospect tournament sounds like fun. In the meantime I am planning on touching base with junior teams as well as my national team, learning more about the league's structure/history, etc.

I spend a lot of time on mobile. I don't have any suggestion of how to make it easier on mobile (and it's honestly alright), but maybe if it were easier on mobile

1) I saw a post you guys put on reddit.

2) It's difficult to go through all the pages of history. Perhaps there could be more simplified pages that clearly state the league's history in one page. This would include champions on one page, top 10 leaders for stats on another, and so forth.

3) It was fairly simple.

4) I used the video tutorial step by step. It was very helpful.

5) It would be cool to have either a prospect tournament or some bonus fun community event for all the SMHL draftees. Like a Rocket League event or something.

6) Well this is not the easiest thing to do but if you could make the player data base more easily searchable that would make it immediately more interesting for new comers. Like I would love to see who the top goal scorers of all time have been, rivalry history etc.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

1) How did you find us? A recruitment post on reddit.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Yes

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Yes, the video tutorial i used made it very easy to understand.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) not much, i guess. just wait.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. i can't thnk of anything

1) How did you find us?
Reddit post

Yes

Not at all

I used a written tutorial and it helped a lot.

Be able to see how a game works. So yeah. A prospect tournament.

It is really great but the learning curve is huge.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

1) How did you find us?
There was a recruitment thread on Reddit.

Easy enough on my laptop, but very challenging on my phone, since I needed to be switching between tabs a lot.

I found it nearly impossible on my phone, but very easy on my laptop.

Written, and, yes, I would've struggled without it.
A prospect tournament would be great, or maybe some group workouts for rookies to be.

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b
If the stats entered into the create-a-player calculator could be exported into a format that can be pasted into the original player creation post, it would be a huge convenience.

1) How did you find us?

reddit.com/r/hockey

not the best but better than i expect from reading about this site on reddit

À little bit but its pretty easy to see what others did and figure it out

Only some stuff not all, yes it helped

It seems draft is soon, just want to be more familiar with the website

A public open chat would be dope

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

1) How did you find us? I am in a few other leagues so the SHL comes up over and over. I was talking to Toivo and he helped me and I decided to join.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It is overall, though I had problems finding the undrafted player update page at first

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? None whatsoever! Lots of guides.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Yes, the tutorials helped a ton, though I think I already know most of the things by now.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Just get to know the league a bit better and talk to GMs a bit before the draft. Earn some TPE Smile

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Easier to find update forum!

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]