Create Account

Official General NHL Discussion Thread

Don't care about Scott being a throw in to get him away from the ASG. Don't particularly care about losing Tinordi who wasn't going to make the Habs.

I'm just mad we're now going to be playing a less talented version of Douglas Murray because our coach is a dumbass.

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Jan 15 2016, 04:29 PM
Don't care about Scott being a throw in to get him away from the ASG. Don't particularly care about losing Tinordi who wasn't going to make the Habs.

I'm just mad we're now going to be playing a less talented version of Douglas Murray because our coach is a dumbass.

Seems like a bad trade, could you imagine if Elliot and Tinordi both realize their potential?

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Not been interested in the ASG in ever, because I don't want to watch a bunch of millionaires wishing they were elsewhere.

Game is so meaningless and boring, it's not watchable.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Jan 15 2016, 06:35 PM

Seems like a bad trade, could you imagine if Elliot and Tinordi both realize their potential?

Incredibly unlikely either do.

Just doesn't make any sense from the Habs perspective, I'd rather we just waive Tinordi.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Jan 15 2016, 06:35 PM

I don't think Tinordi will. He hasn't shown any signs of improvement and a lot of that is the fault of the Habs. They have managed him poorly for the past two seasons. The NHL is becoming a faster league and defensemen are becoming increasingly active offensively. Tinordi doesn't fit that mold, but he might be at least serviceable had the Habs not dicked him around.

Stefan Elliot is the best player in this swap, imo. The frustrating thing about this is that it's not because of saving cap space, or to get Tinordi on a team where he can have a shot to play. It's because the team genuinely wanted Bartley over Tinordi, which is ludicrous. Bartley is a useless player who will now take ice time away from Barberio who has contributed something of worth. Bartley is already worse than Tinordi and is 5 years his elder. Pisses me off, not that Tinordi is gone, but that we took Bartley instead of just waiving him and saving 1M in cap space to use to pick up somebody useful.

The thing about Scott getting voted in in the first place wasn't to honor some fan favorite goon, he was voted in because he was the worst player the reddit trolls could think of and it was meant to embarrass both him and the league. I have no problem with league execs taking matters into their own hands, like others have written, voting Scott into the all-star game was like voting the nerd as prom king.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Jan 15 2016, 05:41 PM
The thing about Scott getting voted in in the first place wasn't to honor some fan favorite goon, he was voted in because he was the worst player the reddit trolls could think of and it was meant to embarrass both him and the league. I have no problem with league execs taking matters into their own hands, like others have written, voting Scott into the all-star game was like voting the nerd as prom king.
But if the all star game is about what the fans want then why tamper with it? Scott says he was excited for the all star game and not embarrassed at all. It's like the damn Latvians voting in Girgensens last year. Bettman has tried his hardest to make the ASG a serious event and take the fun out of it from the fans.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Jan 15 2016, 04:40 PM

I don't think Tinordi will. He hasn't shown any signs of improvement and a lot of that is the fault of the Habs. They have managed him poorly for the past two seasons. The NHL is becoming a faster league and defensemen are becoming increasingly active offensively. Tinordi doesn't fit that mold, but he might be at least serviceable had the Habs not dicked him around.

Stefan Elliot is the best player in this swap, imo. The frustrating thing about this is that it's not because of saving cap space, or to get Tinordi on a team where he can have a shot to play. It's because the team genuinely wanted Bartley over Tinordi, which is ludicrous. Bartley is a useless player who will now take ice time away from Barberio who has contributed something of worth. Bartley is already worse than Tinordi and is 5 years his elder. Pisses me off, not that Tinordi is gone, but that we took Bartley instead of just waiving him and saving 1M in cap space to use to pick up somebody useful.

I agree it's highly unlikely anybody in this trade is of any consequence in the NHL but could you imagine how pissed you would be if it did happen? Bartley is the "safe" bottom pairing guy there are so many better options out there.

Quote:Originally posted by NJBadApple@Jan 16 2016, 12:42 AM

But if the all star game is about what the fans want then why tamper with it? Scott says he was excited for the all star game and not embarrassed at all.  It's like the damn Latvians voting in Girgensens last year.  Bettman has tried his hardest to make the ASG a serious event and take the fun out of it from the fans.
Don't call us damn, just because we love our hometown boys.

Porzingis got a fucking billboard in my hometown (which is his, of course).

Quote:Copper & Blue ‏@CopperandBlue  4m4 minutes ago
This is a guy who needed to be beaten with a hockey stick so he'd stop trying to chase down and punch out a guy who did nothing.

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Jan 15 2016, 06:45 PM

I agree it's highly unlikely anybody in this trade is of any consequence in the NHL but could you imagine how pissed you would be if it did happen? Bartley is the "safe" bottom pairing guy there are so many better options out there.

I don't think he's a safe bottom pairing guy though, in honesty. The Habs see him as an heir to Bouillon, who was horrendously over-utilized by this coaching staff. I think Tinordi is a better NHLer now than Bartley is or has been (and Tinordi doesn't belong in an NHL top six). Bartley is as good now as he will ever be, he's 27. It's frustrating.

Quote:Originally posted by LatvianBastard@Jan 15 2016, 05:46 PM

Don't call us damn, just because we love our hometown boys.

Porzingis got a fucking billboard in my hometown (which is his, of course).
It is damn, it's giving people who have no reason to be considered an all-star, a spot on an all-star team.

Fan voting is idiotic in general, and I'm really hoping they do away with it to stop homers from voting in people just because. Or to make fun of a player

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Jan 15 2016, 04:49 PM

I don't think he's a safe bottom pairing guy though, in honesty. The Habs see him as an heir to Bouillon, who was horrendously over-utilized by this coaching staff. I think Tinordi is a better NHLer now than Bartley is or has been (and Tinordi doesn't belong in an NHL top six). Bartley is as good now as he will ever be, he's 27. It's frustrating.

That's why I put it as "safe". I feel your pain man.

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Jan 15 2016, 05:41 PM
Yeah it is comparable to that, but with the added bonus of a vacation, potential for a big bonus (though there's zero % chance the Pacific wins the game) and an undeserved place in the history books.

Granted the ASG is dumb as hell regardless, fan voting has taken it to an entirely new level of joke.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by NJBadApple@Jan 15 2016, 05:42 PM

But if the all star game is about what the fans want then why tamper with it? Scott says he was excited for the all star game and not embarrassed at all.  It's like the damn Latvians voting in Girgensens last year.  Bettman has tried his hardest to make the ASG a serious event and take the fun out of it from the fans.
But the way I see it, it isn't the general hockey fanbase that wanted Scott as an all-star, it was the reddit trolls who wanted to make a mockery of the NHL by voting in the absolute worst player they could think of, and I know almost every hockey fan I spoke to about it in person was disgusted by it. Like it or not, the all-star game is supposed to showcase the league's best players, not poke fun at a 6'8" goon that can't keep up.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]