Create Account

PT 6 - Jersey Numbers

Task:

Written Option:

In 150 words, tell us why your player chose their jersey number.

Graphics Option:

Make your player's jersey. Must include your team logo, player name, and jersey number.

Reward:

2 Capped TPE for doing the thing.

Remember, the PT cap for the season is 30 - and the players who get there first get rewarded.

Only S32 SMJHL Rookies (S33 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline:

Jan 2, 10:59 PM EST

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

<center>Lochlann O'Rourke
Halifax Raiders Rookie
Jersey Number: 19

[Image: 2guh8qf.png]</center>

One Name. Jed Mosley. Although Lochlann O'Rourke never got the pleasure to watch him live, Mosley was a player that O'Rourke wanted to become. Although he was a D in comparison to O'Rourke's Forward position, Mosley was his fathers favorite player of all time and in turn, Lochlann's as well.

Growing up across the sea, the chance to watch SHL hockey was rare and the best thing available to the O'Rourke family were old archived footage from S4 to S16 roughly. When the family took in their only game, a Edmonton Blizzard vs. Toronto North Star game, O'Rourke's father talked about not being able to watch Jed Mosley play as he skated for both teams in his career. Upon returning home from their vacation O'Rourke binge watched Edmonton and Toronto games to watch Mosley at the end of his career and West Kendall games to watch him in his prime. He was amazed at the goals and points that Mosley put up. So much so that he started wearing number 19 in honor of his favorite player, as well as his fathers.

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

I have been asked a lot of odd questions about Twitter and my goals and what my favorite flavor of pizza is. Now, I have people asking why I wanted to wear the number I wear, thirteen. Honestly? Thirteen means a lot to me. I look at all of the great players who wore that number and it makes me proud to wear that number. Jimmy Phillips of the Cheyenne Elks wore that number. Michael Cuervo of the Las Cruces Aardvarks wore that number. Brock Smith of the Appleton Oreos wore that number. Thirteen has a lot of history behind it. To some, it represents bad luck. To others, it represents the future. When I look back the careers of Mr. Smith and Mr. Phillips and Mr. Cuervo, I feel pride. I am proud to don their number. I know what you are about to say so let me spare you the trouble. Those teams and those men never existed. To that statement, I agree. Do you want to know the real reason I picked my number? It was the first number that popped in my head.

Renegades  raiders  Finland

[Image: fJkBJm9.png]

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

[Image: tWe0ESs.jpg]

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

[Image: AxjPjh6.jpg]

Bonus because I made this one first then found actual team jerseys? YES!
[Image: D7pxGT6.jpg]

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Kobe Jones: Hi everyone, and welcome to another edition of SMJHL Today. Our guest is Zander Ryhs who was drafted by Halifax Raiders in the S32 SMJHL dratf. Hi Zander, how are you going today.

Zander Ryhs: Hi Kobe and I am doing good. It’s great to be here.

Kobe Jones: It’s awesome to have you. Great season so far for you 13 points and +/- 21. We ask our audience to tweet questions that they want to ask SMJHL players. Today’s question is from @JackRanchy who asked: Why are you wearing the number 5 jersey?

Zander Ryhs: Great question Jack. Let me think… well I use to play and watch soccer religiously growing up in Berlin. It’s a number that is usually given to midfielder that are defensive minded playmakers. These players are great at breaking up opposition attacks and lunch counter attacks creatively. I believe that I have the two-way game to one day quarterback powerplays and play high minutes during penalty kills. That’s why it’s my favorite number and why I am wearing it.

Kobe Jones: Thanks Zander, I really appreciate the time you spent with us. That will be all folks, till next time. This was Kobe Jones with another edition of SMJHL Today.

I chose my number because when we were younger my older brother Teemu Sirius took my fucking favorite number 92 so i was always left with the number of 66. I wasn't entirely upset because it was the number of one of my favorite players Jean-Pierre Leroux of the Kelowna Knights and Winnipeg Jets was an inspiration to me so I just kept the number while on my way of going pro. By luck I was drafted by the Kelowna the very team my favorite player Leroux was drafted to and I was very surprised that greatest Knights player of all time number wasn't retired so I called Leroux and asked if I could use his number. Leroux told me that of course a player of my calliber could take his number and help lead the Knights back to the glory years like him. So I took his number and since that day been dedicated to bring honor back to the number 66

"Why did I start wearing 74? It's actually a kinda funny story. Well maybe not that funny but it's still interesting to me I guess. When I was a kid, the house we grew up in was number 147. I didn't really buy into the significance of your number and when I first got the chance to pick one, I went with 47 because it was as close to my house number as I could get. When I went up an age group by some really bad coincidence there was another kid who wore 47. I needed to come up with something new on the spot, 46 and 48 didn't appeal to me and rather than to back to the drawing board completely, I just decided "Hey, why not just swap the numbers round?". I went with 74 and from then on it's just kinda stuck. I've had the chance to go back to 47 pretty much every time I've changed teams since but I guess I Ike the ring of 74 a lot more."

"My birthday is August 16th and I wanted to incorporate that number into my jersey number. When Vasya was playing, he was playing with 8 and any variation of it. He wore 81 or 88 or 86 and it was decent. When we would switch, it bothered me because these numbers weren't mine, they were my twin's. So when I was finally allowed to play hockey as Zinaida rather than Vasiliy, I went with 16. My number hasn't changed since. In fact, I make others change their jersey if there's a conflict. I fought hard for this number. I'll be damned to give it up."

[Image: galatix2.gif]
by @NUCK @QuantumCowboy @engimatic @GLU @FlappyGiraffe @karey

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] l [Image: HuqtOb2.png]

I thought long and hard about why I chose the number 59. When you look at the NHL there aren't a lot of guys with that number with the most famous probably being Roman Josi of the Nashville Predators. I think if anything, the reason I am wearing number 59 is because of who I am. For ever at John Adams High I was always, "Stuart Minkus: Regular Guy" and that was what stuck with me forever. I was never flashy, never tried new things and stayed very reserved.....Until I found hockey. Playing the sport brings out a different side of Stuart Minkus. It has allowed me to get out the aggression I have had from being bullied throughout high school and I am now able to translate that into making money and travelling the world. Hockey has allowed me to be more adventurous and different and a jersey number as obscure as #59 gives me the ability to do that!

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

When I was younger I would hang out with my brother and his friend and we would play an EA NHL season together and pretend to be the management team. We would also create five players each and that would be the make up of our team with a few filler players here and there to round out the team. We then did a sort of fantasy hockey style tally where we would see who could generate the most points from their players while we watched the AI play against another AI. My star winger was Ice Magic. Yes that is what I named him... Ice Magic... anyways he wore number 96 and got me all the points and was great but my favourite player was my Defencemen David Borsato and he wore number 92. For some reason these numbers have stuck with me to this day and oddly enough my first player on this site back in season 4 was a Defencemen by the name of David Borsato who wore number 92.

words: 173

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

I picked my number to honor Cincinnati athletes that came before. 14 is the number of Pete Rose Jr. and Andy Dalton (much as I have disliked his being the starter until fairly recently) and adds up to 5, the number the greatest catcher in baseball history wore. You did not steal a base when Johnny Bench was behind the plate. All of this is without mentioning the real player that my number is meant to honor, Pete Rose, but major league baseball would probably hate me for mentioning him. (Come to think of it, that would be a start.) Of course, the reason I needed to do that has been taken away what with the retirement of Pete Rose's number, which I was at. It was glorious. However, I have had luck with 14 for my career so far so if I could avoid changing it that would be great.

When asked about his number, Vinny Marino had this to say:

“When I was younger, I actually used to read, believe it or not. One of my favorite books growing up was The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. So yeah, there’s the part of the book where you find out the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything is 42. Ever since then, 42 has been my go-to number for everything; it’s a lucky number of sorts. I don’t know, it’s just a good looking number, you know? And I think it kinda’ acts like a reminder for me, when I’m out there playing that the answer to the big questions in life are basically meaningless, so let’s go put some pucks on net, eh?

So yeah, no crazy story or heartwarming message, I just like to read. Hey man, the brain is a muscle too, you know? Gotta’ work that bad boy out sometimes, too.”

[Image: Df08MgD.png]

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points