Create Account

Vinny Marino Draft Presser Marino speaks out after being drafted

Vinny Marino has called for a post-draft presser, which appears to be livestreamed from his mother’s basement in Brooklyn. Marino is seated at a plastic folding table wearing the teal and orange of the Los Angeles Panthers who drafted him yesterday. As per usual, a pair of sunglasses conceals his eyes, and a gold cross can be seen peeking out from the collar of his jersey. “Introducing the Icon” by RiFF RAFF is being played at an uncomfortably loud volume.

“I would first like to thank my ma’, she always told me I had a face for Hollywood, so there ya’ go moms, love ya’. Second, I wanna’ thank the Los Angeles Panthers for believing in me, and for giving me this opportunity to play in the big league. I’ve been slacking off the ice the last few months, but I am committed to working my ass off to make up for lost time and showing you that you made the right choice. Third, I wanna’ thank my Uncle Gino just because he makes the best pizza this side of the East River.

I am now open for questions.”

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ipxQVG2PifU"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ipxQVG2PifU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

So ur back eh? What happened?

u already know vinny marino the G.O.A.T.

How does it feel to be drafted by the Panthers?

Did you go where you expected to in the draft or did you see things differently?

What kind of play do you plan to bring to the Los Angeles Panthers?

How do you like your chances in Halifax this season at winning a Championship?

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Samee+Jan 30 2017, 03:16 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Samee @ Jan 30 2017, 03:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->So ur back eh? What happened?[/b]

"Ah well, you know, I got caught up partying and that started affecting me off the ice."
(Real life got in the way, medical issues coupled with the fact the VA has been screwing me)

<!--QuoteBegin-CRUTCHFIELD@Jan 30 2017, 03:18 PM
u already know vinny marino the G.O.A.T.

How does it feel to be drafted by the Panthers?

Did you go where you expected to in the draft or did you see things differently?

What kind of play do you plan to bring to the Los Angeles Panthers?

How do you like your chances in Halifax this season at winning a Championship?
[/quote]

"That is correct."

"It's a really great feeling to get drafted by L.A. I always grew up wanting to go to Hollywood and to live that Los Angeles lifestyle, and I'm very excited to have that chance with the Panthers."

"Considering my performance loss the last few months, I kinda' expected to go late, if at all. I guess it was a kind of kick in the butt to get my stuff together and start performing again."

"I plan to keep playing the kind of game I play with Halifax. I like to take the puck in deep and just push through whoever is in my way. I've been working on my passing a little bit more, so I'm hoping to feed some winners to my boys."

"I don't wanna' jinx anything, but I think we might have a chance this year. I'm working on getting back into shape, and I think we're going to see a different Marino in Halifax this season."

Interview How's the LAP locker room? Gotten buddied up with someone yet?

Interview What do you think of the recent changes to the SMJHL playoffs? (Previously, the 4th team in each conference would play the 1st team in that conference, and the 2nd and 3rd would match up; now, the 4th team in each conference doesn't make the playoffs, and the 1st team gets a bye for the first round.)

Interview Do you think you'll be able to stick around and train at a standard pace going forward?

(Sorry to hear medical stuff is getting in the way; that's never fun.)