Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Playoffs

The elephant in the room in the East is New England missing the playoffs. Does this mark the end of an era for the Wolfpack? Is this symbolic of a declining New England team, or will they come back stronger next season, rendering this a fluke?

Next season they will come back faster,stronger and younger and should be able to make the playoffs. they got off to a poor start, i dont see that happening again. Their start killed them, dug too big of a hole to get out of.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Nov 5 2017, 05:22 PM
[b]- The elephant in the room in the East is New England missing the playoffs. Does this mark the end of an era for the Wolfpack? Is this symbolic of a declining New England team, or will they come back stronger next season, rendering this a fluke?

I think this is the end of an era for the New England Wolfpack, but certainly not the end of this franchise's dominance. We can expect some turnover to the current roster, but management in New England has proven repeatedly that they can put the pieces together for a contender. Next season we should see the return of the Woflpack in the playoffs.[/b]

This definitely how I feel as a fellow gm. I don't think that they're bad now by any means but I think this is the end of an era. They are an aging roster that will need time to bring in new pieces but their staff has proven repeatedly that it is something they can do. This may begin a playoff fraught for the Wolfpack but I doubt it will last long

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

The elephant in the room in the East is New England missing the playoffs. Does this mark the end of an era for the Wolfpack? Is this symbolic of a declining New England team, or will they come back stronger next season, rendering this a fluke?

It's not like they're going to be a shit team but maybe they're in a bit of a transitional phase. Losing Russell has hit them hard, Makinen is far from the player he once was and some of their younger guys haven't quite found their feet yet. But, they have some of the best prospects and upcoming talents in the league, they'll be back up there within a couple seasons I have no doubt.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

The end of an era in New England was obviously when they traded Niklas Wikstrom to the Jets in S25.

Stay in your lane with all this dynasty bullshit.

Quote:- Kelowna and Vancouver. Which of these two eliminated teams will be most likely to make the SMJHL playoffs next season, and what will it take for them to do it? Who will they have to bump out of the standings?

Both teams have a very nice stable of young talent coming up which should help them rebound into contention but I think Vancouver will have the easier path. They had enough pieces leftover from their back to back Cups to sell off this season and accelerate their rebuild as well as drafting well the last couple drafts. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the playoff hunt next season.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

- The elephant in the room in the East is New England missing the playoffs. Does this mark the end of an era for the Wolfpack? Is this symbolic of a declining New England team, or will they come back stronger next season, rendering this a fluke?

I wouldn't say it's a fluke as much as it is an indication of the parity in the Eastern Conference. The teams in the East seem to be getting better and better, where there is no longer a legitimate number one, two, or even three teams. It's all a crap-shoot, to be honest, and I think next year NEW has as good a chance as anyone else to make the playoffs.

[Image: dnlll.gif]

» Update Page | Player Page | My Twitter «
[Image: 2qcdsat.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: 16gwwf9.png]

Quote:Originally posted by dnL@Nov 6 2017, 02:56 AM
[b]- The elephant in the room in the East is New England missing the playoffs. Does this mark the end of an era for the Wolfpack? Is this symbolic of a declining New England team, or will they come back stronger next season, rendering this a fluke?

I wouldn't say it's a fluke as much as it is an indication of the parity in the Eastern Conference. The teams in the East seem to be getting better and better, where there is no longer a legitimate number one, two, or even three teams. It's all a crap-shoot, to be honest, and I think next year NEW has as good a chance as anyone else to make the playoffs.[/b]

This is a good point.. and don’t forget the Portland yard sale.. there talents been distributed around the league to teams that New England fights against.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

- The elephant in the room in the East is New England missing the playoffs. Does this mark the end of an era for the Wolfpack? Is this symbolic of a declining New England team, or will they come back stronger next season, rendering this a fluke?

I think its a combination of a couple different factors as the rest of the east is now catching up to the wolfpack as the other team's youth has started to get better while new England's roster has started to age and decline. the east is no longer new England and everyone else.

they are going to have some roster turnover during the next couple of seasons and while I don't think they will be back in the playoffs next season, I could see them back in 2-3 seasons with an influx of youth and a couple key free agents

- Both of the series in the West are rematches from last year. What will have to change from the Jets and/or the Riot to prevent history from repeating itself this season? Which of these two teams, if either, has what it takes to pull off the series win, and why?

Well you dont have to be a genius to figure this part out. Its simple - dont make the same mistakes or just be better than you were last time. But if we are serious than it is hard to tell as every season you work with limited amount of resources that you have acquired during that season, so you honestly cannot compare two seasons and point out specific mistakes or things to do different. Also the fact that the sims are bit based on random you will never be able to tell what did go wrong last time. Maybe by doing exactly the same this season they will get further and even take the cup...who knows?

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Coach Biz@Nov 5 2017, 05:12 PM
[b]- Both of the series in the West are rematches from last year. What will have to change from the Jets and/or the Riot to prevent history from repeating itself this season? Which of these two teams, if either, has what it takes to pull off the series win, and why?

Winnipeg has a great chance to win the whole thing this season..  they have 6 stud forwards with lots of TPE and lots of endurance allowing them each to double shift without getting tired.... what ever side your on in the time allocation discussion does not change tghe fact that the Jets are going to have major advantages on them 3rd and 4th lines against the majority of teams they face in this post season.
.[/b]

I'm really curious to see what happens with the ice time conversation if Winnipeg wins it. I can't really claim that my 13 minutes a game on the bottom pairing are having a huge impact, but I do think it highlights one of the more easily exploited weaknesses of STHS. Without another sim engine, we're going to continue to have to find more creative ways to deal with this.

The jets aren't infallible (we finished 2nd in the West after all) but I can see some people getting pretty salty if we win while only rolling 6 forwards. That's the kind of victory that we see changing strategic meta, just like in the NHL, and not always for the better.

New England has missed the playoffs relatively recently, only to come back just as strong as they'd always been the years prior in the next season. I considered that one a fluke. But, this time around, It's less fluky. Their team is getting older by the year, and while this may not mark the absolute end of an era, I think it's an indication that there's only a few gasps left in a reign which has carried on for a long time.

[Image: tZTGSGj.png]
[Image: 2AFxw6o.png]

I think it's a fluke. The simulation RNJesus is a fickle mistress. NEW is like the Red Wings but unlike the Wings they have infinite prospects to choose from, with players always wanting to sign with them.

- Kelowna and Vancouver. Which of these two eliminated teams will be most likely to make the SMJHL playoffs next season, and what will it take for them to do it? Who will they have to bump out of the standings?

I think Vancouver has a chance to bounce back next season. They have a good core and a good GM group who knows how to keep players active. They are a good and welcoming bunch to the newer players. As long as they keep most of their players active, they should have no problem in making the playoffs. I believe they'll have to bump out either one of Montreal or Prince George.

As a New England player I am very frustrated and disappointed with not making the playoffs this year. We did start to really turn it around mid-season but it was too little too late. I think New England has almost all the pieces it needs to come back with a vengance next season, but it isn't going to be easy. They have a ton of picks and some promising young players (Green, Fletcher, Spitfire, Dubois) who can come in and fill some of the holes the older players are starting to leave. If they can just add one or two more pieces to the lineup I think they're right back in it.

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen

It was a fluke, New England still has what it takes to be one of the best. Their top players still have some gas left and the young guns will come back stronger next year.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page