Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Second Round

- Both the Minnesota Chiefs and the Manhattan Rage are coming out of two hard-fought, 7-game series. Though there are certainly veterans and youth on both teams, Minnesota's roster is substantially younger than Manhattan's. Will this be to their advantage or hindrance in this series?

I believe that in general youth is an advantage as you can be assured of a certain level of performance for longer. However, considering this is a sim and we are talking about short term results, age does not have a factor. The only factor is that with the Rage's older team they will have more experience applying TPE in useful areas and probably have more TPE overall. With that said, age is an advantage.

09-13-2018, 05:12 PMNUCK Wrote: If I didnt have a Canadian flag as a tattoo, I would have gotten shit kicked by 5 people in Switzerland. They accused me of being an American and were about to pound me good until I showed them my tatty. As soon as they seen it, they apologized and walked away.

True story

Quote:- In a surprising show of dominance, St. Louis swept Vancouver in the first round without their starting goaltender. Will the momentum and their offense be enough to carry them through another round without him against the defending Four Star Cup champions?
First of all... Damn you St. Louis. This sweep actual came as a huge surprise to me. In all of our test sims we only saw a couple sweeps by either team, and it seemed like the most unlikely outcome. Actually after game 1 we made some lineup changes in Vancouver that looked like they would bring the series our way and give us a round 1 win. That being said, most of the goalies teams are using in the SMJHL this season are 200-250ish TPE goalies, so STL losing their goalie only takes them from being a powerhouse to an average contender. What they really have going for them is their offense. Having so many high TPE earning players up front has given them an edge in goal scoring and it does give them a solid shot at the cup.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

The Winnipeg Jets have found another formidable opponent to their repeat Cup run in an experienced, hungry Calgary Dragons team. What will be the deciding factor in this series, and who will win?

Both teams have one thing in common going into the playoffs and that is the hunger to win, for Winnipeg I think their goal all season was to be pitted against one of the best teams in the league and they got their wish, the deciding factor will be who can bring the fire.

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

- Prince George took some big risks at the trade deadline in an attempt to secure the franchise's first cup since S8. They're going up against an underdog Militia team that put up their best against Kelowna to make it out. Will Prince George's sacrifice be enough to power them to the finals?

Now, I might be biased cause I play for Prince George. But I believe it could work out really well. If our top line scores the way it did in the regular season, that puts us in a great position to win games. With our other lines also being capable of putting up points, as well as our defensive group, and adding it a solid goaltender in Tuck, this is PGF’s best chance at the Four Star Cup.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

- Prince George took some big risks at the trade deadline in an attempt to secure the franchise's first cup since S8. They're going up against an underdog Militia team that put up their best against Kelowna to make it out. Will Prince George's sacrifice be enough to power them to the finals?

While I don't think this playoffs will be quite as satisfying as S30, due to the fact I was in a my first season as GM and had a lot of fun, I've never felt so much pressure and have never been so anxious with playoffs.

So many story-lines wrap up the drama in a neat little package that's bound to be shared down the road at least for a little while.

You have a line of Prince George legends in Vyskoc, Rielly and Bana who are looking for one last hurrah after crazy successful offensive careers.

You have the trade that brought in another team's (essential) first line and starting goalie, unable to win cups themselves.

There's the very act of desperation with trade, putting the franchise's image (at least for the next couple seasons) and both GM's reputation on the line, win or lose.

There's the 30 season-long drought. A plague or curse that has seen championship titles slip from the Firebirds 3 times in the S30's alone.

There's my own 10 seasons involved as a Firebird seeing two finals and 8 winning seasons.

I'm sure if one kept looking, you could fine even more.

Since this is weekend funtime and is meant to encourage discussion, I'm actually curious if anyone else can come up with more story-lines.

In short: it better be enough.

Found some more:

A compliment of the most promising rookie class Prince George has seen in a year.

A line-up that can exclude any player under 200 TPE.

Preceding S30, almost a decade of losing seasons and early playoffs exits, followed by nearly a decade of winning seasons that haven't been enough . . . yet. Prince George is no longer the underdog as they have been for so long.

Nearly unanimous public disapproval of the Firebird's sacrifices this season and of the management's decisions. ( just take a look at the other responses to this prompt) Oceans and oceans of negativity.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Please PGF just fucking win

[Image: zQ54LhF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Insayne@Jan 8 2018, 05:26 PM
Please PGF just fucking win
another story line - Forscrub wants his # retired

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

In a surprising show of dominance, St. Louis swept Vancouver in the first round without their starting goaltender. Will the momentum and their offense be enough to carry them through another round without him against the defending Four Star Cup champions?

St. Louis has been a really competitive team to play against for many seasons now, their GM's put in lots of time and effort to keep them in the playoffs. However, Detroit is really strong as well and I think they will take St. Louis in the finals and their offense wont be enough to get the four star cup.

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Jan 8 2018, 10:39 AM
Minnesota may be a bit younger than Manhattan but it would be false to say the team doesn't have veteran leadership. Garbanzo has been on the Chiefs for nearly 20 seasons, Flacko 10, and there is a lot of unfinished business for these guys. They've seen the team be dominant in th regular season before faltering in the playoffs too many times. And with veterans Sarantez, who is in his second stint with the team and final season of his career, and Koroviev also around, both of whom won a vup together in Edmonton, the Chiefs have plenty of veteran leadership, arguably no less than Manhattan.

Both teams have more than enough leadership caliber players to make that area of the series a non factor.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Both the Minnesota Chiefs and the Manhattan Rage are coming out of two hard-fought, 7-game series. Though there are certainly veterans and youth on both teams, Minnesota's roster is substantially younger than Manhattan's. Will this be to their advantage or hindrance in this series?

Youth is always an asset! It means the Chiefs are solidly better now than we were when we ended the regular season because any growth is noticeable compared to a more veteran team, and it means we can expect to have a solid team going forward - so while we want to win now, we're not crippled by worrying about it being our last chance to take chances when needed.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Quote:Originally posted by artermis@Jan 8 2018, 04:31 PM

Yes

No

Yes Ninja

[Image: zQ54LhF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by artermis@Jan 8 2018, 04:31 PM

What do I have to do to get my number retired in Detroit, <a href='index.php?showuser=2536' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>TheWoZy</a>?

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Quote:- Both the Minnesota Chiefs and the Manhattan Rage are coming out of two hard-fought, 7-game series. Though there are certainly veterans and youth on both teams, Minnesota's roster is substantially younger than Manhattan's. Will this be to their advantage or hindrance in this series?

I think that Minnesota's youth will ultimately be their downfall in this series. Don't get me wrong, the team has a very bright future and they should be thrilled to have the young talent they have. That said, the Rage have some grizzled vets that have done this and won this before, especially after acquiring Allen and Windsor from texas.

The Winnipeg Jets have found another formidable opponent to their repeat Cup run in an experienced, hungry Calgary Dragons team. What will be the deciding factor in this series, and who will win?

Whether or not we get Playoffkova or Goonkova (<a href='index.php?showuser=2238' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Pris</a>) and how many cookies <a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-69'>ztevans</a> consumes in his pregame warmups. Winnipeg wins in 6 games. I hope. For my bracket TPE.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

It is a huge risk for a team that was already good enough to contend for the 4 star cup. According to some users, the sim does not favor super teams when it comes to SMJHL. That being said I do believe that Prince George have enough firepower to bring themselves into the finals. Whether if they can win the 4 star or not that remains to be seen.