Create Account

Press-conference pre-draft interview with Hippo Passamus
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2018, 02:10 AM by Mayuu.)

Ready for grading

Welcome to the pre-draft interview of Hippo Passamus. We are joined by Hippo and his parents please welcome to the stage Hippo.

Thank you!

Now before we start taking the questions from the audience we thought we would ask some questions to get things started. First of all how excited are you to be in the upcoming SMHJL draft?

Thank you for having me I am very excited to be here. The draft it's something I've been thinking about ever since I started taking hockey more seriously as a kid and it's something I've trained for my whole life so it's an absolute blast to be able to be part of this. I'm pretty nervous if I'm going to be honest and I'm hoping to get a decent draft position and land on a team with a great locker room. Altough I imagine all of them have one so that I don't know why I'm worried but it. That said it's going to be fun I'm going to try to, how do you say..... not be bothered by what what position I have or anything like that and just enjoy the time here.

That's awesome, how did you prepare for for the draft? Was there anything special you did at home before you took the flight over here or was there any sort of special preparations you did?

Yeah you know I've been talking about the prospect of me being being drafted with my parents and family. They've all been very encouraging and lately I've been doing pretty good hockey wise in my home country, so I had some some people tell me that I would probably go in the draft which was I was something I was hoping for but didn't really imagine would happen. And now here I am apparently I'm going to be drafted. So I just spoke to friends and my family, they try to to calm me down and not get ahead of my thoughts you know just try to stay in the moment and not rush anything.

You seem to have a lot of support from your family tell me about that how how important is is the family to you?

I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my family and they've been a huge part in making me the person I am today. You know I grew up on a farm I had to do lots of labor work on the farm every day from a very young age, just to make sure that we we got food on the table and you know all the sorts that we needed to do. That build my body from a young age and I think that was how was able to to stay ahead on physique of all of my of my peers. Lately I've been I've been putting on a lot of muscle and I think the groundwork is definitely from the from the chores that I had to do on the farm. And also from all the encouragement for my family so I can't thank them enough for for setting me up for this.

Alright Hippo thank you so much, let's get going with the some questions from the audience.

07-07-2018, 08:17 PMKing Wrote: Question from the audience:

Do you have any teams you would like to play for in particular? Or any draft mates you hope to play with?

hey King thank you for the question
I do not have a favorite team but the GM's I have spoken to have all been very nice. I would like to be drafted by a team where I can develop and get guidance in my in my path, where I hope that my my strength will be utilized in a good way. I bet all the GMS have good knowledge about how to utilize a player with the style like I have. I know another player in this draft, his name is Dank Boija from Finland. It would be fun to either play with him or against him as he is also a powerful word similar to my style

Where does your name come from?

as you might have guessed my name is not my real name. Hippo is something people called me in a bad way, they used to call me it because I was short and heavy and that they always had to carry me.
And hippos are one of the largest animals and must be the hardest to carry.
As the years passed I started to own the name instead of thinking it was something bad. I was determined that I would carry my teammates instead of them carrying me and that my heavy weight would be in my favor. As I started to get better knowledge of how I wanted to play the game I took the name Passamus because I always pass after I made my check.
My real name is actually Hilmer Panzer.

RETIRED

Thanks for the backstory man, your player name consistently makes me chuckle. You should add an incharacter explanation for the name if you get a chance!

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

Question from the audience:

Do you have any teams you would like to play for in particular? Or any draft mates you hope to play with?

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

Updated with answers from the press!

RETIRED

press-conference has ended. Thank you for your questions

RETIRED

<3 u

07-09-2018, 03:14 AMkarey Wrote: <3 u
<3 u 2 bb grill

RETIRED