Create Account

Tobias Viklund speaks regarding SMJHL draft and WJC

(x2 media week)

Looking forward to the draft, what is one thing you like and one thing you dislike about each team?
Falcons: The falcons seem like a pretty neutral team to me. I do really like the people I’ve seen who are involved with Detroit, they seem welcoming and kind. I’m not a big fan of the branding, but I could get over it if I was drafted.
Raiders: I really enjoy how engaging they’ve been with me so far. Eager to help and making an effort to go out of their way is always a plus in my eyes. However, they seem to have not done /too/ great in the past, but I foresee that changing considering the amount of draft picks and our draft class size. There’s gotta be some gems in there.
Militia: Doing some research, it’s good to see their success in the past. More kudos to reaching out to be as well. I don’t have any strong feelings either way with the Militia, so I can’t really point out any negatives so far.
Scarecrows: Another engaging, friendly team. They are successful, which is obviously a plus. And what’s there not to like about the branding? I’m not a huge fan of st. louis, but that's not much of a problem.
Raptors: Yes! I absolutely love the branding for this team. I think they have a lot of potential. It’s seems places in their past hasn’t gone well, but I see improvement and would love to be apart of the crew that helps them win it all.
Knights: I probably sound like a broken record, but another team I really like the branding of. Obviously they’ve won a lot, and are extremely talented, so that’s fantastic. The only negative I can think of is the fact that teams tend to have a downswing after winning for awhile, and perhaps that’s what may be in their future? I'm not a psychic though and definitely could be wrong about that.
Armada: I do like the fact that Anchorage has a team. I will admit I don’t know much about them either, so don’t hate me for giving the negative another pass.
Whalers: Their success is great, so obviously I’d be happy to get in on that. I am not a fan of the branding, don’t dig the name or location. Again though, definitely not a deal breaker and my petty ass could get over it quickly!

What is there room for improvement on when it comes to you?
While I am tall, 195 is not an ideal weight for me. I’ve had trouble trying to bulk up, but over the past year I’ve dedicated so much time to doing exactly that. Endurance and conditioning is also very important to me and I feel it could be improved. I like to watch a lot of tape and review my games after they happen, to try and build better gamesense.

Do you fight on the ice?
I’m typically not a go-to guy for a fight, but if something needs to be taken care of, I’ll always be there to stand up for my team mates. I don’t want to be known as a fourth line enforcer (no shade to you all, you do a needed job), so fighting is not my number one go to. I will tell you though, I haven’t lost very many of the ones I have been involved in.

What’s your most memorable goal?
The goals I really like and remember most, are the ones that happen due to a player or goaltender being outsmarted. I’m not delicate and don’t have the fanciest footwork, so I gotta rely on gamesense and trust my instincts when it comes to shooting. One of my favorite goals was me being behind the next, and being able to fool both the defensemen and goaltender on which way I was going, and just tucking that biscuit right past the skates.

You talked about bulking up a second ago, what are you doing to ensure success with that?
I’ve spent a lot of time with my trainer and nutritionist, trying to find exactly what I need to bulk up. As I said before, I’ve struggled with it a bit. I’m currently on a hyper caloric diet, which sucks at times especially when you’re not hungry, but I’ve seen results and will continue until I’m where I like. I eat 4-5 times a day, it seems nice at first but trust me, after a month you won’t wanna see food ever again. I’ve also adjusted my workouts, focusing more on strength and stamina.

Obviously the draft is coming up tomorrow, what are you thoughts and feelings?
My feelings towards the SMJHL draft are both excitement and nervousness. This is a huge deal for me, and one of the biggest events of my lifetime. There’s not a team that I close to dislike, so I’d be happy to be picked by any one of them. My biggest thing is being drafted to a friendly and accepting locker room, however I don’t feel it’ll be a problem with any of the guys here.

How do you feel about the upcoming WJC?
I was selected to represent Team Scandinavia in the WJC! It came as a bit of a surprise to me because I feel as if I haven’t gotten my name out there quite yet, but obviously I’ll take it. The plan is to be flexible, I’m comfortable playing either wing and even center if it’s required of me, anything to help lead us to victory. My biggest hope is that this will pave my way to be chosen for the IIHF Sweden roster in the future!  I wish to integrate well into the locker room, and look forward to meeting everyone as soon as possible.

Falcons Falcons Power forward from Luleå, Sweden  Falcons Falcons
[Image: mordaciious.gif]
The Gay

Thanks for the intro to your player, best of luck in the draft and I hope you end up in the best spot for you (*cough* Raptors *cough*)

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

07-07-2018, 07:23 PMMavfatha Wrote: Thanks for the intro to your player, best of luck in the draft and I hope you end up in the best spot for you (*cough* Raptors *cough*)

thanks much!! i'm really looking forward to the draft and cant wait to see who picks me Wink

Falcons Falcons Power forward from Luleå, Sweden  Falcons Falcons
[Image: mordaciious.gif]
The Gay