Create Account

Jonatan Bäck Pre-Draft Interview

Talk about being announced on the Team Scandinavia roster.
It's an honor to play with Team Scandinavia. It's a great opportunity to play on the international stage and show everyone what I'm about. I've dreamed about the chance to play on a stage like this.
What are your thoughts going into the SMJHL Draft?
I'm very excited to be picked and I know I can help any team that picks me. I'm just focusing on the future and my development. Don't want to get too nervous right before the draft. I can't wait for the season to begin!
Do you have a team preference?
None at all. I admittedly don't know enough about any of the teams to prefer one over the other but I am confident that whoever selects me will be the right fit and I will prove it.
Do you have any goals for the season?
I want to win the SMJHL championship, obviously. But that's a team achievement. Personally, I want to help my team any way I can in the win column and be a good teammate.
Describe yourself as a player.
I'm a reliable, shutdown D who makes almost no mistakes. I keep the game simple and move the puck out of the zone as soon as possible. I am not afraid to get dirty in the corners or block shots, and I don't let anyone stand in-front of the net. 
What are some weaknesses to work on for you?
Definitely my skating, as it's very important for positioning and defensive mobility. Plus my offensive skills, such as shooting from the point and offensive awareness.

[Image: Yxj0Dhu.png] [Image: rEUdjqj.png]
Sweden Jonatan Bäck | Defense Sweden

Reminds of of Richard Physt who jumped in during season 38. Lots of luck at the draft!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

The big bruising d version of William Nylander, haha love it.

Good stuff.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons