Create Account

Tobias Viklund Finally Answers Media After Post-Draft Celebration Bender
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2018, 08:54 PM by Mordaciious.)

(555 words + 2x media week)

What were your hopes and reactions going into the draft?
Honestly going into the draft, I didn’t have super high expectations. Yes, obviously I wanted to draft as high as I could, but I truly had no clue where that would be. Detroit is wonderful, and it’s kinda great to be on a team that isn’t absolutely dominating at the moment. I want to make a difference and not just get carried by a great player or two. After looking at our lines, I have super high hopes for the upcoming season. All of the guys are putting so much time into their conditioning and practice, I don’t see us NOT making the playoffs. 

What’s the Detroit locker room like?
The locker room is definitely my favorite thing about this team so far. The second I walked in, I was met with kindness and was treated like just like a guy that’s been there forever. Within a couple hours we were joking around, and just absolutely roasting each other. I’ve been spending a lot of time with the other rookies, it’s been a great time. I’ve been practicing my language skills a lot more, considering we have guys from all types of countries in this LR. I find it particularly entertaining to chat with Vladislav Konstantin, he’s a real funny guy once you get him going in his native language. Everyone’s had a good time giving Marc Palicka shit about pretty much everything he does, hopefully he knows it’s all in good fun though and doesn’t slash our tires. What happens in the locker room stays in the locker room though, so I’m afraid I can’t leak too much.

What are your thoughts on your contract?
Shortly after being drafted, we came to terms with my contract. Honestly, there wasn’t much negotiation involved, as I didn’t feel the need to. They offered me 3M, and that was definitely the type of contract I was looking for. It even caught me off guard a bit. To know that I’ll have the money to support myself and live comfortably is great, as well as helping my mom and dad move over to the states for a bit. 

Was being drafted in the 3rd round a surprise?
I was drafted 18th overall, which was definitely unexpected. I thought I’d probably place some mid-low 4th round. I can’t thank Detroit enough for seeing something in me and picking me up early.

Lastly, How is Detroit treating you so far?
As soon as I got back from the draft, I started packing my stuff. I wasn’t asked to be in Detroit until later in the week, but I’m a man who needs a steady schedule to function, so I had to get there and set myself up before camp started. I’ve been in Detroit for about a week now, and I absolutely love it. I’m not all that familiar with America, but this city has so much history and grit behind it, I can’t imagine myself anywhere else. There’s some really cool hole-in-the-wall restaurants I’ve found just by walking around and exploring, it’s definitely a unique experience. Americans are so loud and excitable compared to Swedes, but that’s definitely not a bad thing. I feel extremely accepted and welcomed every time I speak to a new person in this community.

Falcons Falcons Power forward from Luleå, Sweden  Falcons Falcons
[Image: mordaciious.gif]
The Gay

FalconsFalconsFalconsFalconsFalconsFalconsFalconsFalconsFalconsFalcons

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]