Create Account

Free Agent Resume

With the recent announcement of his eligibility for S42 of the SMJHL season, Sean Stevenson Jr has decided to put together a mock scouting report for GM's to take a look at before his free agency can begin. I am going to compare him to other Defensive, Two-Way, and Enforcer defensemen in his draft class (S43)

First lets take a look at his strengths:

Defense: 80
Sean's defensive awareness is the furthest along so far in this draft class. This is by far his biggest strength. His understanding and positioning will help him overcome his shortcomings in other areas. Leaving few to wonder if he will be in the right place at the right time. Sean looks to have Defense to at least 90 before the end of his rookie season setting him up to be able to round out his game over the course of his junior career.

Strength: 55
Ranked 8th out of 14 possible other defenders. This will need to improve a lot in his rookie season if he is going to be able to handle the bigger and tougher competition. Sean possesses the body size to put on the muscle without hurting his skating. The question on everyone's mind is can he focus less on the mental aspects of the game and put more into the physical work that it requires to reach the SHL. I for one think he will get there, and I don't think it will take too long. He is only about 15 points behind the strongest rated defender in his class and I think he will close that gap as the season progresses.

Skating: 55
13th out of 14 in eligible defenders some have described him as a pylon that has the vision and smarts to poke check anything in his reach. He will severely need to make up ground here as if he can't keep up with the forwards he has to defend, he will end up defending the back of his seat from the kids behind him kicking it every 10 seconds.

Weakness
Scoring: 40
Sean will never be a guy who puts the puck in the net. A lot like his father he is more focused on making sure his Goalies have a better season than his tally mark. A blistering slapshot coming in at about 50mph (I'm not joking someone get this kid in a weight room) that has a better chance of hitting the fans behind the net than the net itself (Yes I'm aware there is a net protecting them, that is the point). Point is, don't sign or draft this kid hoping for him to be the next Brent Burns, that isn't who he is.

Attitude:
After watching his father stumble through the league after putting in good effort the first few seasons Sean Jr. wants to put the rumors to bed that Stevenson's don't finish things. He stated to me that hearing that his father had given up early on his team and mailed it in after feeling like his efforts went unappreciated were unsettling but he could believe it. His father had always given off a vibe that he regretted how things had gone in his career. "He went from talking about spending nights out with Sawyer and Wastlund being some of the best of his career. When he hurt his knee and then missed a lot of training time, I really feel it killed his career. The fun nights out were gone and the drinking took over. Our house went from one based around hockey to one that ignored hockey." Soon after his father's career went south, Sean Jr. looked to his hockey coaches to help his dad turn things around. Sean Sr. took a job with his son's team and quickly found his love of hockey again. The nights out started again only they were more family oriented. Sean Jr. wants to put his own mark on the league while also helping to repair the Stevenson name. He will be working as hard as he can to make sure he receives the top training possible to grow into one of the best players in SHL history. He is also willing to work with coaches on how to build to better help the team while progressing to the next level. GM's can contact him any time day or night to work on getting a contract done. There were currently no teams said to be interested in the young defenseman as of this articles posting.

Love that strong defensive play to start. Wish we had some cap space for you.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

90 DF before end of rookie season wew lad that's a good boi

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Our D is absolutely stacked. Welcome aboard brother!

[Image: mason_sig_3.0.png]