Create Account

S43 PT #1 - New Season, New Reasons

Three strengths of the Texas Renegades heading into S43 are as follows:

1. The Defense - Led by The Dude, the Renegades defense played well in S42, but everyone has improved coming into the new season. The addition of Brynjar Tusk, plus the rookies in Daniel Karlsson and Harvey Danger, plus don't forget about rookie of the year candidate Mikhail Petrikov and the Rookie of the Year Walter Hobbs in net, all three pairings can hold their own, and if they can't, Hobbs will be there to help out.

2. Management - We've got former GM's of the year Dankoa and JP, plus the reigning coach of the year JP (+Dan) so these kids know what they're doing.

3. Discord - I've never been a part of a more tight knit group than in my short time as a part of the Renegades locker room. Every single guy in there supports the others and we all have each other's back. We may not be the most liked team in the SHL but fuck you guys, everybody who's ever wanted to play for Texas wants to come back with their recreate for a reason.

[Image: Lkkhepg.png]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

Edmonton Blizzards have been playoff contenders for the last three seasons and this season is not going to be different because we are far from backing down as our ultimate goal is to get that cup that has been missing in Edmonton for so many seasons already. The team you're looking at right now truly is a championship worthy team and we will prove that. If you still are sceptical then let me tell you few of the fact about the team, staff and organisation itself.

1. Players - Edmonton Blizzards is one of the deepest teams out there and that means that we can play a highly skilled ice hockey through all three lines, through all offenses and all defenses that enemy puts in front of us. Can you say that to other league teams? Definitely no, and those who cannot say "yes" to this question will be the first ones eliminated on Edmontons way to the cup.

2. Staff - We have had the same management team for many, many seasons and that is an asset that you cannot change for nothing, because these guys have built this team from the ground to the top and each piece has come together very well. They know each and every player, they know their playing styles and where they are effective and where not. A great example is Isaac. He did earn more penalty minutes than we all would like and often left us in hard situations, it was stated by the GM's as well, but they know that he totally made up for those penalties whenever he was on ice and due to this reason, although they could have moved Cuddles up, Isaac is going to be playing first line still. They believe in their guys and know all the small bits about the team.

3. Organisations - Well there is nothing much to add as this is the greatest organisation I have been part of and I already know that I will retire my number and my career with this organisation and no other.

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

The first strength that the Colorado Raptors will have in their favour this upcoming season is that no less than twelve of their returning players will have reached the 350 TPE cap. This will mean that from the get-go the Raptors will have a dominant force, though by the end of the season other teams may catch up but the advantage at the beginning may be enough to carry us easily into the playoffs.

Secondly, we have a new management crew who are coming in with no hard feelings and no radical changes. It's nice to see though we will miss Flappy and Incite. A fresh set of eyes can perhaps see new chemistry and give a fresh look to a young team. Should be interesting.

Finally, the returning crew are all a bunch of really great guys (and one super awesome girl) who do nothing but support each other in the locker room. A good mix of old timers and newcomers who all contribute greatly to what will hopefully be a memorable Raptors dynasty.

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

Return of the old dog
The return of Jasper Clayton to the New England Wolfpack will boost the troop’s moral without any doubt. Jasper Clayton, who was almost a New England Wolfpack for life, decided to return home in his last season in order to help the team make another push toward playoff. He will be slotted on the second pairing, which should be enough for him to be a threat.
Piotr Czerkawski faced the Dragons
While Piotr Czerkawski did not play a lot for the New England Wolfpack last season, he played in what were the most important games you can find at the SHL level, the Challenge Cup finals. This experience should help him elevate his game as a rookie this season.
The other puppies
Both Alex Andani and Kristaps Ball are taking their first skate with the team this season. They should help the New England Wolfpack grow up their game and should develop nicely in the season.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Four reasons the Los Angeles Panthers will make some noise in Season 43:

1 – The Stars
The Panthers can boast having a few of the leagues premier players who have yet to hit regression. Sophia Bennett, Matthew Auston and Yuri Boyka Jr. will be looked upon to lead the way offensively. Bennett is a potential threat to win the league scoring race this season.

2 – The Aging but Contributing Vets
Guys like Maximillian Wachter, Jean-Luc Reflieux and Mathew Leetch are key pieces of the puzzle and we are privileged to have them around. They provide excellent leadership in the locker room and all three are still ticking as top players in the league, Wachter and Reflieux putting up roughly PPG numbers the past few seasons and Matthew Leetch putting in Stevens worthy play the past few seasons.

3 – The Young Guns
The Panthers are flooded with young talent this year. Up front rookie Lightning Jones is expected to make a big impact to the lineup, while sophomore Mattias Enqvist is expected to improve on a tough rookie season. On the back end young guns Johnson and Toner will be expected to carry a heavier load as top defenseman Leetch continues to fight regression.

4 – The Management
I had to include a fourth reason because I just couldn’t leave these guys out. Wasty and Bottas are two of the most experienced and dedicated managers around. They now how to build and run a hell of a team. We’ve been close the past few years, making the Cup Finals but ultimately falling just short. I have faith that these two can help guide us where we need to be.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

159 words

The Season 42 Challenge Cup Finalists look forward to Season 43 with high hopes and big expectations-- and for good reason. The main reason bolstering the Vancouver Whalers's confidence is the experience that comes with winning. After winning the regular season and coming within a few bad bounces of winning the playoffs, the Whalers already know what it takes to win, and more importantly they already have the built in chemistry that can only be found through deep playoffs runs. Which brings me to my next point, the Whalers have already gelled as a club, and every player has only gotten better during this off season. The Whalers' depth is off the charts, with several capped players. Studs standing out on already stacked team are highlighted by the insane talent level found on the wings. Lastly, the Whalers' dedication--or activity level--as a collective unit is second to none. The camaraderie in the room translates to cohesiveness on the ice.

Honestly, the Whalers are looking pretty good as usual this season. The first strength of theirs I'd like to list is their vets. Last seasons top scorer Eriks Skalbergs will be staying in Vancouver, along with star dmen such as Geoff Moore and Tokek Takshak. Although they have left players Jean-Luc Picard, Alex Andani, and Kristaps Ball, the current Whalers stand poised to absorb those losses, as other veterans such as Soren Kierkegaarde and Max Maudlin up their game. Their goalie tandem is also amazingly good, as Johannes Leitner prepares to step into the starting role. Greg Santos is remaining as a backup, creating easily one of the most potent goalie pairs in the SMJHL. Lastly, new players acquired in the draft such as Shaquille Derisraka, Barret McCarthy, and Lillie Jacobs will provide the depth the Whalers need. The Whalers are more than ready for another dominant year in the J, even if the rest of the league isn't.

Now if only Plas would update

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

1. The Halifax Raiders have a lot of their roster going into the sophomore year and still all but 2 since last draft are active on both the LR and on the SHL site. It will help us to continue to grow for the next couple seasons and hopefully set Raider and SMJHL records and have a lot of success before being called up to the SHL.
  2. A lot of the team has grown so much and has been active with all the TPE opportunities. The top 6 forwards are all over 300 TPE from being rookies starting last season, with 4 on the team that will be 350 for the start of S43.
  3. The support given to us by our GMs TDZ and Dizzy, they are always helpful when we had questions through the learning curve and still are a wealth of knowledge for any questions that we have. Since my first day in the LR they have made a very positive environment and made it fun to be a Raider. Those two and my teammates have been a huge reason why I keep active on SHL.

187 word count.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png][Image: 8xyKeyf.png][Image: gs89eGV.png]

[Image: Lq99Y4d.png]
-------------------------------------------------------------
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

Last season was a bit of a learning season for most of the St. Louis Scarecrows, and the veterans of the team were not enough to drag the rooks to the playoffs. This season however, with several of those veterans being called up, the returning S43 class is ready to show they are ready for the pressure of carrying this team to victory.

The first strength is the offense. Names like Goku Muerto, WJC GOLD winning teammates Nicholas Williams and Adam Taylor, Steven Moyer, Lil' Manius and Nicky Pedersen Jr. make this a true star-studded lineup. Adam Taylor's 2-way game will make life a lot easier for defensemen and goalies alike, and the top line of Williams, Muerto, and Pedersen will make life hell for everyone else.

On the back end things aren't too shabby either. Kiko Rytmeyr and Gordie Maple anchor the top pairing and are ready to poke check, block shots, and give it their all to keep the puck out of our net. They will also try to create some offense in 5v5 and on the powerplay.

Admittedly, one of our weaknesses has to be the goalie tandem. Cain won't be capped until well into the season, and the backup is not a name I recognize (sorry if you're not inactive!!!). Cain should still be a strong goalie and the players around him definitely improve his play, but as compared to other goalies in the league, there's more room for improvement.

Our third strength, and quite an underrated one, is the active and fun locker room environment in St. Louis. To paraphrase recently departed defenseman Taurus Karazija, "The best locker room in the SMJHL, bar none. Fuckin' right boys." (He didn't actually say that but I KNOW that he thought it at one point). Keeping the players engaged and motivated to keep improving is the most important part of the locker room, and none do it better than St. Louis.

(331 words)

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Going into the season, the Montreal Milita have a few key things going for them:

#1 New Management
Last season saw questionable management that made very few adjustments throughout the season and it resulted in nearly missing the playoffs followed by a disappointing cup run. Now the Militia are under new direction and look to compete each and every night.

#2 Depth
Every team in the SMJHL is loaded but so is Montreal. Featuring a capped goaltender and top Defensive pairing and top 6 forwards...this is a team ready to hang with the best in the league. Returning veterans like Hudson and Pivonka are looking to jump up from the 4th line to the 1st and could be the spark this franchise needs to get back to the Finals.

#3 Goaltending
Vrana returns to the net once more but with far more experience and development. Last season saw him as a true rookie but this year he will be a capped goaltender who could legitimately backstop a contender. Look for Vrana to have an all star season if he plays to his potential.

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Since i'm going to play another year in the juniors, today i'm going to talk about the Halifax Raiders in the SMJHL.

3 strengths;

1- Depth at center.

Leshaun King, Kristof Kovacs, Myself and pumped up new blood rookie Mister McCarty should be centering our 4 lines respectively. Expect great things to happen down the middle. I'm obviously the best center here. Best in the whole league.

2- Acquisition of veteran personnel through the S43 SMJHL draft.

It's strange but it's true. Most of our rookies are re creates and have a huge amount of experience in the SHL compared to last season's draft class where our team drafted newcomers from reddit.

3- Lit Locker room.

Yes our locker room is still lit. Very active, very very active. The flame from the new blood drafted last season is still ignited. The newly drafted veteran will enjoy our locker room culture and have already begun to contribute.

Quote:156 words

[Image: Faceoffs-sig1.gif]

The strengths of the season 43 LA Panthers include many of the same players as in past years. Their ongoing key strengths are a core of high-powered veteran players and the brick wall of Evgueni Marmeladov in net. A new strength is the continuing development of key younger players.

There are a few forwards and one defenseman who have been absolutely essential to the Panthers over the past few seasons. Sophia Bennett, Matthew Auston, Maximilian Wachter and Jean-Luc Reflieux have been those forwards. None have won any recent scoring titles, but all of them are key offensive contributors as well as having robust two-way games. At the other end is Matthew Leetch, who lacks a physical side to his game, but is amazing at every other part, playing so well that he was able to shelter a rookie defensemen in the Panthers’ recent trip to the finals.

The play of net minder Evgueni “Marmy” Marmeladov has been nothing less than stellar in recent seasons, and has frequently bailed the Panthers out in games they had no business winning. He’ll probably need to continue that trend.

The final strength is the progression of young players, specifically the two defensemen out of Halifax, James Johnson and Jon Toner. Toner is more of a point man, while Johnson is more responsible in his own end, but they’ll need both to take another step forward to win this year.