Create Account

Rule 3.A.1 Amendment

While it may not have been expressed by people in the most productive manner, it's apparent that the wording of the rule change was not cohesive to its aims. As such, the rule has been amended. This is less of a functional change and more of a wording change, to ensure that the intention of the rule is clear and not tripping over itself in trying to be too expressive. We're not lawyers, in trying to appeal to the general complaint that the rules are too vague we ended up creating a rule that was altogether too vague and too specific at the same time. With this revision we're hoping the rule will suffice to do what it aims without causing so much conflict and confusion.

The big change here is that section 1a has been entirely removed, and a few other minor tweaks were made so that the rule still made sense with that change although these were more changes in wording than changes in any sort of function.

Hopefully at this point we can return to being the site so many of us know and love, rather than the one we have been of late.

----------------

3. Personal attacks, excessive trolling and trolling in a malicious way, baiting and spamming, racist or homophobic remarks, general hate speech and any other types of comments that are meant to slander members of a certain religious, ethnic group, or those with disabilities will not be tolerated.

1. The punishment will be a mixture of game suspensions, fines and posting restrictions, judged based on the level of severity of the offense and will be handled on a case by case basis. The minimum punishments are as follows:

- 1st Offense – 3 Games / 1 Week
- 2nd Offense – 5 Games / 2 Weeks
- 3rd Offense – 10 Games / One Month

2. Repeat offenses will be punished more harshly. Accomplices to any punishable offense, including ganging up on a specific member, can face up to as harsh of a punishment as the original offender.

3. Please note that while leniency will be given in regards to attacks within the Thunderdome, all verbiage must fall in line with the website's overall general policy. You can still be suspended for behavior in the thunderdome as well.

4. From this point forward, Discord, as an extension of the SHL itself being represented, will now be under the same scrutiny as the website, simulationhockey.com. While, there will be no need for LRs to have HO involved on a day-to-day basis, as cases are presented they will be reviewed and determined as punishable (or not) at the discretion of the HO.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

[Image: zHzHDEq.jpg]

hi eggy

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

ayy loopholes closed

[Image: 35513_s.gif]
Sigs by Kit, Maxy, Mook, LazyEye, Wasty, Ragnar, Bushito, Frank, 701, Pandar

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: 263vaqs.png][Image: 8x07c6.png][Image: 2ut59pt.png][Image: s6rdXyK.png]

Part 4 is still so ridiculous imo.

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

09-16-2018, 07:58 PMkit Wrote: Part 4 is still so ridiculous imo.

<3

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

09-16-2018, 07:52 PMNereus Wrote: [Image: zHzHDEq.jpg]

hi eggy

I'm sorry you had to come back to this.

Be free, Nereus. Let your soul be absolved of this burden.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

09-16-2018, 07:50 PMEggy216 Wrote: 4. From this point forward, Discord, as an extension of the SHL itself being represented, will now be under the same scrutiny as the website, simulationhockey.com. While, there will be no need for LRs to have HO involved on a day-to-day basis, as cases are presented they will be reviewed and determined as punishable (or not) at the discretion of the HO.

what in the fuck lmfao

09-16-2018, 08:01 PMztevans Wrote:
09-16-2018, 07:52 PMNereus Wrote: [Image: zHzHDEq.jpg]

hi eggy

I'm sorry you had to come back to this.

Be free, Nereus. Let your soul be absolved of this burden.

[Image: tenor.gif]

sigs by ToeDragon84

agree wholeheartedly with this

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Omg @Nereus
[Image: Ta4B.gif]

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

This is fine

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

09-16-2018, 08:10 PMToeDragon84 Wrote: Omg @Nereus
[Image: Ta4B.gif]

[Image: 1493397896358.gif]

tfw you got away with all the terrible things you said cause you old af and irrelevant in shl history

sigs by ToeDragon84

Can someone at least explain to me why you feel the need to police private discord servers??

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

I still think it's dumb to police discord, but a big improvement from the other one.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2018, 08:16 PM by adamantium.)

09-16-2018, 08:13 PMkit Wrote: Can someone at least explain to me why you feel the need to police private discord servers??

Not sure of the rationale of HO on this, but in my opinion, Discord is so ingrained in the way the league functions now that it's basically an extension of the forum as it is. At least in Hamilton, the discord server basically is the locker room. Makes sense to me at least that, if you treat discord like an extension of the site, it should be subject to the same rules.

That said, I should mention that I don't think having HO members in every server is a good idea, but if it's egregious to the point where it needs reporting to HO, then yeah maybe some action should be taken.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch